1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 213
G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
11/13/17 12:42 a.m.

TIL that just because something says it's off doesn't always actually mean it's off.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/17 12:41 p.m.

Today I Learned that when you buy a set of used snow tires on winter wheels from a PCA Parade Concours winner, you don't have to put wax on the inside of the wheels because there is already wax on the inside of the wheels.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/13/17 12:49 p.m.

Today i learned that the regional manager does not know the real meaning of "gang bang "

I also learned that i have a good poker face 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/13/17 1:25 p.m.

Today I learned Duster is up to something with his Regional Manager.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/13/17 1:43 p.m.

This reminds me of the other day when one of the sales managers at another store, during the course of a speech the store manager was giving us, said "oh so you're a pitcher not a catcher". All of us in the room started laughing except for the store manager that didn't get it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/13/17 1:50 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

She was using gang bang as a synonym for tag team. Example " call a coworker to gang bang the rehouse"

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/13/17 1:54 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

It sort of works, I thought that implied more than 2 were involved though...

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/16/17 2:49 p.m.

TIL that if you take a skinny cinnamon stick, break it in half, and put it in the pile of pretzel sticks, someone will eat it. We had a good laugh. Also cinnamon sticks are pretty tough and now I'm glad we didn't learn that the unsuspecting coworker didn't have any preexisting dental conditions.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/16/17 4:19 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Hahahahhahhaaha. Totally stealing that.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
11/16/17 4:31 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

A one serving bag of Skittles in the 3lb bowl of M&M's also wrecks peoples world.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
11/16/17 4:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to 914Driver :

She was using gang bang as a synonym for tag team. Example " call a coworker to gang bang the rehouse"

To be fair that was a pretty common turn of phrase when I worked as a mechanic, eg: "Come on, we'll gang bang this engine change and be done for the day."  Now not actually knowing the meaning would probably make me giggle.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/17 4:47 p.m.

We use the phrase "tag team", which is kind of the opposite of the intended meaning, but the same double entendre...

Knurled.
11/16/17 6:52 p.m.
RossD said:

TIL that if you take a skinny cinnamon stick, break it in half, and put it in the pile of pretzel sticks, someone will eat it. We had a good laugh. Also cinnamon sticks are pretty tough and now I'm glad we didn't learn that the unsuspecting coworker didn't have any preexisting dental conditions.

That reminds me of the prank I pulled on my mom.  I noted at the age of nine or so that you could squish white bread down and it stayed squished into a thick patty, that looked almost the same as some soap balls my mom had made as a failed experiment in trying to turn old soap-bar slivers into liquid soap, around that same time.

We used to play cards across the coffee table in the living room, and I made sure that the soap balls were on the coffee table.  Well, two of them.  The third one was half a loaf of white bread that I has carefully de-crusted and squished and mooshed and molded so that it looked exactly like one of the soap balls to the unsuspecting eye.

So, about five hands in to a game of rummy, I "absentmindedly" grab a "soap ball" and start eating it.

The look of horror on her face was absolutely priceless.  Absolutely.  Priceless.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/16/17 9:39 p.m.

Today I learned that I shouldn't always dismiss the organic produce aisle in the grocery store as over priced and stupid.  Organic mushrooms were half the price of regular, and avocados about 60%.  And they didn't even look organic- no bug holes, no rot...

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/17/17 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I only purchase inorganic fruit. It's called salt.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/17/17 9:10 a.m.

Today i learned that every man has a limit. I apparently reached mine. A week ago. And was too busy and stubborn to notic. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/17/17 2:51 p.m.

Today I learned a new term: blood dust. 

I wish I had not learned it. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/17/17 4:37 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

Random... Now I wish I hadn't learned about it either

Thanks for that.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/17/17 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

At least you didn’t learn what it smelled like. Yuck. I hope I never have to go to another meat processing plant ever again. Ever ever ever. 

Knurled.
11/17/17 8:46 p.m.

TIL that I accidentally bought an RX-3.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/17 9:12 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Oops! Make rotaries great again... laugh

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/17/17 9:47 p.m.

TIL that when I wear camo, I look like a fat Travis Bickle.

No, i don't have a mohawk, that's just my hair line, dammit!

And there will be no pictures, thank you.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/17 10:00 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Also a first world problem. Way cool!!!!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/17/17 10:02 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Just stay away from Jodie foster and you'll be okay!

i did cut my hair into a Mohawk on a lark (going from long to short hair, going for shock value, it sure worked!) and unfortunately learned that my neighbors son had been shot and killed by a man with a Mohawk. I knew about the murder but not the Mohawk. :( I apologized but I think he was just reminiscing and didn't seem to hold it against me. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/17 10:18 p.m.

TIL that a coworker has some concept of what I did in the military.  He worked in a different branch of the service in a related job.  He's the second person I've met in the 25+ years since I became a civilian that had any clue when I said what my job was.  The other person was a manufacturer's rep that I probably had technical discussions with who happens to be the uncle of a friend I met after leaving the military. smiley

1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cBrDzv81crJVbNxY12JAh37yfhWaTcDC8K0097ZQiNnvhtAgZbLXWmfcVIoqQqyg