novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
2/9/14 8:14 p.m.

..and he makes a really eloquent proposal to his city council:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhsuB6xMR8

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/14 9:07 p.m.

I generally stay away from political threads here.. but that was brilliant.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
2/9/14 9:20 p.m.

I like this one:

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
2/9/14 11:08 p.m.

This makes me really really really disappointed that I didn't show up for the nearby city ordinance meeting on the ban of all non-hands-free communication devices.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
2/9/14 11:28 p.m.

He forgot skateboards, bicycles, video games, movies rated higher than G, soda in volumes exceeding 8oz, exposure to direct sunlight, etc.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
2/10/14 8:16 a.m.

I found meeting minutes, curious if its either of these guys;

Bruce Cook/5128 Beagle Road, White City/Spoke regarding his position on gun control. He did not believe there was a problem in Ashland. The City did not have the authority to ban firearms, only to ban loaded firearms for those without proper permits and licenses. He continued to cite the law regarding the City’s authority to ban or regulate firearms.

Bill Skillman/635 Oak Knoll Drive/Expressed his concern regarding the possibility of Ashland being a gun free zone. He was a strong Second Amendment advocate and would not give up that right to anyone, anytime, ever. Sheriff Departments across the country were speaking in support of concealed carry. The majority of people carrying concealed weapons were not the problem. He questioned the benefit of having a list of individuals with licenses to carry concealed weapons. He categorized guns as safety equipment and provided examples. He hoped he never had to use his gun but if he did, there was no substitute for it. He opposed Ashland becoming a no gun zone. He would debate with anyone whether it was a good idea or not.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/10/14 8:17 a.m.

I'm usually disappointed by anything with a subject like this but still I can't resist clicking. For once... I'm not disappointed. That was really good.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/10/14 8:54 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'm usually disappointed by anything with a subject like this but still I can't resist clicking. For once... I'm not disappointed. That was really good.

That.

I wish I was as well spoken as the speaker in the video.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/10/14 9:13 a.m.

First, I love the way that guy looks. Second, he is my hero. He obviously put a lot of effort into taking a silly "knee jerk" ordinance and making a hugely valid point through satire.

I also loved the people with no sense of humor commenting on Youtube. He meant it to be funny, but also to make a serious point. Calm down you silly internet people.

mad_machine
2/10/14 1:11 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: This makes me really really really disappointed that I didn't show up for the nearby city ordinance meeting on the ban of all non-hands-free communication devices.

wait what? I do not see anything about driving in that... so they banned -all- non-hands free communications devices?

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
2/10/14 1:33 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
tuna55 wrote: This makes me really really really disappointed that I didn't show up for the nearby city ordinance meeting on the ban of all non-hands-free communication devices.
wait what? I do not see anything about driving in that... so they banned -all- non-hands free communications devices?

I wish I had this approach to doing the same type of thing at my city ordinance meeting. Does that sounds better? It was a bit confusing, and yeah, I meant to mention that it was while driving.

mad_machine
2/11/14 4:24 p.m.

shame.. sounds funnier if they had been stupid enough to ban all non-hands free communications devices

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/11/14 10:06 p.m.

Elegantly put.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/11/14 10:15 p.m.

handle bar mustache and ascot.. Might he be wearing skinny jeans?

Sultan
Sultan Dork
2/11/14 10:33 p.m.

That guy is a pile of awesomesauce!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EWSzB64ZGFsEPXgV7XjVFT0HQkf2spfF1GJ2iiKpU3918qs1Ori8KAQud1EnbImx