Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/08 6:56 a.m.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/story/snack-trucks-crash

CRUNCH! Potato chip trucks collide Published on 10/11/2008 Written by Scott Harper Two Frito Lay delivery trucks traveling in opposite directions collided on Highway 701 in northern Georgetown County Saturday morning. The accident happened at about 7:40 a.m. Saturday about a mile south of the Yauhannah Lake Bridge. S.C. Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins said the delivery truck driver who was northbound was not able to stop in time to stop for a car in his lane that was about to make a turn. In order to avoid the car, the driver swerved to the southbound lane and hit the other Frito Lay truck nearly head on. One of the trucks was totaled in the crash and the other sustained substantial front end damage. Collins said both drivers received minor head injuries. Their names were unavailable. When asked about the odds of two identical trucks from the same company headed in opposite directions colliding on a rural stretch of highway, Collins said it is very strange. “It’s not something you see every day,” he said.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
10/14/08 7:29 a.m.

wow one of my co-worker's broke his toe last year when trying to dodge a Frito Lay tuck in the parking lot of the store we work at. That is just one of meny thing we give him a hard time for.

Duke
Duke Dork
10/14/08 7:52 a.m.

Pwned!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/14/08 7:56 a.m.

I bet it was just a marketing stunt.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
10/14/08 7:56 a.m.

Is it possible to shrink that picture down a bit?

GameboyRMH
10/14/08 8:49 a.m.

Click this link and your browser should shrink it to a sensible size (or you should be able to left-click on the pic to do so):

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/1403749/IMG_0982.JPG

I still think it's a marketing stunt. "New Frito-Lays FLAVOR SMASH! We rammed our classic chips and 10 tons of flavor into each other HEAD ON! cue vid secretly taken of crash"

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/08 8:54 a.m.

Think I fixed it

integraguy
integraguy Reader
10/14/08 12:41 p.m.

Too bad both trucks were full of chips instead of one truck full of chips and the other assorted dips. (I can almost visualize Homer Simpson rushing to the scene with a six pack to wash down any and all chips...)

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
10/14/08 1:16 p.m.

Reminds me of the episode where the sugar truck fell over.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/08 1:33 p.m.

Bees are on the what now?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/14/08 2:29 p.m.

Hey, if one had been full of cheese and caught fire: NACHOS!

bludroptop
bludroptop Dork
10/14/08 2:39 p.m.

GameboyRMH
10/14/08 2:40 p.m.

^ LMAO

PHeller
PHeller Reader
10/14/08 3:12 p.m.

"ironically, both FRITO LAY drivers were wearing helmets and said "WE TOTALLY LOVE DORITOS!"

kpm
kpm New Reader
10/14/08 3:23 p.m.
Wally wrote:

and the headlights are still lit...

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/14/08 3:24 p.m.

Maybe they were trying to do a tandem Dorifto?

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
10/14/08 8:23 p.m.

An M&M Mars semi was hit by a train in town when I was a kid. We were "allowed" to pick up spilt candy bars. The shipment was apparently for the Japan market. I couldnt read the labels but the wrapers had the same look on them just "that there funny writin" Hey free candy tastes the best. (thats not meant the way it sounds)

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
10/14/08 9:38 p.m.

"you got peanut butter in my chocolate"

"you got chocolate in my peanut butter"

HiTempguy
HiTempguy New Reader
10/14/08 9:51 p.m.

DORITOS!

Edit- I have never, EVER to this day heard somebody say that besides my buddy and I. Since my buddy and I hardcore hate on ricers (which ends up straying to hating on drifters just cause), we can always be heard saying stuff like "mad tyte doritos y0" I coined the term a year ago when I was coming back through the mountains... lets just say the Jasper Lodge was NOT happy when we were doing donuts around their snowpile in front of the lobby at 2:00am in of ALL THINGS a corolla falls of chair laughing from irony!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
of3KkhDWvVwZDTauBk38coKHIGwBKxZXJ9WrEpVdcruIG3QZEE4YCf31oh8ZWpCA