1 2 3
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/5/18 12:16 p.m.
T.J. said:
alfadriver said:
T.J. said:

What is uhf?

Ultra High Frequency.  As opposed to Very High Frequency.  

What we used to have to do to get ABC,CBS, and NBC vs most of the PBS broadcasters.  Back when you would only get 4 channels in most markets, all over the airwaves.

I already knew that. I was asking about the movie called UHF, you know, the thing this thread is about.

I almost wrote in my first post and 'Airplane!' type answer that I was sure was going to come....What is uhf? It's Ultra High Frequency, but that's not important right now....

I figured as much, as I have no idea what UHF is otherwise.  Why would A-Prime be broadcast over the airwaives?  ;)

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
11/5/18 3:02 p.m.

Life is like a mop.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 3:33 p.m.

The reason few remember this gem is there was a movie that came out in the summer of 89 that destroyed everything in it's path: BATMAN. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 3:35 p.m.

I'm thinking of something orange. I'm thinking of something OOOORANGE!

Give up?

daeman
daeman Dork
11/5/18 4:28 p.m.

As a weird Al fan, I can't believe I wasn't more aware of the existence of this. Looks like I'll be hunting for a copy to check out.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/5/18 4:49 p.m.

LOL I just watched it on Tubi last week. 

Solid free app with older mostly b list stuff you can watch for free and they throw in adds where they choose. It's decent and the adds aren't invasive. 

Conan the Librarian is one of my favorite sketches.. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/18 5:49 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I forgot Emo Philips was in UHF.  Just in case Weird Al isn’t weird enough. 

Wally
11/5/18 6:07 p.m.

Making the wife watch it now.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 6:16 p.m.

I need to get over to the local library and get it for the weekend. SWMBO has never seen it.

TJL
TJL New Reader
11/5/18 6:22 p.m.

My brother and i watched it at least 100 times as kids. 

“Im thinking of something orange”

at work i regularly want to yell “THESE FLOORS ARE DIRTY AS HELL, AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!”

Wally
11/5/18 6:23 p.m.

There’s also a young, lovely Fran Drescher as the receptionist.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/5/18 6:40 p.m.

We don't need any stinking badgers!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/5/18 6:58 p.m.
Appleseed said:

The reason few remember this gem is there was a movie that came out in the summer of 89 that destroyed everything in it's path: BATMAN. 

That explains it. I spent the summer of 89 in boot camp, so I was a bit out of the pop culture loop for a couple months. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/5/18 7:05 p.m.
T.J. said:
Appleseed said:

That explains it. I spent the summer of 89 in boot camp, so I was a bit out of the pop culture loop for a couple months. 

First movie I saw in a theater was Batman; I still remember it vividly.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
11/5/18 7:19 p.m.

Love this movie!

Wally
11/5/18 7:36 p.m.

She rolled herself into bed during teach poodles to fly.  Next time I pick a movie I am putting The Club on her wheels.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 8:05 p.m.

How will she learn about nature's suction cup? The turtle.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/5/18 8:26 p.m.
Wally said:

She rolled herself into bed during teach poodles to fly.  Next time I pick a movie I am putting The Club on her wheels.

It takes a strong man to care for a wife who is infirm. It takes a REALLY strong man to lock her up and force her to watch weird al. 

Wally
11/5/18 8:27 p.m.

In reply to JtspellS :

At least Al Capone’s glove box had something in it unlike his vault.  Thanks Geraldo.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 8:47 p.m.

Philo taught me to make Plutonium from common household items.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/5/18 9:08 p.m.

In a similar, yet slightly more B movie horror themed, vein, I'd really like to suggest Viewer discretion advised 

-----

Wally
11/5/18 9:13 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Growing up the VHF channels were the NYC based ones and the local Long Island ones were UHF. I know channel 21, the PBS station and 55, are still around. The real fun was on cable public access. The Robin Byrd show was one good one and there was one that was like the Living Color Men in Film sketch but far more graphic. I was probably too young to be watching them but they were very educational.

Wally
11/5/18 9:18 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Since we’re recommending bad movies try Kentucky Fried Movie too.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/5/18 9:32 p.m.

Just call me Mr. Butterfingers.

Wally
11/6/18 1:49 a.m.

The Wife has not been able to sleep at all tonight. She claims it’s leg pain but I’m pretty sure it’s because she didn’t watch the end of the movie. Does George save U-62?  Do George and Teri get back together?  These and other questions are likely tormenting her as she tries to sleep.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DHkWCswgdSoMce4kEREbl266x1fkP3Jki1FhuVpFBwv3yiLvgKhqmrZpDdBL7VBa