1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/27/14 4:28 p.m.

Since FinalGear.com is no longer, is there a place to stream the special? BBCA won't probably show it until next week and it will be hacked to bits anyways for the commercials.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/14 5:17 p.m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

You may find yourself investigating proxies.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
12/27/14 6:09 p.m.

Streetfire is still a site that I use for that, it usually takes about 2 days after the British broadcast.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
12/27/14 6:57 p.m.

Am I the only one who enjoys their special episodes less than the normal ones?
Don't get me wrong, still watchable, better than most TV... just not as good as their usual work.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/14 6:59 p.m.

In reply to SnowMongoose:

Yes. The African and Vietnam specials were two of my favorites.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/27/14 8:12 p.m.

Pretty good part one. They haven't been thrown out of the country YET. Typical American bashing of the hamsters 71 Mach 1 Mustang they claiming it's the heaviest car compared to Jezzas 928 gt. Funny they are celebrating 60 years of the SBC with a Ford a Porsche and a Lotus.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/27/14 11:53 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Am I the only one who enjoys their special episodes less than the normal ones? Don't get me wrong, still watchable, better than most TV... just not as good as their usual work.

the one a couple of years ago where they found a new baby Stig in a manger was pretty cool..

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/28/14 7:02 a.m.

Stigs grow up so fast these days.

Adrian_Thompson
12/28/14 7:11 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Stigs grow up so fast these days.

Did you notice him face (helmet) down at the dinner table last night.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
12/28/14 7:24 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Since FinalGear.com is no longer, is there a place to stream the special? BBCA won't probably show it until next week and it will be hacked to bits anyways for the commercials.

The files are still out there, finalgear just got a takedown notice for posting links.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/28/14 8:07 a.m.

Yeah, the torrents are still out there in full force. You can still find them anywhere.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/28/14 4:03 p.m.

Hola for your browser lets you use i player.

I thought the episode was good, I'm just looking forward to the second half.

Adrian_Thompson
12/28/14 8:53 p.m.

Just finished part 2. Seriously pissed off at the Argentinian mog bullies right now.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/29/14 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Wow, that was bad.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/29/14 9:55 a.m.

Finally saw the episode. I have to say it was kind of boring IMO. It was interesting to see their side of the mob story, but we already knew most of it since the media already talked about it.

Anybody else notice the Dakar rally support truck they used for support? That kind of gave away the mystery of how things got pulled out or repaired.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
12/29/14 10:27 a.m.

Cough http://topgearspecials.com/top-gear-season-22-patagonia-special-part-1/ Cough

Keith Tanner
12/29/14 11:07 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: Hola for your browser lets you use i player. I thought the episode was good, I'm just looking forward to the second half.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a pretty slick setup. Much easier to use than FoxyProxy. That'll come in handy in F1 season

I noticed the Dakar truck as well. Very cool. It stands to reason that they have to have a fairly burly support setup with them for these adventures - Hammond had to weld his car back together in Botswana in the middle of nowhere, and that welder and generator weren't in the back of the star cars.

I thought it was a decent episode. I actually watched Vietnam and both African specials before Christmas, and the first 3/4 of this one held up pretty well. The rioting sure didn't make me want to go to Argentina.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
12/29/14 1:52 p.m.

-cough-part1-cough-part2-cough-

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
12/29/14 9:08 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Hola for your browser lets you use i player. I thought the episode was good, I'm just looking forward to the second half.

Holeeee crap. Not only did that work like a charm, it was that completely painless to boot.

Now, go log in to Netflix with it set to the UK... so.many.more.options!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/1/15 11:42 a.m.
SkinnyG wrote: -cough-part1-cough-part2-cough-

cough 2nd link doesn't work cough

Keith Tanner
1/1/15 11:50 a.m.
Burrito Enthusiast wrote:
Holeeee crap. Not only did that work like a charm, it was that completely painless to boot. Now, go log in to Netflix with it set to the UK... so.many.more.options!

Oooooooo.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
1/1/15 11:55 a.m.

-cough-new-part-two-cough-

Adrian_Thompson
1/1/15 4:33 p.m.

What is Hola?

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
1/1/15 4:39 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
What is Hola?

It is a proxy service that makes it appear to content providers that you are viewing from the country or region of your choice, e.g. the UK. It has a free trial period.

Keith Tanner
1/1/15 5:36 p.m.

According to their website, it's not just a trial period.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R9eF4K7gPxQY0sbwtrj5Th6r3UftbAY4BCDzrw31EbkmbKn0sfVm1LAujzAKRhvQ