1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32
Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
3/28/20 9:54 a.m.

We just bought this.  Currently trying to get shipping setup to get it back to PA from CA.  

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/28/20 10:38 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I think it might be Guy Martin's Amazon wagon.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/28/20 1:10 p.m.

Gives me inspiration to get going on my wide body with a set back 3.0L v6 '67 Amazon Estate.

I plan to make it a 2 door also but I am going to stretch the doors by around 1/2 or use a coupe door and pillar.

The 4D door is too short and the driver will be moved back some due to the motor setback.

The coupe door also has a curve at the rear bottom instead of the square cut of the 4D door.

I have a Supra IRS but I'm thinking a 3 link straight axle will be better to facilitate roll center adjustment for tuning purposes.

Guy's car does not seem to have an IRS?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/8/20 1:06 p.m.

I never knew these things existed before today.  1967 Datsun 411:

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/20 11:36 p.m.

Forgot about this thread.

My 2004 Japanese wagons. I've had the Ralliart for almost 11 years, the WRX for three months.

I guess now that I have two, I can call it a collection.

I was joking with my wife that I needed a silver Mazda 6 wagon next. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
7/9/20 8:31 a.m.

Looking for one of these boyos in the next year or so. Honestly so much better/nicer than I expected it to be, really excited to upgrade our road trips from my 20yr old, 200k+ Expedition

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/20 8:36 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

Looking for one of these boyos in the next year or so. Honestly so much better/nicer than I expected it to be, really excited to upgrade our road trips from my 20yr old, 200k+ Expedition

Start looking now.  I agree, they are awfully nice cars, but in 2 years I have seen exactly one if them in the metal.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/9/20 8:47 a.m.

Here's a shot from the last time I took the V4 wagon out, which sadly was in May:

I keep toying with the idea of offering it back to the friends I bought it from, but then I go drive it and it all goes away.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
7/9/20 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

We are lucky to be in Detroit Metro and there seem to be several that come up around here, and I have family in the Atlanta area so I will essentially start looking in the I-75 corridor and expand out to wherever from there. Production numbers aren't high, but there are still a decent number of them out there, and they are still selling new 2020's as well. This one we test drove at a dealer ~15 miles from my house, and it was *perfect* other than still being a little more pricey than we're game for. Asking $27k for a 2018 with 13k miles, but man was it nice.

In reply to Powar (Forum Supporter) :

Love to see that out and about, and what a good picture! Hope you can get many more miles in this year. Having never driven a V4, I like to imagine that's somehow more fun and less terrifying than the typical old, slow wagon experience I'm used to : )

xxsportscar
xxsportscar New Reader
7/9/20 9:57 a.m.

I love our 9-3 wagon, I was actually able to fit a washer and dryer in the back but I don't have a picture of that.  I do wish the hatch were wide enough to fit a full sheet of plywood.

I live in the metro Detroit area and come across several of the regal wagons, they look a little larger and I wonder if the hatch is now 48"

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/9/20 10:12 a.m.

I recently traded for a 2001 s4 wagon and actually really enjoy the car. It feels a lot lighter than I thought it would. However, my girlfriend also enjoys driving it and has since claimed the car for herself.

Now I'm looking on craigslist for another s4 wagon...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/9/20 11:45 a.m.

My friend Pete has a Volvo Duette, his is green and cream color.  REFUSES to sell it to me after he saw the BatVan and other projects, thinks I'll bastardize it.

I wouldn't/couldn't.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/9/20 9:10 p.m.

I daily drove the pictured 445 Duett from 1976 til 1991. Towed my race cars with it. It looked odd with a winged FSV Lola on an open trailer, I wish I had a pic of that...Customized Duetts were a thing in north NJ. There were 1/2 dozen of us with them between 1970-1990. Mine had B20, 4 speed, and disc brakes. Originally B16 3 spd. vin 44508-1958-7170. Gone to the crusher now.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/9/20 11:27 p.m.

I still love mine, the new exhaust makes the hatch a bit less useable but it's been the best project car I've ever owned. From cruises to grocery runs it does it all. Unless it's over 90 then my wife isn't riding in it 

STM317
STM317 UberDork
7/14/20 1:30 p.m.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/14/20 9:06 p.m.

Bill, beautiful car! It's a shame it's gone.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/20 7:08 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I wouldn't sell you something after seeing the batvan and other projects either laugh

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/15/20 8:08 a.m.
Nick Venero
Nick Venero GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/15/20 8:14 a.m.

I love wagons, this was my Caprice Wagon. I am now driving a Suburban (caprice wagon with lift kit) but I am ready to move back into a real wagon, love the Mercedes wagons!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/15/20 11:28 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 914Driver :

I wouldn't sell you something after seeing the batvan and other projects either laugh

Arrrgghhhh.  right through the heart.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
7/15/20 12:46 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

It's coming to the US! I have been saving since I first saw the RS2, and now it's finally here. I hope my $12.93 will be enough for a down payment.

Automotive perfection

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/15/20 12:48 p.m.
Nick Venero said:

I love wagons, this was my Caprice Wagon. I am now driving a Suburban (caprice wagon with lift kit) but I am ready to move back into a real wagon, love the Mercedes wagons!

beauty

is that wearing e39 540i 6MT wheels??

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/15/20 3:47 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/20 4:01 p.m.
Storz said:
pinchvalve said:

It's coming to the US! I have been saving since I first saw the RS2, and now it's finally here. I hope my $12.93 will be enough for a down payment.

Automotive perfection

The wheels are at least 2" too big - maybe 4" -  and something must be done about that grille.  Other than that, yeah, cool.

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 32

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I5JWlExhxkMkivCprNa7ZBcBpksn6zY1JQY02kjhevfplkEWbezjWMNzNUdjvoxx