1 2 3
sachilles
sachilles Reader
2/28/09 12:14 p.m.

Dually van

924guy
924guy HalfDork
2/28/09 5:51 p.m.

Ive also been wanting an early transvan for some time, hoping to be ready to seriously look in a few months. theyre a good comprimise between a full sized rv and a conversion van. but if i had the cash, id much rather have a vixon.. http://stannerair.hypermart.net/1986vixen.htm#026 excellent on fuel (diesel bmw motor), they can tow well (at least small cars) and they can fit in a normal garage... Ive had a few rv and trailers as well, i really enjoyed my 70 winibago chieftain (27ft) and that old 413 got 15 mpg highway while towing.. though the 37' coachman prestige 5th wheel was definitely the most comfortable (ive had apartments smaller than that thing!) but the f350 got 6mpg on the highway on a good day

i like oddbal rvs, i spent two years trying to chase down an old rectrans discoverer, imo the coolest rv ever made (designed by larry shinoda, yep the corvette guy!) looked at several and even put deposits on three, none worked out, and i never did get one, and no room for one now.. but heres a picture anyhow..

I lived in RV's and campers for fours years and not only saved enough for a good downpayment on my house, but also enjoyed it allot.. though i did miss having a garage and place to work on the cars.. but theyre awesome to have if you can manage it..

iluvspd
iluvspd
4/16/10 1:52 a.m.

old thread but ..... Yes - tons of miles with a Dodge Trans Van. Loved it.

I have traveled from Lime Rock to Firebird, Savanna, St Pete, Atlanta, RA, MO ect... many many seasons on this thing.

Its not to big like a full size class C, and not to small like a pickup. Dually tows really nice. Even my little sister was able to drive it back 8hrs! when I totalled my AS car at MO. And it was her first time ever.

Mine was a Dodge - 360 Carbureted. That motor was horrible. Converted it to a 1990 FI 360 and its been a perfect. Might even sell if it goes to another racer....

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
12/27/10 12:09 p.m.

EVERYBODY SHOUT CANOOOOE ,canoe is hard of hearing.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/27/10 12:10 p.m.

Canoe......ditch this guy....three days worth of canoeing.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 HalfDork
12/27/10 12:29 p.m.

CANOE!!! YO! CANOE!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0OkGCuaLyx56lQnoJ74Lr9hPuvVjjaurgdlTT5bsboWU1rrcoRSDftIG1IPUV2w7