1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 106
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/28/20 9:14 p.m.

TIL 2008 Ford Edges with the 3.5 V6 DOHC 24v have a history of exploding the engine with no warning. Luckily, it wasn't mine.  Grandson is now using the " shoe leather express". sad

oldopelguy (Forum Supporter)
oldopelguy (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/28/20 9:43 p.m.

TIL that the sister-in-law that my inlaws spent the first part of their Covid adventure with before they came to our place just tested positive for Covid antibodies.  Guess we are all getting tested. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
5/28/20 9:44 p.m.

TIL if you cut up a tire with a death wheel, the rubber you get all over your hands won't even come off with lava and dawn.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
5/29/20 11:29 a.m.
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) said:

TIL 2008 Ford Edges with the 3.5 V6 DOHC 24v have a history of exploding the engine with no warning. Luckily, it wasn't mine.  Grandson is now using the " shoe leather express". sad

The 3.7 engines do the same thing due to a E36 M3ty water pump design.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
5/30/20 1:40 p.m.

TIL that Jeff Dunham owns a Brubaker Box.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
5/30/20 7:11 p.m.

And...

TIL that, in spite of everything I know about Social Distancing, I’m still willing to accept an envelope full of $100 bills to offload something on Craigslist. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/31/20 1:33 p.m.

TIL why is costs $50 to get my dog's hair cut at the groomers.  Today we decided he had looked like Chewy for long enough and had to be cut.  This realization was encouraged by the phone message at the groomers which was basically, "Don't call us, we'll call you."  It's the first time I've cut my dog myself in probably a decade.  The "haircut" part went OK, but this is an actual picture of me getting ready to cut his nails: 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/31/20 6:01 p.m.

TI(also)L - the winner at Bristol gets a gladiator's sword.  

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/31/20 9:56 p.m.

TIL that Smyth Kit Cars (the people that make the Jetta Ute kit) are developing a ute kit for the WK Jeep Cherokee. There is a massive supply of crappy WKs on Craigslist. https://www.smythkitcars.com/jeep-ute

Me likey surprise

6/1/20 10:47 a.m.

Oh, I do like the Jeep Ute.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/1/20 12:42 p.m.

TIL that just because Publix sells 32oz of hot soup doesn't mean I should eat 32oz of hot soup for lunch.  16oz next time.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/6/20 3:10 p.m.

TIL that there's a FB page specifically to ridicule owners of Kia and Hyundai cars (and you won't be disappointed)

Why Are Hyundai & Kia Owners Like This?

CAinCA
CAinCA Reader
6/6/20 8:34 p.m.
kazoospec said:

TIL why is costs $50 to get my dog's hair cut at the groomers.  Today we decided he had looked like Chewy for long enough and had to be cut.  This realization was encouraged by the phone message at the groomers which was basically, "Don't call us, we'll call you."  It's the first time I've cut my dog myself in probably a decade.  The "haircut" part went OK, but this is an actual picture of me getting ready to cut his nails: 

The secret is go have a helper give them applesauce on a spoon while you clip their nails. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/6/20 8:42 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

The real issue is he has black nails, so you can't tell where the "dead" portion ends and the "live" portion begins.  

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
6/6/20 9:23 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

There is this thing call a rotary nail trimmer for pet nails. Basically a battery powered rotary file. Works great. Used one for years on our toy poodle. Groomer didn't always trim the nails. No worries about the "live" portion, just file down to appropriate length.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
6/6/20 9:31 p.m.

TIL (again) that the true friend filter includes who helps with hard projects around your house, not expecting pay.  Makes it easy to appreciate them and pay them more than they think they're worth.  Helps socially awkward people like me show that appreciation too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/7/20 5:00 a.m.

Have you seen their Charger Ute kit?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/20 11:59 a.m.

TIL that John Astin played The Riddler in 2 episodes of Batman, instead of Frank Gorshin. 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/7/20 1:24 p.m.

TIL about Aztec death whistles.

And that files exist to 3d print one.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/7/20 4:15 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I've seen them. We're big fans of that show.

There's a guy at the gym we go to that looks just like John Astin. We refer to him as Gomez

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Just saw them today, which led me to that knowledge. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/7/20 4:20 p.m.

TIL that I can read a warning like this and say out loud "Berk you!  I bought this just so I could spray bleach!"  And then I proceeded to fill it with bleach and spray it. 

6/7/20 9:55 p.m.

TIL that Torqeedo, a company that I associated with manufacturing little tiny electric motors for kayaks, actually makes electric propulsion systems fo much larger boats as well. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/7/20 10:19 p.m.

TIL that Greenfield kickstands are made on Long Island. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/8/20 5:37 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

And they are wicked cool. Always thought that would be a great option for a light 22' class sailboat. Silent and efficient. 

1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 106
Our Preferred Partners
7ArqW9b9LppA0O6vUzB4s9zpAWJs6BirqlSmmuV2sAsjgoCOVFzEkp1oq3L2VxC5