1 2 3
revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/16 12:31 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I have a few. I have found it is impossible to take a good picture of your own forearm though.

And shin. My favorite one is on my right shin, but taking the picture myself is proving difficult.

A scars thread would be pretty cool. Seeing all the scars responses I started looking, and Im surprised where there were scars for years are now blank spots of skin

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/14/16 12:35 p.m.

I have one. A E36 M3ty flash tattoo i got on a whim. Tribal even! Won't ever cover it though. Two reasons. I dont do regrets. And...its actually a neat story. The man that did it, mike malone, is also known as Rollo. He died in... 2001? But he did a ton of the flash you see everywhere, and trained under sailor jerry in hawaii. So, its a fun bit of history for me.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/14/16 12:54 p.m.

Just like w/cars - not into non-performance enhancing mods but don't mind seeing what others do to their chassis.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/16 2:54 p.m.

A couple of scars, no ink. Another vote for "why make myself more identifiable?"

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/16 2:58 p.m.

Another scars, no ink.

jcrosby
jcrosby New Reader
5/14/16 6:49 p.m.

I've got an exact copy of a fetal heart beat from an ultrasound on my left shoulder. Probably going to get a second one beneath it. Most people don't recognize what it is and just assume it's supposed to be a tribal.

Also thinking about a couple others I might want.

EDIT I got t-boned by an Explorer while on my motorcycle a few years back so if we start a scars thread I'll have to figure out how to submit pics

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/16 7:03 p.m.

Sounds like a lot of us would rather spend our hard earned dollars on car parts instead of ink.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
5/14/16 7:41 p.m.

I've got one on the back of one leg from knee to ankle that is a piston whose con rod is driving a modified bicycle crank with the chain going into my ankle.

Another on my upper arm that's a skull with a spark plug in the top and crossed wrenches underneath.

Both full color.

You collect your art, and I'll collect mine. I'll post pictures when I can.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
5/14/16 9:38 p.m.

Nothing on me either, a few scars, but no ink.

SWMBO got one on her foot a couple years ago, I protested a little, but she wanted it, so she got it. SWMBO and her best girlfriend since childhood got matching compass looking things they designed themselves. Apparently her friend wields more influence than I.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
5/14/16 10:24 p.m.

No ink here, although I've wanted to get one for some time. Watching a lot of ink master on television has changed my mind. There are a lot of bad tattoos out there. I don't want to have one. My wife has two. I don't mind them, but they really don't mean anything to her or me. The first one was on a whim while on vacation. Her mother saw a tattoo shop and they both decided to get tattoos on the spot. Just picked off the wall. I don't get it.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/14/16 10:31 p.m.

I'm 100% tatted up. Very realistic too. They look just like real freckles!! You'd NEVER know ;)

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/14/16 11:32 p.m.

It's the piercings that weird me right out. Maybe it's due to accidentally jamming metal things in my body at work more than a few times.

If you want to look like you fell face-first into a tackle box, that's your choice but those ear loops are freaky.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
5/15/16 8:24 a.m.

Lots of scars for me (better stories), but I've considered this often.

However, remain ink free.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
5/15/16 10:18 a.m.
Woody wrote: Sounds like a lot of us would rather spend our hard earned dollars on car parts instead of ink.

I can think of many things I would rather spend money on.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
5/15/16 10:24 a.m.

I've had enough 'WTF did I do that for' moments an hour after posting in a thread, tattoos would probably be a bad idear for me.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/15/16 12:09 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: Lots of scars for me (better stories), but I've considered this often. However, remain ink free.

Aside from the religious bit, it would drive me absolutely batty if I had something permanently on my body that wasn't prefect symmetrical or consistent like this picture..

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/16 2:00 p.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that it's a crooked cross.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
5/15/16 2:12 p.m.
etifosi wrote: Just like w/cars - not into non-performance enhancing mods but don't mind seeing what others do to their chassis.

So, cybernetic implants only?

No tattoos for me, I'm not decisive enough to choose anything permenant like that.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
5/15/16 2:33 p.m.

I'm the only one of my siblings without ink. I've never had the combination of desire and money to get anything done. My wife is supposed to get a keyblade with her sister, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
5/15/16 2:38 p.m.

This thread is cracking me up - guy asks for pics of ink, every response is from people without ink.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
5/15/16 5:20 p.m.

No ink but plenty of scars.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/15/16 7:30 p.m.

Oddly enough every girl I've dated has tattoos, but I don't.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/15/16 7:54 p.m.

Not bad, my biggest, fastest growing thread, and a total bust. Honestly I'm surprised, I don't think I know anyone in the real world who wrenches without ink. They've all been hiding out here. But maybe someone should start a scars thread, could be interesting

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/15/16 7:59 p.m.

No tattoos, and most of my scars aren't that interesting either.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
5/15/16 8:00 p.m.

I don't trust anyone that approaches me with a sharp pointy thing. I can do enough permanent damage to my self by myself.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P2UHra7qLUD0dYj0eT5MeLmBiH2UtLcMgiCFRxyA3gHFfRE64ms4uIx6vAMeamSG