1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 213
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/1/20 5:59 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

TIL that Toyota is being serious when they say install of a TRD rear sway bar on a Yaris takes 10 minutes. I think I spent more time getting it up on the lift and taking the wheels off/putting them on than I did the actual install of the sway bar.

TIL that there is a TRD sway bar for a Yaris. 

TRD makes rear sway bars, lowering springs, struts, drop-in air filter and an exhaust.

wae (Forum Supporter)
wae (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/1/20 6:42 p.m.

TIL how to remove and re-install the auger motor for the ice dispenser in my fridge.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/1/20 6:43 p.m.

Today i learned how steep the learning curve is for bodywork. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/1/20 10:31 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Today i learned how steep the learning curve is for bodywork. 

Amen, brother.

java230
java230 UberDork
5/1/20 11:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You got this!

As far as electro swing. Johnny lectro mix on YT has been killing it lately 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDHbeCzCw1tT4&feature=share&playnext=1

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/20 10:44 a.m.
java230 said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You got this!

As far as electro swing. Johnny lectro mix on YT has been killing it lately 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDHbeCzCw1tT4&feature=share&playnext=1

Streaming this right now on Spotify while at work.  Sounds good.

Scott

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/20 10:48 a.m.

Today I learned there are people in the world who don't like The Princess Bride.

wae (Forum Supporter)
5/5/20 10:55 a.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Today I learned there are people in the world who don't like The Princess Bride.

Inconceivable!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/8/20 12:53 p.m.

TIL that if the ABS module in your C5 Corvette dies, GM no longer makes one, nor does apparently anyone else, and a used one will set you back $3000

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/8/20 12:56 p.m.
NickD said:

TIL that if the ABS module in your C5 Corvette dies, GM no longer makes one, nor does apparently anyone else, and a used one will set you back $3000

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/8/20 12:56 p.m.
NickD said:

We ysed to send them to absfixers.com and were pleased with his service. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/8/20 1:00 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
NickD said:

We ysed to send them to absfixers.com and were pleased with his service. 

If I ever own one, I'll keep it in mind (awww, who am I kidding, if I owned one I would just deal with no ABS) but as a dealership we tend not to get into the whole "send it out, have someone rebuild it" business. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/8/20 1:04 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Provided, of course, that the failed ABS doesn't take something else out due to lack of communication or put the car into Terrified mode.

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/8/20 1:10 p.m.
NickD said:

I've used Module Master a few times on cars in the shop with good results.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/8/20 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Yeah. Like how the side detection modules that rot out in a single NY winter knock out the high speed CAN and then your car won't start. Seen that a bazillion times. Any time I hear someone espousing how great all these serial data and CAN bus systems are, I wanna friggin' slap 'em up aside the head. Clearly they have not worked on them in a real world setting.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/20 3:42 p.m.

TIL what a derecho is, and I'm legitimately shocked that VW didn't name a car that. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/20 4:42 p.m.
wae (Forum Supporter) said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Inconceivable!

this word you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means...

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
5/8/20 4:48 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

We had one come through a few years back... they were talking about it on the local weather report, and I was like, what the heck? Lol 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/8/20 5:26 p.m.
Saron81 said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) :

We had one come through a few years back... they were talking about it on the local weather report, and I was like, what the heck? Lol 

But it isn't a joke, we lost a barn and lots went down in our area or came off their foundations 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/20 5:49 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:

TIL what a derecho is, and I'm legitimately shocked that VW didn't name a car that. 

Sounds like a Mighty Wind.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/10/20 6:48 p.m.

TIL why the countershaft on my lathe was noisy, hard to turn, and would heat up.

Yep that'll do it. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/20 7:24 p.m.

TIL that Raleigh had the second ever NASCAR "Super Speedway."

I also learned that this speedway was the location for the first and only NASCAR pit stop caused by an enraged monkey loose in one of the cars.

I'm going to go see if I can find the remains of the track- it's not terribly far from my house.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
5/11/20 8:02 a.m.

TIL that apparently every guy in the shop has hypothermia. They started checking our temps as we come into work (little bit late to the party, but okay) and not single one of use measured 98.6 degrees. Literally every employee was under it by at least 2 degrees and as many as 5 degrees.

wae (Forum Supporter)
5/11/20 8:10 a.m.

TIL that apparently the Philadelphia police department dropped two bombs from a helicopter on purpose and burned down 60-some-odd houses back in 1985.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/11/20 8:11 a.m.
NickD said:

TIL that apparently every guy in the shop has hypothermia. They started checking our temps as we come into work (little bit late to the party, but okay) and not single one of use measured 98.6 degrees. Literally every employee was under it by at least 2 degrees and as many as 5 degrees.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6410968/human-body-temperature-decrease/

We've cooled off in the last century.  

1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aApwyB3kUe1hxhfLlWCESnIMsVSHKYm9iQeTyc9lfXMyGpaOROP3zdXvRngYaXNR