1 2 3 4
RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/16/18 6:37 a.m.
RossD said:
RossD said:

More expected until midnight!

Still snowing.

greatest snowfall Green Bay received in 130 years! 23.7" ! Probably closer to 25" when done. A couple roofs collapses.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/16/18 6:55 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

Damn... sounds like the "frozen tundra" is living up to the nick-name.  Just heavy rain here in the Philly area.  

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/16/18 7:02 a.m.

Wow RossD!!!  I can't complain here. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/16/18 7:20 a.m.

Our power was off 6 hours yesterday.  We got 4" of rain.   I see they are calling for snow in NC mountains tonight.       

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/16/18 8:04 a.m.

We got 15” of the heaviest wet concrete type snow. It was painful doing the driveway. My littlest guys school had a no snow plow contractor and they’re now scrambling to alert parents. 

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
4/16/18 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

We got over 20 inches here in the western suburbs of Minneapolis snow was drifted over 5 feet deep around my bus this morning.  It took two guys shoveling, one guy with a bobcat and chain tugging. And one guy shoveling sand under my tires.  With me driving  it still took us over an hour to get out of my parking spot. 

Luckily We came in early and I was able to run my route on time.  

An  hour later the bus right next to me was still there.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/16/18 10:07 a.m.

The 2-3 worst snow storms I've ever been in were all in April.

Saturday's autocross season opener / drift event was sunny and 81 degrees, a little high-altitude cloud cover, very breezy.

18 hours later it was 41 degrees, still breezy, and pouring rain.  Which lasted basicall all day Sunday.

It could have been the opposite.  I won't complain.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/16/18 11:08 a.m.

I’m an incurable optimist, it’s not snowing here, so I’ve got that going for me. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
4/16/18 11:49 a.m.

So saturday was gorgeous. I worked on the truck and other projects all day in 70* and sunny weather.  Saturday night the temps dropped 40 degrees and started raining. So I spent all day Sunday standing in 38* rain trying to drive a truck with no heat or blower motor hooked up. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/16/18 12:23 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

your inches of snow is almost the same as our temperature in celcius!!!  #twinzies 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
4/16/18 1:46 p.m.

I guess I will stop bitching about clear skies and just above freezing temps now.  

There's chunks of ice falling off the CN Tower in Toronto trying to deflate the Skydome, I hear.

Kylini
Kylini Dork
4/16/18 4:37 p.m.
Antihero said:
Kylini said:

I’m getting married outside today. Snowing and record lows in Iowa. The pics’ll be great!

Best of luck there!

We survived!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/16/18 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Kylini :

Congratulations! For the union and surviving laugh

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/16/18 4:58 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

yeah maple grove and the area got nailed.  On the south side of minnetonka a little less for us.. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/18 9:21 p.m.
Kylini said:
Antihero said:
Kylini said:

I’m getting married outside today. Snowing and record lows in Iowa. The pics’ll be great!

Best of luck there!

We survived!

Congratulations!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/18 4:42 a.m.

^that's awesome  ☺  congrats guys.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/17/18 5:01 a.m.

Congratulations. Now taunt other newlyweds with the fact that your wedding was hard-core and they are complete wimps.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
4/17/18 8:06 a.m.

Congrats!!!

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/17/18 11:08 a.m.

Temps for April so far have been nearly 9 F below normal.

Snow showers this afternoon.

things are looking up for next week.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
4/17/18 11:16 a.m.

Could have made it all the way from home to work on hockey skates this morning.  Probably could have made it on figure skates too, but wouldn't have looked as cool. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/18/18 12:27 a.m.

Snow and ice for tomorrow. Weeeee!!!

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
4/18/18 8:30 a.m.

for the past month, about once a week or so, we've had a solid day of 2"-6" of snow followed by a 60-70 degree day...

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/19/18 11:20 a.m.

The predicted snow didn't show up.      It would have melted anyway.     Warmer next week.   Yay.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/19/18 5:59 p.m.

Today finally felt like the end of January, but I'l believe it  when I see it.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/19/18 7:58 p.m.

I'm taking my snow tires off this weekend. I don't care, they are coming off. Normally its sometime in March when I change over.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w7DzcuzKZzH9BEuKI5VRd6bXk5kVGTGdZKklcdz2wh03KV6yytiiMle7MsX3e2uu