1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32
Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/25/19 5:05 p.m.

My history (since 1994, when I bought my first SW1, new) with Saturn wagons keeps repeating itself.   

Here are Shifty and Slushie, a pair of '95 SW2s that I just recently realized looked remarkably (yet unintentionally) like a Saturn ad...

They are both mine, now that my wife is driving the Prius.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
7/25/19 7:58 p.m.

I have a weird thing for those Saturn wagons. Awesome!

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/25/19 8:01 p.m.

I saw that a Nissan/Chevy dealership in town has a suspiciously clean white SW2 on their lot. I didn't think I would ever see one of those clean with a window sticker.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/25/19 9:36 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
Duke said:

It's probably tacky to post pictures of your own wagon, isn't it?

Uh.....That's EXACTLY what this thread is about.  Sharing (and spreading) the love of the Long Roof.  Please post that Amazing Volvo Wagon you recently scored.

Tacky? I'm in!

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/25/19 9:54 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I saw that a Nissan/Chevy dealership in town has a suspiciously clean white SW2 on their lot. I didn't think I would ever see one of those clean with a window sticker.

I really want a white '95 SW2.  They don't come up often, and the few times they do, the timing is always awful for me.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/26/19 3:33 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

Tacky wagon self promotion? Sure I'm down.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/26/19 5:24 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/26/19 6:45 a.m.
Floating Doc said:
Indy-Guy said:
Duke said:

It's probably tacky to post pictures of your own wagon, isn't it?

Uh.....That's EXACTLY what this thread is about.  Sharing (and spreading) the love of the Long Roof.  Please post that Amazing Volvo Wagon you recently scored.

Tacky? I'm in

Man, those things are still so cool.  My mother had a 2004 or 5, in red.  When she passed on in 2007, I so badly wanted to buy an Evo VII rear end wreck and make an Evo wagon out of it.  SO BADLY.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/26/19 6:57 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Had to be an 04, only year to be imported.

Also a good example of how rarity doesn't always equal value. Mine's been super reliable for nearly 10 years now though.

As for the Evo wagon, I've had the same thought. As I've said before in the same context, all I lack is time, talent and money.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/26/19 7:01 a.m.

Here's my new Swedish longbeast.  Just rolled over 1,000 miles.  I may try autocrossing it in September.  I also want to get it down to Cecil County dragway and see how deep I can get it into the 13s.  It should be capable.

It's astounding how low it actually sits on the sport suspension.  The top of the roof is well below my eye level, and I'm not exceptionally tall.  I was holding the phone at waist level for these shots.  I do wish the roofline was a little more square and didn't taper so much to the back, more like Doc's Lancer Sportbak up there.

Thanks for looking!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/26/19 7:07 a.m.

My first view of it in the metal:

Crappy interior shot, but it's the only one I have:

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/26/19 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

That's a really good looking wagon.  Looks amazing in that color of blue.

Here's something for the Mopar Long Roof Fans:

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/26/19 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Sooo tough to find a MoPar Full Size wagon cheap.  It was partly the reason why I traded for the Tan Panther-

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/26/19 1:42 p.m.

Still plenty more longroofs that are still i my stable (can you tell I like wagons?), so here is the K-Wag, my '86 Aries.  2.2/Automatic, will hopefully get a Turbo IV /568 swap from that red LeBaron GTC 'vert now that I'm dailying Slushy the green SW2.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/26/19 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

That's a sweet Panther box wagon! I'm going to own one of those someday.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/30/19 8:38 a.m.
Cooter said:

Still plenty more longroofs that are still i my stable (can you tell I like wagons?), so here is the K-Wag, my '86 Aries.  2.2/Automatic, will hopefully get a Turbo IV /568 swap from that red LeBaron GTC 'vert now that I'm dailying Slushy the green SW2.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/30/19 9:40 a.m.

The T&C is supposed to get a PT/GT swap with sRT bits from a Cruiser I bought a while back.  I don't have many photos of the Town and Country, as I only drove it a few months before putting it into storage.   Here is one of me hauling it behind the D2Crew while shifting around vehicles in storage.

And after I swapped some 16" wheels from a LeBaron GTS

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/30/19 10:02 a.m.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/30/19 12:36 p.m.

I know of a 440 taking up space in the shop that really needs to be in a mopar wagon. I too am making do with a Chevy wagon at the moment though. To be fair I still really like my Chevy wagon. 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
7/30/19 1:40 p.m.
Cooter said:

My parents bought am '81 Aries wagon when we lived on the border of Alaska. Chocolate brown, no AC. Fine for living on the border of Alaska.

Except both sets of grandparents lived in the semi-desert area of BC, and the back windows on the wagon DID NOT ROLL DOWN. Holy carp.  It was heat exhaustion death in the back of the car. Trips through the prairies, ugh.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/30/19 1:57 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/30/19 2:00 p.m.
Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/30/19 3:19 p.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

The early ones had wing windows that opened, and the later ones had roll down windows in the rear doors.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
7/30/19 3:21 p.m.
craiglist d00d said:

"383 Engine with 440 HEADS"

All the big blocks use the same heads from the late 60s on up. (per that model year, and excepting some industrial 413s)

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
7/30/19 8:06 p.m.
Duke said:

Here's my new Swedish longbeast.  Just rolled over 1,000 miles.  I may try autocrossing it in September.  I also want to get it down to Cecil County dragway and see how deep I can get it into the 13s.  It should be capable.

It's astounding how low it actually sits on the sport suspension.  The top of the roof is well below my eye level, and I'm not exceptionally tall.  I was holding the phone at waist level for these shots.  I do wish the roofline was a little more square and didn't taper so much to the back, more like Doc's Lancer Sportbak up there.

Thanks for looking!

I hope these new S60/V60 cars age well and the 2.0L Volvo has been using in everything doesn't have any hickups because these look amazing.  They distilled the large Volvo styling into a smaller package and I think it turned out very nice.  Someone at work recently picked up a XC60 plug-in in the same color as yours, the T8 I assume.  Let us know how you like the car once you get to know it! 

1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 32

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TgpgyQslZrAW4zE5nSR8UTl84Bq02GahMLbkEVTDVGTn4ZCu71rI81d1kRWd8rnJ