1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 213
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
1/11/18 8:27 a.m.
759NRNG said:

jump the shark ok , but KISS a shark....WOOF!!! got any lips left????

Yeah, I'm fine.  That's not the first, won't be the last.  If you look at the dorsal fin you can see the tag we placed on the animal

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
1/11/18 2:11 p.m.
Stampie said:

TIL that JoeyM has a shark fetish. 

Since you don't like me talking about sharks, I'll mention that I just found out that "pelican spiders" exist.  They are spider-hunting spiders with very long faces

https://gizmodo.com/eighteen-species-of-tweezer-faced-spider-slaying-pelic-1821959965

It is sad to be talking about weird looking spiders when we should be talking about weird looking glow in the dark sharks like the viper dogfish  

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
1/11/18 9:00 p.m.

That Billy Joel is an shiny happy person and Alice Cooper is awesome.  (Watched Hired Gun on Netflix about session musicians.)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/11/18 9:33 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about fetishes. Trust me, I have bunches of them. Spiders and sharks excluded. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/12/18 8:03 a.m.
Jerry said:

That Billy Joel is an shiny happy person and Alice Cooper is awesome.  (Watched Hired Gun on Netflix about session musicians.)

"When you are on my stage and you take a solo, I drop back and you become Alice Cooper" - Alice Cooper. (not an exact quote, just from memory)

"There's no room on the plane for your return trip, Billy might want to sleep and put his feet up on your chair" - Billy Joel's assistant to his drummer.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/12/18 12:09 p.m.

TIL I have almost 500 pictures on Imgur. I'm bored so I'm moving the ones from my current projects to photoberkit and updating the hyperlinks because I don't like myself. 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
1/13/18 5:45 p.m.

My new to me ironworker is awesome.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/18 7:04 p.m.
RossD said:
Jerry said:

"When you are on my stage and you take a solo, I drop back and you become Alice Cooper" - Alice Cooper. (not an exact quote, just from memory)

"There's no room on the plane for your return trip, Billy might want to sleep and put his feet up on your chair" - Billy Joel's assistant to his drummer.

Wow.frown

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/18 8:14 p.m.

E brakes on ram 1500 trucks are weird. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/14/18 3:48 p.m.

TIL that the line "with all due respect, berkeley you and the horse you rode in on" isn't a suitable way to respond to someone chastising you for driving a 14-year-old Nissan in the winter.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/18 5:01 p.m.

Having grandkids really softened up my dad.  He never painted my nails.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/14/18 7:32 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Did you apologise after?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/15/18 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I would have if he didn't come out of nowhere just to be a dick. cheeky

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/16/18 12:50 a.m.

TIL that our house might be a Sears catalog house. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/16/18 12:52 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Hey, that's pretty neat.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
1/16/18 9:05 a.m.

In New Zealand, people use drones to collect whale snot:   https://twitter.com/VanessaPirotta/status/951533031898009605

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/16/18 10:44 a.m.
mtn said:

I grew up in one. Its kind of cool. 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/16/18 4:54 p.m.

TIL that there is a company that makes street-licensable Lola T70 Spyder kit cars. Drooool

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/16/18 6:03 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:
mtn said:

I grew up in one. Its kind of cool. 

I worked with a guy that lived in Pass Christian Ms. and rode out hurricane Katrina with his Labrador retriever as they floated several lots down the street in his 'catalog' home.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/17/18 1:57 p.m.

TIL what my debit card's daily spending limit is. surprise

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/17/18 2:12 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

In reply to Daylan C :

So what the hell IS wrong with driving a 14 YO Nissan in the winter? 

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
1/17/18 2:17 p.m.
spitfirebill said:
G_Body_Man said:

In reply to Daylan C :

So what the hell IS wrong with driving a 14 YO Nissan in the winter? 

Apparently "there aren't many rust-free 6-speed G35 sedans left" and because mine has low mileage, I should be preserving it. My train of thought is to undercoat, wax, and keep it clean. If my granddad could keep a sixth gen Accord rust-free in Ontario using this method (he got rid of it last year because they no longer needed a car), my fancy Datsun should be fine.

Stampie
1/19/18 8:41 a.m.

TIL that in Wisconsin bars outnumber grocery stores and churches. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/19/18 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

TIL that that isn't common knowledge. smiley

My little town has one church, one tiny grocery store, and has at least 3 bars. More if you start counting the bars in the local supper club or golf course or the extra bar that's not quite in town.

Stampie
1/19/18 9:01 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

You have to keep in mind I grew up in areas that had dry counties. Nothing like driving to the country line to get a drink. 

1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qwse7sAOk0aTPuwjqf78xvCotAmGdJ9tSYhMDvXevoD9ormRckLhdpR4DkG0InFN