1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 213
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/23/20 2:07 p.m.

TIL that I really don't like Jelly Belly candy corn. Yeah, I know- many people can't stand them in general, but I rather like candy corn and Mellowcreme candy (like the pumpkins that are around over Thanksgiving)- but the Jelly Belly kind just taste... wrong in some way. Too much honey? Too sweet (yeah, a few people who know me well would laugh a lot at that...). Unfortunately they're the only kind around outside of the last quarter of the year...

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/20 3:11 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

TIL that I really don't like Jelly Belly candy corn. Yeah, I know- many people can't stand them in general, but I rather like candy corn and Mellowcreme candy (like the pumpkins that are around over Thanksgiving)- but the Jelly Belly kind just taste... wrong in some way. Too much honey? Too sweet (yeah, a few people who know me well would laugh a lot at that...). Unfortunately they're the only kind around outside of the last quarter of the year...

Well, you do have a Delorean, so your taste is already semi-questionable ;)

On the subject, I love Jelly Belly's stuff.  Except, I discovered recently, their "organic" jelly beans.  My wife bought them at their factory store when we visited and they are just weird.  The texture is all wrong and the flavor is underwhelming.

So yeah, they have their core product pretty well nailed, but they have the occasional miss.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/20 4:31 p.m.

TIL that Fujita Engineering built an NC with a 13B. Because of course they would. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/23/20 6:15 p.m.

TIL that my small Ikea kitchen arrived in 61 boxes, several plastic bags of hardware, and some "rails" By the time this is over, I expect my yearning to tinker, build something, or piddle around, will have been sated for a bit.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/20 12:48 p.m.

TIL that Ashyukun has a DeLorean.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/24/20 1:26 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Eh, I also have a ragtop E46, so hopefully my tastes aren't that questionable. I generally like Jelly Belly's stuff as well, but the candy corns were just wrong

Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Yes, technically. I say 'technically' because despite the fact that I can look out the window next to me and look at it, it hasn't moved from where it is sitting alongside the hot tub in the back yard for over a year and a half. With some modest luck though in a few weeks both the QX4 and 330Ci will be back together and the garage cleaned out a bit so I can finally get the DMC moved into the garage and start to work on its issues.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/24/20 1:31 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Eh, I also have a ragtop E46, so hopefully my tastes aren't that questionable. I generally like Jelly Belly's stuff as well, but the candy corns were just wrong

Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Yes, technically. I say 'technically' because despite the fact that I can look out the window next to me and look at it, it hasn't moved from where it is sitting alongside the hot tub in the back yard for over a year and a half. With some modest luck though in a few weeks both the QX4 and 330Ci will be back together and the garage cleaned out a bit so I can finally get the DMC moved into the garage and start to work on its issues.

You used to have a turbocharged Rampage and I wouldn't kick a Delorean out of the garage either.  So think of it more as a back-handed compliment :)

My 924 hasn't moved in 6 years, so you're doing just fine.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/20 1:37 p.m.

... that the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit is so named because it was originally populated primarily by Irish immigrants, many of them from county Cork.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/24/20 2:24 p.m.

Have I ever mentioned that there is a sweet Delorean in town with an LS and some sort of Subaru transaxle?

Just sayin'.

Now, off to the minor confession thread to admit to giving people bad ideas to lay awake at night contemplating.devil

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/25/20 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I've seen an LS-powered DMC-12 a few times, a kid (relatively speaking) up in Ohio did the swap as his final Mechanical Engineering project in college, and I saw it both at the Ohio DMC meet-up where he first unveiled it and at the DeLorean Car Show in Orlando later that year. Sounded impressive for sure- but his I'm 90% sure just used the original transaxle with some strength improvements (the same ones I've got the parts for when I swap in either a Renesis or L67 3800 to mine).

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/20 1:15 p.m.

Today I learned the first vacuum cleaner was gasoline powered

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/25/20 1:21 p.m.

TIL that penis shaped tire valve caps are a thing.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/25/20 1:50 p.m.

TIL that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough KitKats are available in Canada.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
6/25/20 2:29 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Fun fact, the reason it looks like so many Irish immigrants came from County Cork is because that's where their ships departed from.  US Immigration officials would see this and put "Cork" on their entry documents.   Or so I've been told by my son who's been taking advantage of his school's subscription to Ancestry during quarantine.  laugh

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
6/25/20 2:51 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

I've seen an LS-powered DMC-12 a few times, a kid (relatively speaking) up in Ohio did the swap as his final Mechanical Engineering project in college, and I saw it both at the Ohio DMC meet-up where he first unveiled it and at the DeLorean Car Show in Orlando later that year. Sounded impressive for sure- but his I'm 90% sure just used the original transaxle with some strength improvements (the same ones I've got the parts for when I swap in either a Renesis or L67 3800 to mine).

Delorean Renesis. I have to sit down now. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
6/25/20 3:12 p.m.
barefootskater said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/25/20 4:47 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
barefootskater said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

I do quite love that build... unfortunately 20B's are pretty hard to come by since they've not been made for 25 years (and the car they powered wasn't that high-production), and I don't imagine that the 911 Carrera 2 transaxle they used would be particularly easy to come by either (though I would love to put an LSD in the existing transaxle).

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/25/20 5:25 p.m.

This.  I'm probably one of the few people that like Necco Wafers.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/25/20 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Til necco wafers were discontinued. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/26/20 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

TIL that some human beings actually like NECCO wafers.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/26/20 9:29 a.m.

I like them, too, except for the cocoa/chocolate ones.  I hear they changed the flavor of them, though, so I’ll have to give them a shot.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/20 11:42 a.m.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/27/20 8:46 p.m.

You and me apparently. I was so sad when I found out they were going to be discontinued. My daughter bought me a couple of the large rolls before they disappeared. Not only are they tasty, they make for great plinking with a BB gun, pellet gun or .22 because nothing to clean up.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/27/20 9:38 p.m.

Strava is a pretty effective lap timer on track . . .

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/28/20 7:47 a.m.
Mndsm said:

Til necco wafers were discontinued. 

They stopped making them in 1958.  Everything you've seen in the candy/gum aisle is old stock.

That's why they taste like flavorless Tums.

1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9lS33RvnsOVjUEbE4V8gTqDVwWg89hVwfbKSya2CXuQlSOha4mTzaziQfak0PO1d