1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/5/18 10:17 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Cigarette smokers are discriminated against and treated as second class citizens. But society is ok with it.

“Smokers” aren’t discriminated against. Smoking is. Stinking is. Injuring yourself through self destructive behavior is. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/18 10:19 p.m.

No matter what your job is every person you deal with will know how to do it better that you. 

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/5/18 11:28 p.m.

Carbon dating isn’t terribly accurate and gobs of what we’ve been taught about the age of ancient things  is based on carbon dating’s results. It’s frankly more theory than fact.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/6/18 3:30 a.m.
Duke said:

If cigarette smoke didn’t stink up the entire surrounding area, that wouldn’t happen. Make a cigarette that I don’t have to smoke along with you, and that I can’t still smell on my clothes and hair an hour after I left, and I won’t give a berk where you smoke. 

Seriously, this.

The only people oblivious to the stench of cigarettes are the people smoking them, trust us.....if you could smell it you would understand

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/6/18 3:31 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Many parents want to choke their teenaged children at least once a week.

Many people would choose a different job if they didn't have to worry about money.

The Human Resources department's job is to protect the Company's interests, not yours.

Dual Clutch transmissions are better at shifting than most people are.

Fantasy sports are as nerdy as Magic: The Gathering. 

Opinions:

IPAs have gotten out of hand with hops. They're the new hot sauce trend to show how manly you are.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a less awful with a different singer. 

Agreed on IPAs

IPAs taste like people who hate beer think it should taste, bitter and fairly one dimensional. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
5/6/18 8:05 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Cigarette smokers are discriminated against and treated as second class citizens. But society is ok with it.

When a large enough group of people don't like something that's what happens. The reasons given so far are only people's justifications for the discrimination. Cigarettes always smelled like that but there was a time when you could smoke everywhere and it wasn't questioned. Public policy has made smoking less popular than not and smokers second class citizens. 

Where I live it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of age. Unless you're under 18 or over 65. With so many people now working past 65 and losing their benefits I expect that will change sooner than later. It's a numbers game

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
5/6/18 8:15 a.m.

I love beer and I love hops and I am a bit weary of IPA's....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
5/6/18 8:41 a.m.

I grew up drinking IPA in England. When I moved here in 94 the whole micro brew scene was just starting and there were some awesome IPA’s. Now this stupid race to the bottom to see who can cram in the most hopes is ruining IPA. Regular Pale ale tastes more like an IPA from the turn of the century. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/6/18 8:55 a.m.

In reply to Suprf1y :

“It wasn’t questioned?” Sure it was. It always stank and it was always a problem and people always complained. We just finally realized - hey - we can do something about this. Same with any other social issue it takes time to apply pressure and then something gets done.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/18 9:26 a.m.

There was a time you’d be able to have a beer or two with lunch and then get back on the bus.  Things change. 

DejaVue
DejaVue New Reader
5/6/18 10:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

A similar one is:

Private businesses that allow and even cater to smoking are discriminated against. In a free country, people who don't like smoking are free to not frequent those private businesses.  But some people then use the government's monopoly on force to ban smoking at those private businesses even if the private business is named "Tobacco Smoke Shop" with a sign outside that says "We love smoking." No non-smoker would go into such a place whether smoking there is banned or not.

And no, I don't smoke, and think it's a terrible habit.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/18 11:05 p.m.

There are a lot of things I'm banned from doing. I'm a diabetic. I cannot get a CDL and drive a dump truck. Its hard to quit smoking? Sure. Know whats harder? Diabetes. Unlike smoking, I did not make a choice to get diabetes, nor can I choose to quit diabetes. You know what I did? I hardened the berk up and got a different job.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/18 11:49 a.m.

Oreos are not an acceptable substitute for actual cookies.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/15/18 12:49 p.m.

Hey, this is still open?  Awesome, I thought it got locked.  So I will post my latest contribution:

Tim Burton movies suck.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/15/18 1:01 p.m.

The dog didn't fart. It was your mother/wife/daughter.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/18 1:07 p.m.
Woody said:

Agreed. Oreos are trash cookies. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/15/18 1:09 p.m.
Woody said:

Similarly, cookies are not a substitute for Oreos. They're completely different items in my mind--like a 4 wheeler and a 4Runner.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/15/18 1:14 p.m.

Nobody needs awd in their DD.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/15/18 1:19 p.m.
NOHOME said:

I live in Saskatchewan.  I may not NEED awd, but I sure do appreciate it for about four months of the year.

Now, for a thing everybody knows but doesn't say- The prairie provinces of Canada have almost nothing in common with the rest of the country, other than a widespread disrespect of Toronto. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/18 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

the world could use a good bit more harden the berkeley up.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/15/18 5:06 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

Star Wars is a crappy movie about a whiny kid trying to bang his sister. 

The members of this board don't know E36 M3 about music

Video games are for children   

devil

Joe is the second GRM staffer to get his period.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/18 5:21 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
NOHOME said:

I live in Saskatchewan.  I may not NEED awd, but I sure do appreciate it for about four months of the year.

Now, for a thing everybody knows but doesn't say- The prairie provinces of Canada have almost nothing in common with the rest of the country, other than a widespread disrespect of Toronto. 

The prairies are the DMZ between Ontario and Alberta.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/15/18 5:59 p.m.

Your super loud, high flow, low restriction ‘race exhaust’ doesn’t sound awesome on your street car. It actually sounds like E36 M3 and isn’t giving you anything like the performance gain you pretend it does. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/18 6:28 p.m.
Duke said:

Your super loud, high flow, low restriction ‘race exhaust’ doesn’t sound awesome on your street car. It actually sounds like E36 M3 and isn’t giving you anything like the performance gain you pretend it does. 

Case in point.  The owner isn’t “edgy” they’re just childish.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/18 6:50 p.m.

We all know it's faux pas to re-open a dead thread, yet here we are. 

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q3A9VzF4oslmnGMd916fbMqYSoci3qgMl6yJkq1M4w86WKw3WMwiNGGWY1ZQVEue