1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/12/16 1:25 p.m.

When these came out in '86, the design was revolutionary. I was 14 at the time and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
1/12/16 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

Never, and I mean ever, could I envision a world where that is cool. I love wagons but that, no.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/12/16 1:54 p.m.

Hey, as an early teen in the mid-80's, there were a lot of "cool" things that aren't cool today. There are a lot of other awesome wagons, but they've already been listed.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
1/12/16 2:41 p.m.

The Taurus also gained a million cool points by being the cop car in Robocop. Kids are simple creatures. "Cool" could be a minivan because it's black and has TV screens.

Also applicable: Never, ever give a damn about whether a kid thinks your car is cool. Because they all have truly wretched tastes in almost everything.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
1/12/16 2:43 p.m.
dculberson wrote: The Taurus also gained a million cool points by being the cop car in Robocop. Kids are simple creatures. "Cool" could be a minivan because it's black and has TV screens. Also applicable: Never, ever give a damn about whether a kid thinks your car is cool. Because they all have truly wretched tastes in almost everything.

I hope your not talking about ectocooler because that stuff was the E36 M3.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/12/16 3:01 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: When these came out in '86, the design was revolutionary. I was 14 at the time and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Revolutionary because it was a rounded box instead of a square box.

I actually think the egg shaped Taurus wagons are a good look.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/16 3:08 p.m.

IMO, the first-gen Taurii have aged better than the DN101 (late 90s) version. I was a fan of the first-gen wagon, as well, and was always pissed that they never made a SHO wagon, other than this one-off: http://www.ford-taurus.org/taurusinfo/Articles/CnD-Apr93/CnD-Apr93.pdf

Storz
Storz Dork
1/12/16 3:17 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Klayfish wrote: When these came out in '86, the design was revolutionary. I was 14 at the time and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Revolutionary because it was a rounded box instead of a square box. I actually think the egg shaped Taurus wagons are a good look.

Whoa, my mind tells me I should not like that, but my eyes says YES! That is actually pretty damn cool looking. Amazing what a set of wheels and a little drop does

Storz
Storz Dork
1/12/16 3:19 p.m.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/12/16 4:34 p.m.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/12/16 5:49 p.m.

These may be craptastic, but I always wanted one...

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
1/12/16 5:57 p.m.

I found a Honda Accord wagon, haven't done much since buying it, but it will be forever mine.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
1/12/16 6:06 p.m.

I've always been partial to this generation Accord Wagon.

This is the only picture of a modded one that I found that wasn't absolutely slammed on the ground making it completely useless as a vehicle.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
1/12/16 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Nick (LUCAS) Comstock:

That looks like mine, your slammed comment now has me wondering about crosstour wheelbase? junk car+ junk car × 30 pack= ? I are math whizz.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/16 6:39 p.m.

While we're talking about old Fords:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/12/16 7:56 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: These may be craptastic, but I always wanted one...

I'll bet you can even make one handle with a little homework.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
1/12/16 8:10 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
1/12/16 8:16 p.m.

One of my favorite wagons:

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/16 9:40 p.m.

I find it funny that the Fairmont gets a lot of love.. but the later LTD doesn't

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/16 9:44 p.m.

My best friend in high school had a 77 LTD wagon like this one. It had the 400M and the towing package, which included 4-wheel disc brakes:

ihayes
ihayes New Reader
1/12/16 10:42 p.m.

I want this one over here in the states... But it's not gonna happen:

Brian
Brian MegaDork
Storz wrote: Kia may bring the Sportspace Optima to us

I could live with an auto for that.

VonSmallhausen
VonSmallhausen GRM+ Memberand Reader

Love my Magnum, especially on used race rubber...

travellering
travellering Reader
1/13/16 4:15 a.m.

I likey my wagons!

Storz
Storz Dork
1/13/16 6:09 a.m.

Add this one to the list of "wish-we-could-haves"

Opel Insignia Wagon, can be had with the 2.0 turbo 250hp/300tq

1 2 3 4 5 ... 32

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners