1 ... 3 4 5 6
ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/12 5:01 p.m.

That's just awful... So very sorry for his family.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/12 6:41 p.m.

I don't think an obit has been posted yet, based on what Scott's business partner said. He said he would be in touch with the family and see what their wishes were, and for me to call him back tomorrow for further details. My understanding is that Scott is still on his way back to Rochester from (I believe) a hospital near JFK airport.
I will certainly report anything I find out as soon as possible.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/18/12 8:30 p.m.

That's terrible, I'm in for whatever you guys decide.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
4/18/12 8:43 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Sorry, I don't have any other details. I received a call yesterday from the law firm he worked for to let me know my case was going to be reassigned due to his death. I don't have a way to contact the family directly.

Holy (expletive deleted). I just remembered that he pretty much reluctantly, but dang near immediately offered to represent you after your accident. "Equal opportunity addiction", indeed.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/got-screwed-today/45414/page3/

I'll bet the only reason he waited that long was because so many of us told lawyer jokes. Scott was the real deal, regardless of what he did for a living. I wish he'd lasted long enough to get the damn M3 sorted, he sounded like he was really stoked about it.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
4/18/12 10:10 p.m.

Stunned.

I have a good friend who, along with being a good machinist, fabricator, gunsmith, cyclist, and really good at racing motorcycles, karts and cars, happens to be a hot shoe cardiologist. He's got both the racer perspective and the physician perspective on life, both it's value and fleeting nature.

As he says: "Eat desert first"

42 is way the berkeley too young to not get any more laps.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/19/12 7:42 a.m.

The Zeroes are in for flowers, donation or whatever . . .

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
4/19/12 8:06 a.m.

Wow. Geez. I feel like anything I could say would be totally inadequate. My sincerest condolences to the family.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/19/12 9:47 a.m.

I just. I don't even know what to say. :(

In for memorium.

Godspeed, Scott, you'll be missed.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/12 10:12 a.m.

Died young AND had a family...that's awful

RIP Scott

midknight
midknight Reader
4/19/12 11:03 a.m.

Also in for a memorium. Thanks for keeping us posted ECM.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/19/12 11:27 a.m.

Yes, thanks Boost and ECM...please keep us in the loop where a memorial donation is involved. We'd all like to let his fam know he was much admired among our crowd

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/19/12 1:31 p.m.

This is sad news. Please give my best wishes to his family.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/19/12 1:40 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Yes, thanks Boost and ECM...please keep us in the loop where a memorial donation is involved. We'd all like to let his fam know he was much admired among our crowd

+1

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/19/12 1:42 p.m.

Sad times. He will be missed.

EastCoastMojo
4/19/12 1:51 p.m.

I left a message and I am awaiting a call back with regards to the family's wishes.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/19/12 1:53 p.m.

Thanks for all your work, Mojo.

EastCoastMojo
4/19/12 1:55 p.m.

Thanks for your patience. I am still in a bit of shock over this myself.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/19/12 2:42 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: We'd all like to let his fam know he was much admired among our crowd

+1. In a time like this it's nice for the family to hear how much the loved one meant to others, especially if those "others" are strangers to the family.

EastCoastMojo
4/19/12 2:53 p.m.

I just got a call back from Scott's business partner and it sounds like they are setting up an Education Fund for Scott's two children, ages 12 & 14. Information on that is hopefully to come very shortly.

The obit will probably be posted tomorrow in the Buffalo News and possibly the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Services are this weekend and the funeral will be Monday.

In the meantime, anyone wanting to send a card with their personal regards is encouraged to send it to the attention of Steve Barnes, 16 West Main St., 6th floor, Rochester, NY, 14614.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/19/12 3:04 p.m.

Thanks ECM!

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/19/12 4:26 p.m.

Thanks EastCoast.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
4/19/12 4:30 p.m.

This is a damn shame. He came off as a really genuine, good guy. I can't imagine how this must be for his kids.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/19/12 4:43 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I just got a call back from Scott's business partner and it sounds like they are setting up an Education Fund for Scott's two children, ages 12 & 14. Information on that is hopefully to come very shortly. The obit will probably be posted tomorrow in the Buffalo News and possibly the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Services are this weekend and the funeral will be Monday. In the meantime, anyone wanting to send a card with their personal regards is encouraged to send it to the attention of Steve Barnes, 16 West Main St., 6th floor, Rochester, NY, 14614.

Perhaps include a print out of and/or a link to this thread.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/12 5:00 p.m.

Thanks for relaying the info.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/12 7:38 p.m.

Wow. Simply wow.

This mortality thing sure is a bitch.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners