1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 213
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
11/13/19 9:25 p.m.

That Isuzu made something called the Ascender.  Obviously a GM product and looked just as pig-tastic from the rear as everything else out there. indecision

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/14/19 5:22 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

That Isuzu made something called the Ascender.  Obviously a GM product and looked just as pig-tastic from the rear as everything else out there. indecision

It's a Trailblazer, just rebadged.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/14/19 12:12 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

See also:  Honda Passport / Isuzu Rodeo and Honda Odyssey / Isuzu Oasis.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/14/19 12:13 p.m.

TIL (well, a couple days ago, but I rarely post in this thread unless it's near the top):

What a barchetta is.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
11/14/19 12:21 p.m.

TIL that I don't know how to open the hoods on any of my cars without looking for the release.   Is that a good or bad sign.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
11/14/19 12:22 p.m.

TIL you can only throw away the oil filter housing seal for so may years before it starts to leak, Mazda 5 took about 6.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
11/14/19 12:25 p.m.

TIL, my winter tires don't leak at all, still full after sitting all summer.  They don't have TPMS, the summer wheels do and they leak slowly.  I'm being rewarded for doing something right, or punished I'm not sure which.

wae
wae UltraDork
11/14/19 12:32 p.m.

TIL that sometime in the last couple years, BW3 stopped being completely awful.  The wings actually had meat on them, they were still juicy and not overdone, and there was plenty of sauce.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/14/19 1:52 p.m.
wae said:

TIL that sometime in the last couple years, BW3 stopped being completely awful.  

It's pretty difficult to mess up a buffalo wing if you've got large capacity deep fryers, but BW3 manages to do it at some locations. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/14/19 3:39 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

I saw one yesterday, I said to the guy with me "hmm, an Isuzu Ascender". And he looked at me and shook his head.

I could tell these stories all day...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/19 3:42 p.m.

TIL that about five weeks ago, I mailed a $17,000 check to the wrong place.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/14/19 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

The sickest I've ever been was food poisoning from BW3. And I've had intestinal upheaval from bad water in Honduras. That was nothing compared to the poisoning I got from the undercooked BW3 chicken wings.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/14/19 3:47 p.m.
dculberson said:

The sickest I've ever been was food poisoning from BW3. And I've had intestinal upheaval from bad water in Honduras. That was nothing compared to the poisoning I got from the undercooked BW3 chicken wings.

I've never enjoyed BW3, but in college my roommate went there with his Lacrosse team a lot. He always had an hour or two with the toilet the next day anytime he had it (like 3-4 times, college kids are dumb). I always thought he just had a weak gut. 

My first job out of college, my team would go there for half priced wings on Wednesdays for lunch. Turns out he wasn't lying. I went there 2 times, and twice I had the hershey squirts. No thanks, that was enough. This was all the same location, I never had issues with it the 3-4 times I went to another location.

I don't think I've been there since. Not a huge fan of their food anyways.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/14/19 3:49 p.m.
dculberson said:

The only time as, an adult, that I've E36 M3 my pants while sober was after BW3. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/14/19 3:55 p.m.

Even though IT says it's not a network issue and that there's nothing they can do, chances are....it actually is a network issue and they can indeed do something.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/14/19 4:01 p.m.
slowbird said:

Today I learned that the prime minister of Canada once put a protestor on the ground with a chokehold-type move, and that the incident became known as the "Shawinigan Handshake"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawinigan_Handshake

Jean Chrétien was a 'hands on' prime minister...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/14/19 5:30 p.m.
DjGreggieP said:
slowbird said:

Today I learned that the prime minister of Canada once put a protestor on the ground with a chokehold-type move, and that the incident became known as the "Shawinigan Handshake"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawinigan_Handshake

Jean Chrétien was a 'hands on' prime minister...

Pretty sure he also clobbered a guy in his bedroom one night with an Inuit soapstone carving.  He is the least detestible Liberal Quebec prime minister we have had in my life, even though he was just as corrupt as all the rest of them.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/14/19 5:38 p.m.

So, can I assume BW3 is Buffalo Wild Wings?  If so, how?  I only count 2 Ws. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/14/19 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Started out as Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck here in Columbus Oh. Dropped the weck but stayed bw3 in my mind. Maybe even officially in some ways?

ps sorry for inflicting that chain on the world. I swear it was decent enough when it was local only. They had amazing sauce. 

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
11/14/19 7:40 p.m.

BW3... I remember 15cent wings on Tuesdays when I was at Ohio State.(mid 80's) It was a long cold walk across campus from the towers to the north campus location to buy 100 wings. They were so small I'm not sure they were off of a chicken or a pigeon  but yes, the sauces were awesome.  Basically fat cooked grease.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/14/19 9:26 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

...And Weck. The hell is a weck?

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
11/15/19 12:17 a.m.

A kind of roll or bun. Kummelweck roll.  They did some good sandwiches when they first started out.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/15/19 5:24 a.m.

I always referred to Buffalo Wild Wings as B-Dubs, along with everyone I knew. Also, eaten there a few times and always enjoyed it and never got unusually sick.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/19 5:41 a.m.
NickD said:

I always referred to Buffalo Wild Wings as B-Dubs, along with everyone I knew. Also, eaten there a few times and always enjoyed it and never got unusually sick.

They call it that on radio commercials, so it's not just you.

TIL what the third W was.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
11/15/19 8:10 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to dculberson :

...And Weck. The hell is a weck?

Weck is the southern German word for roll.  My Wife maintains that it's a northern German thing and the proper word is semmel, but that's probably Bavarian

1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JharrbdbeswzpJ5kfCvxxTZw1ygMAKINhozh479SC0WfSQ5oiAkZHCDpVMLWhy21