On episode 3 

hating this Carole woman angry

I wanna be like docheart

also the van Don Lewis drives, I picture all

SE GRM members to be driving that exact vehicle devil

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/29/20 7:55 a.m.

I understand gay marriage, but Florida OKs polygamy?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/29/20 8:41 a.m.
914Driver said:

I understand gay marriage, but Florida OKs polygamy?

Tiger king is in Oklahoma. Idk where doc is, and I doubt any of it is very legal. Probably a civil ceremony for ratings. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/29/20 11:25 a.m.

I looked it up cause I was curious. Oklahoma legalized gay marriage in late 2014.  Joe met Travis in 2013 and the marriage happened about a month later.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/29/20 12:30 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Idk where doc is

Doc is in myrtle beach 

Ending is sad.

Wish carol was in prison . 

Joe should be member of NAMBLA

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 10:55 a.m.

I burned through this whole 7 part series this past weekend. 

Crazy

In summary, all the main players get addicted to the control and manipulation. Sure, it may start with the animals put this then extends to every part of their lives. 

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
3/30/20 11:10 a.m.

I ran through it all this weekend  too. I had heard about bits and pieces over the years on the local news, such as the arm amputation and the Governors race, but had no idea... Still, I can equate all of those characters to people I have come across here. Having two old house cats, I'm pretty sure I can live the rest of my life without ever having a tiger.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/30/20 11:13 a.m.

The Dancer and I binged through it last week- absolutely berking crazy stuff. We'd seen John Oliver's mention of Joe's campaign ad but had forgotten all about it. The Dancer actually remembers Joe's traveling show coming to the mall near where she grew up in WI when she was younger- she remembers wanting to get a picture with a tiger cub but her parents not wanting to pay how much it cost. 

We came out of it loathing pretty much everyone involved (at least those actively involved, the few like the girl who had gotten out of it we were sympathetic to). Frankly it seems like all of them should be in prison for one thing or another (likely many things) and all of their ill-gotten money taken and used to buy land to put the animals back into their natural habitat.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/30/20 11:19 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

There is this mixture of Private zoo ran by a gay meth addict with a frosted mullet powered by the nra and E36 M3ty country music that you can't stop consuming. 

I don't know anything about this topic except that people are talking about it.

I plan to work very hard to keep it that way.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/30/20 11:33 a.m.

We made it through 4 episodes, that was enough.  SWMBO now gets Tiger King updates and offers on her phone.   Hmmmmmm...

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
3/30/20 11:35 a.m.

Why did they not play this music whenever they showed Carole riding her bicycle? 

(sorry, I can't figure out how to embed from my phone) 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 11:39 a.m.
914Driver said:

We made it through 4 episodes, that was enough.  

I will agree that without the need to isolate, I wouldn't have watched it all.

This show will greatly benefit from the stay at home orders 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/20 11:41 a.m.
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

There is this mixture of Private zoo ran by a gay meth addict with a frosted mullet powered by the nra and E36 M3ty country music that you can't stop consuming. 

I'm with you. I've found all of these "wide reaching, must see" shows are hot garbage. 

"You gotta see it, you gotta see what a dumpster fire these people are" 

Unless they're actually IN a dumpster that's on fire, I don't need to see it. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 11:43 a.m.
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Duke, I cannot recommend this show enough. It is definitely a trainwreck that you can't stop watching, but it is also a well produced documentary and really excellent entertainment. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 11:44 a.m.
RevRico said:
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I'm with you. I've found all of these "wide reaching, must see" shows are hot garbage. 

"You gotta see it, you gotta see what a dumpster fire these people are" 

Unless they're actually IN a dumpster that's on fire, I don't need to see it. 

Well, there have been shots of them in a dumpster, and at least one shot of someone on fire... although not at the same time, but I still have 3 episodes left.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/30/20 12:02 p.m.

Now they're saying Carole was sitting next to Britney Spears at the vmas one year, and she used doc antles tiger in a performance. E36 M3 gets weirder and weirder. Local connection- turns out my boss lady has been to the drug dealers reserve, has pics with his critters and all that ish. Homestead is a weird place. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/20 12:20 p.m.

I couldn't make it through the trailer without shaking my head in disgust and turning it off. Y'all will have to tell me how it ends. 

Actually, don't. I really could not care less.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/30/20 12:40 p.m.
mtn said:
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Duke, I cannot recommend this show enough. It is definitely a trainwreck that you can't stop watching, but it is also a well produced documentary and really excellent entertainment. 

I have to deal with the fallout from over-sensationalized, under-intelligenced pop culture every day.  NO BERKING WAY I'm going to actively look for ways to add more of it to my life, even if it is just television.

Reality TV will go down in history as the greatest setback to human civilization since the intentional burning of the Library of Alexandria.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/30/20 1:42 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I have to deal with the fallout from over-sensationalized, under-intelligenced pop culture every day.  NO BERKING WAY I'm going to actively look for ways to add more of it to my life, even if it is just television.

Reality TV will go down in history as the greatest setback to human civilization since the intentional burning of the Library of Alexandria.

I think social media is far worse than reality TV. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/30/20 1:58 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Duke said:
mtn said:
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

And yet - here you are. cheeky

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/30/20 1:59 p.m.
Duke said:

I do not disagree, but this is not reality TV. It is a documentary. There is a massive difference. Note, though, that I haven't seen it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 2:09 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Though, a lot of it is a documentary about making a Reality TV show.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/30/20 2:22 p.m.
Ian F said:
z31maniac said:
Duke said:
mtn said:
Duke said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:

And yet - here you are. cheeky

Yeah, I guess technically this is. But I've never really thought of car forums as social media. It's a small, dedicated, knowledgable group of people sharing information.

Not like Facebook/IG/Twitter where you have people screaming into the void about all kinds of different things they are obviously uneducated on. 

For example, I finally unfriended this person. Constantly screaming about who we should all vote for, and love conquers all, etc. A 39-year old man who didn't know the difference between the debt and the deficit trying to lecture me on politics? EL OH EL!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 2:26 p.m.

I have a question for those that watched...

This husband of Carole who "disappeared"; it was said he was worth millions. What line of business was he in?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 2:26 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to dculberson :

Though, a lot of it is a documentary about making a Reality TV show.  

Yeah, I was going to make a post about it being a documentary, but it does play like a reality tv show. That being said, think I can count the number of reality show episodes I've sat through on one hand, and other than Duck Dynasty (which I haven't seen in years), I enjoyed none of them. I really have been enjoying this. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vAaqljZDi5YYtluHwSTVWanPLRNzqacRc2GoT1ppQtFMfWAPEWWypCZ4g4WGYvPR