z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
1/31/11 7:42 p.m.

If you have Netflix, stream it instantly. Otherwise rent it.

Really off-the-wall, funny documentary about parking lot attendants.

If you've ever worked in the service industry, or as a parking lot attendant?, I think you will identify with this movie.

(Former gas station clerk in high school and college here)

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/11 9:36 p.m.

watched it the other day, i got a kick out of it and would definitely recommed it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
1/31/11 9:48 p.m.

I thought you meant this:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/114794/heavy-metal-parking-lot

Chris

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
2/2/11 5:03 p.m.

Good to hear it's good, I stumbled across it last night and added it to the que, netflix streaming is ruining my life right now, LOL. Currently working through some TV shows and the new Kevin Smith talks thing, "too fat for 40" I think it is.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
2/2/11 6:22 p.m.

Yeah, I'm sure Cox hates the bandwidth we use up streaming Netflix.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
2/3/11 1:05 a.m.

"Which is of course one of the problems of having a bunch of insanely overeducated people working in a service sector job."

I've so been there.

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
2/3/11 7:47 a.m.

Great doc. I love the attendants chasing the non-paying customers into the street.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/3/11 7:56 a.m.

Best quote from a parking lot attendant ever (to my mother who was trying to leave without paying):

"Just 'cause its public, don't mean its free!"

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
2/3/11 5:21 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: Yeah, I'm sure Cox hates the bandwidth we use up streaming Netflix.

They sure do, and its only going to get worse as more and more people dump their $80-100/mo cable bills for a $30/mo internet bill. Of course there's going to be more throttling and mysterious internet outages as they try and fight back. Things will probably get worse but the consumer will win in the end.

novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
2/3/11 7:10 p.m.
SupraWes wrote:
z31maniac wrote: Yeah, I'm sure Cox hates the bandwidth we use up streaming Netflix.
They sure do, and its only going to get worse as more and more people dump their $80-100/mo cable bills for a $30/mo internet bill. Of course there's going to be more throttling and mysterious internet outages as they try and fight back. Things will probably get worse but the consumer will win in the end.

they'll just charge more for more bandwidth like they did in the early days of 56k modems- you get a certain limited amount of data you can download, and if you exceed it they you charge more. i know when i first got in the internat back in the fall of '98, they allowed you something like 2GB a month for the basic rate- which is a lot for a 56k dialup connection..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CRaZDlYMSMHTop2WFBJmcQQLOS6xr0yjM6ywvIJBNG1cBANmhuuEEbb15sFtjtva