jrw1621
jrw1621 New Reader
7/18/08 8:50 p.m.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1822698

Do not forget to look up and watch clearance.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/18/08 11:08 p.m.

Whooooha Did you see that thing come down through the cab. I wonder what happened to the driver? If there was someone in the back seat they had a bad day. Is there any follow up to that?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/19/08 12:00 a.m.

I've heard post game analysis ranging from "they were embarassed but unhurt" to "they had some bumps and scratches, but walked away." Sounds like in any case the bank and truck took the worst of it.

jg

Jay
Jay HalfDork
7/19/08 2:42 a.m.

Holy crap!

That roof sure toppled awfully easily. It didn't even look like that hard of a hit. You'd think it'd be built to withstand a little more than that.

J

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
7/19/08 3:02 p.m.

Modern construction is scary.

I remember when I was in training for State Farm we went and visited a bunch of homes being built, it was scary because nearly every single house wasn't being built to code.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/08 5:08 p.m.

I can beleive it. They built a LOT of condos across the street from me. I took an "afterhours" walk through them before the doors were locked.. I would not live in one if you paid me. Shoddy shoddy construction.. and starting at $350,000 too!

cwh
cwh Dork
7/20/08 8:31 a.m.

I think that quality home construction stopped in the Sixties. As an alarm installer, I have seen horrible construction defects, and usually in the high end homes. Only way to avoid it is to be there and watch everything. After the drywall goes up, it's all hidden. One house I worked on was being built for the contractor, he was going to live there. Big money. I was going to drill a hole to mount the control panel and put some weight on the wall to brace myself and quickly found that the wall was not connected to the floor. The wall swung over an inch from my push.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Omw6lghPeufLUJCZQr53IA1QLPNAPSOnLQHBdiJzRBlliwMuxXbkwy7zBAymW0T