1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/18 5:33 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Most car dealers should not do their own commercials.  

Actually, pretty much everyone admits this one . . . except apparently their marketing directors.  

There’s always an exception:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xPN21by6E

Will
Will UltraDork
5/1/18 6:19 p.m.
Wally said:
kazoospec said:

Actually, pretty much everyone admits this one . . . except apparently their marketing directors.  

There’s always an exception:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xPN21by6E

Long after I have forgotten my own name, I will remember that if you wanna buy a car, go see Cal.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/1/18 7:18 p.m.

Some people are in bad situations of their own making and you shouldnt waste time helping them. Its pointless

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
5/2/18 8:47 a.m.
kazoospec said:

Actually, I totally disagree.  Any company can hire a big ad firm to tell pretty lies about their company.  But when the owner of a small, local company makes his own commercial, it really stands out and sets them apart from the big, faceless corporations he competes with.  I'll give a guy like that my business every time.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/2/18 10:53 a.m.

Star Wars is a crappy movie about a whiny kid trying to bang his sister. 

The members of this board don't know E36 M3 about music

Video games are for children   

devil

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/2/18 3:10 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

Star Wars is a movie about a whiny kid trying to bang his sister. 

The members of this board don't know E36 M3 about music

devil

Now I agree with all.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
5/2/18 5:54 p.m.

"The members of this board don't know E36 M3 about music"

oh yeah Beethoven !?!?!?!!! 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/2/18 6:16 p.m.

All beer tastes a little bit gross. devil

Coffee too devildevil

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/2/18 6:24 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

devil

Hear! Hear!

Carbon
Carbon SuperDork
5/2/18 8:01 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

If you feel like you have to carry a gun everywhere you go, you aren't a patriot. You're just a coward.

You mis-spelled "apex predator".

I like to think of it as having a button that I can push that makes bad people fall down. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/2/18 8:48 p.m.
Carbon said:
AClockworkGarage said:

If you feel like you have to carry a gun everywhere you go, you aren't a patriot. You're just a coward.

You mis-spelled "apex predator".

I like to think of it as having a button that I can push that makes bad people fall down. 

That doesn't improve it.  Actually, kinda makes it a bunch worse.

And, it's patio time.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/18 8:51 p.m.

This entire page is proving my last post.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
5/3/18 8:29 p.m.

If you have a question you need answered, you can ask an internet forum, but it's a lot more effective to say it as a statement and let everyone come charging in and explain why you're wrong.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/18 9:54 a.m.

Many parents want to choke their teenaged children at least once a week.

Many people would choose a different job if they didn't have to worry about money.

The Human Resources department's job is to protect the Company's interests, not yours.

Dual Clutch transmissions are better at shifting than most people are.

Fantasy sports are as nerdy as Magic: The Gathering. 

Opinions:

IPAs have gotten out of hand with hops. They're the new hot sauce trend to show how manly you are.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a less awful with a different singer. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/18 10:09 a.m.

One more opinion:

Neegan is the best character on The Walking Dead.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
5/4/18 10:23 a.m.

The red hot chilli peppers evolved over about 20 years, made some great music then peaked with the blood sugar album and completely ran out of creativity . Previous fan, i find anything after one hot minute to be unlistenable 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/4/18 10:54 a.m.
Suprf1y said:

The red hot chilli peppers evolved over about 20 years, made some great music then peaked with the blood sugar album and completely ran out of creativity . Previous fan, i find anything after one hot minute to be unlistenable 

RHCPs made exactly 2 great albums:  Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magic.  Everything else is pretty much crap.  Both albums depended heavily on John Frusciante.  Even after he came back to the band, it was never the same again.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
5/4/18 11:16 a.m.
Duke said:
Suprf1y said:

RHCPs made exactly 2 great albums:  Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magic.  Everything else is pretty much crap.  Both albums depended heavily on John Frusciante.  Even after he came back to the band, it was never the same again.

I'll just state how strongly I disagree. That is all.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/4/18 12:29 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Many parents want to choke their teenaged children at least once a week.

Many people would choose a different job if they didn't have to worry about money.

The Human Resources department's job is to protect the Company's interests, not yours.

Dual Clutch transmissions are better at shifting than most people are.

Fantasy sports are as nerdy as Magic: The Gathering. 

Opinions:

IPAs have gotten out of hand with hops. They're the new hot sauce trend to show how manly you are.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a less awful with a different singer. 

I agree with all, but caveat.  Dual clutch trans might shift better, but three pedals are more fun.

And OMG YES!  IPA is short for India Pale Ale, which needed to have way, way too much hops to keep it from rotting in the heat.  I am confident all the Brits on the sub continent desperately wished they could get real beer when that was all they had available.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/4/18 12:36 p.m.

I have one!

This thread sucks.

This has just been used as a way to mask one's opinion's as facts

Sort of like mine above.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
5/5/18 6:34 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

This work week has put me in a "Let the bodies hit the floor" kind of mood. 

Both "Let the bodies hit the floor" and "It's Raining Men" are about the same event, just from two different perspectives.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
5/5/18 6:49 a.m.

If it's reliable "except for..." then it's not reliable.

Most uncorked LS engines sound loud but not good.

We can trace the state of current new car trends back to the Caliber SRT-4.

Every second or third goth kid (or former goth kid) is from a catholic family.

People who are "born again Christians" probably did some extremely questionable E36 M3 when they were younger.

You know how white people sometimes have a hard time differentiating between members of a visible minority group? Unsurprisingly enough, it goes both ways.

The Whopper is better than the Big Mac.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
5/5/18 8:03 a.m.
Casual Six said:

You know how white people sometimes have a hard time differentiating between members of a visible minority group? Unsurprisingly enough, it goes both ways.

There's a section of the brain responsible for face recognition and in some people it doesn't work very well so they don't easily recognize people of their own race either. Then there's a condition called prosopagnosia wherein people can't recognize any faces, even their own. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/5/18 8:15 a.m.

Cigarette smokers are discriminated against and treated as second class citizens. But society is ok with it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/18 9:27 p.m.

If cigarette smoke didn’t stink up the entire surrounding area, that wouldn’t happen. Make a cigarette that I don’t have to smoke along with you, and that I can’t still smell on my clothes and hair an hour after I left, and I won’t give a berk where you smoke. 

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o6iMBASDYw6yUOYivIp2yUmv4TMMccQEhwgyD835ATq8z38qvTIpbQFJ2JQ98E2g