1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 213
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/13/19 4:13 a.m.

TIL I need to make a point to fill out the workorders as soon as the parts come up. Because I have the organizational skills of a tornado and will definitely lose track of my E36 M3.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/13/19 4:56 a.m.

This past weekend I learned why I have a different front door than the other three units and why the living room door has some massaging with frame repair. Previous tenant was operating a grow house. Thanks MPD. There is a certain irony given my former roommates retirement from the force led to my apartment search. laugh

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/19 7:06 p.m.

"We're not a bunch of Fascists" Is not a valid reason for why we can't get buses to run on time.  

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/13/19 7:13 p.m.

Reading about Les Miles.

"Later on, Kathy Miles whispers about her husband, “He drives like his dad.” There’s a story here, Les says. While growing up in Cincinnati, Miles’s father taught him to drive at age 13. Hope Miles sat in the passenger seat of his Chevy Impala, handed his son the keys and told him, “If you don’t drive 50 miles an hour, you’re wasting my time.”

smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/13/19 7:22 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

I used to ride buses almost exclusively when I arrived in D.C. but I worked all the way out in bum berkeley. If the ride on didn't show it was another half hour wait. Once in torrential rain with no shelter the driver arrives 29 minutes late. A little upset I politely asked why. He pointed to the rain right as the next scheduled bus passed us. To which I could only refrain well he's on time. 

Thankfully a Metro employee on her way home stopped and gave me an umbrella 2/3rds the way through my soaking.

Ride on Montgomery county blew balls. indecision

Wally
2/13/19 9:17 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

That long of a wait should have been caught and corrected.  Most of my complaints are around 8-10 minutes but a couple of people today didn’t seem to notice Twitter time stamps their tweets and complained before the bus was due. “The wait is still to long because it’s cold out” is now a complaint too.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/19/19 4:20 p.m.

TIL that seeing my new rear window banner correctly in my rear view mirror berks with my head. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/19 7:13 a.m.

TIL that real life has "goodie rooms" if you're rich and famous enough. And you don't even have to fight a powerful boss baddie afterward!

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/21/18232395/oscars-gifting-lounge-gifts-free-celebrities-rafi-anteby

wae
wae SuperDork
2/21/19 8:26 a.m.

TIL: Reading comprehension is not a skill that everyone has.  Some people can look at a document and just...  fail to see that every step they need to follow is laid out in perfect order.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
2/21/19 10:22 a.m.

TIL "For What it's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield is not actually about the Vietnam War. It's about the Sunset Strip Crufew riots.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/693790065/buffalo-springfield-for-what-its-worth-american-anthem

It was also written in about 15 minutes and recorded in one night. 

Stampie
2/21/19 10:42 a.m.

TIL a song I've heard and liked my whole life is "For What it's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield. 

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/23/19 12:01 p.m.

TIL that my 4 year old nephew is afraid of my Miata because of the red tow strap on the front. His own words. Not the fact that its loud as berkeley.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/23/19 2:44 p.m.

TIL that yesterday I was full of crap! A bourbon fest last night combined with coffee this morning has had an effect on that situation.  Maybe this should be in the Minor Confessions thread? blush

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/19 10:01 p.m.
NickD said:

TIL that my 4 year old nephew is afraid of my Miata because of the red tow strap on the front. His own words. Not the fact that its loud as berkeley.

When I was four years old, my uncle had a 1936 Ford Coupe. I loved that car because it had a rumble seat and he would let me sit out there by myself. There was nothing that I would rather do.

But I would never, ever walk around to the front of the car when it was parked in the garage. I was absolutely terrified of the giant 36 Ford headlights that were right at eye level. Terrified. I would run past the front of the car to get to the end with the rumble seat.

And for some reason, I was fascinated by those little steps on the back.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/19 11:13 p.m.
wae said:

TIL: Reading comprehension is not a skill that everyone has.  Some people can look at a document and just...  fail to see that every step they need to follow is laid out in perfect order.

I have learned that way too many times recently.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
2/25/19 11:59 a.m.

TIL that my daughter's laptop power supply is basically the adult version of Lego when you step on it.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/25/19 12:25 p.m.
Woody said:
NickD said:

When I was four years old, my uncle had a 1936 Ford Coupe. I loved that car because it had a rumble seat and he would let me sit out there by myself. There was nothing that I would rather do.

But I would never, ever walk around to the front of the car when it was parked in the garage. I was absolutely terrified of the giant 36 Ford headlights that were right at eye level. Terrified. I would run past the front of the car to get to the end with the rumble seat.

And for some reason, I was fascinated by those little steps on the back.

What's interesting in that his logic for why the towstrap scares him is that, again in his own words, "it should be on the back." Which makes it sound more like a minor annoyance and less than a legitimate fear.

NickD
NickD UberDork
2/26/19 1:52 p.m.

TIL that Twizzlers can go bad. I had to mount a search expedition under a customer's driver seat for a missing wedding ring and found a moldy Twizzler. I didn't think there was any organic matter to mold in them. This man must have lived on a steady diet of Twizzlers and french fries, judging by what I found under there.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/19 7:16 p.m.

HID bulbs can be berkinf expensive.

List for one bulb for teh R from NAPA was $150.  Uuuurk.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/27/19 6:42 a.m.

TIL I'm too big to sleep in the back seat of an SL1 with the windows up.

Wally
3/10/19 10:48 a.m.

If you’re going to send snarky emails to someone with a common last name make sure you’re not inadvertently sending them to a similarly named boss’s, boss’s, boss.  Also that I work for someone that doesn’t know my name. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/19 10:57 a.m.

Sleep deprived me is apparently motivated, get E36 M3 done me. 

wae
wae SuperDork
3/10/19 11:09 p.m.

TIL that transmissions come apart from engines much easier when you remove ALL the bolts.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/10/19 11:19 p.m.

TIL that I absolutely have to remove the skidplate from my Subaru when I change the oil if I don't want to make a mess.

The sad thing is I already knew that already, but had minimized the actual mess in my head.

Stampie
3/11/19 1:07 p.m.

TIL if your brain tells you to hide your actions from others it's because your morals are screaming that you're doing something wrong. 

1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N1w3tAGNxidpn6Ug2ZsnkxFqJBm6EJ775zMazCajdrJ0AbM7rI7LBEu6pxsL0RZ0