1 2
Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB Dork
4/24/14 3:53 p.m.

Summer is on it's way and the workplace gets hotter than Georgia asphalt. Already got my boss riding my ass, don't need the skivvies wedged up my crack too ! The UA stuff gets rave reviews, any comparo for the Duluth stuff ? Very active, bending, kneeling, climbing on machinery, ladders etc, can't wear shorts or go commando...

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/24/14 4:24 p.m.

I use the UA stuff for those super hot outside days. Normal, every day is Haynes Stretch Boxer Briefs. They are almost as good as US and will not sneak up on you.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
4/24/14 4:28 p.m.

The UA stuff is good but cut real tight. Its also made from some weird feeling material that tears out hair from my fun bits after a while. Great for running not so great for daily wear. At 20 dollars a pair I can't really say they're worth it.

No idea about Duluth.

I've been extolling the virtues of Jockey microfibers for 18 dollars for 2 pair. Again if you have a larger posterior they ride down a bit like the UA ones but don't rip hair.

I've been meaning to try Icebreaker but it isn't something super high on the list get right now.

I work on 120+ degree ramps during the summers if that helps.

I've been just buying a pair of each to see what works for me.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/24/14 7:49 p.m.

After years of Kmart boxer briefs which I thought were just fine I went searching for good drawers. Lots of internet research kept leading back to one place ExOfficio give and go boxer briefs. I couldn't fathom $30 for a single pair of underwear but I found em on sale for $15. Hooooleeeecrap. Buy a pair, try em, you'll E36 M3can every pair of underwear you own and hunt for sales.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/14 8:25 p.m.

The Wife got me a couple pairs of the Duluth ones. As an oddly shaped sweaty mess I can be hard to find underwear for but these are the most comfortable ones I've ever tried.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/24/14 9:08 p.m.

I should try the Duluth ones - I had issues with all the "polo" shirts I bought the past 15 years - they all sucked and were thin. I bought one from Duluth and was really impressed and bought a bunch more.

Enggboy
Enggboy New Reader
4/25/14 8:47 a.m.

You know, I am going to chime in here and offer my thoughts... and possibly even get my man-card revoked. My wife watches the daytime TV show "Ellen", and she has a line of underoos (for men and women). Well, I got a pair of the boxer-briefs as a gift for my birthday a few years ago and all I can say is that these underwear changed my life!!! Comfy, fit well, fancy material that caresses your undercarriage... all that jazz. They are $20/pr, but go on sale occasionally.

I have not tried the UA or Duluth, so those very well may be just as awesome, but you do have another option now if you want it...

RossD
RossD PowerDork
4/25/14 9:05 a.m.

I'm a bit of sweaty guy too. I've been 'gold bolding' my undercarriage for a couple years now. Make sure you use the body stuff and not the foot stuff. I did a dance for a solid 5 minutes when I made that mistake.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
4/25/14 10:08 a.m.

I had an acquaintance, SWMBO's cousin, tell me he was pretty underwhelmed with Duluth drawers, I have no personal experience.

I used to just buy a pack of Haynes at the "Wallmarks" as my Granny calls it. I randomly picked up some from Old Navy and liked them better, then I got some as a gift from American Eagle, and liked them even more than the Old Navy drawers.

I don't typically shop for stuff at American Eagle, except now for boxer briefs. I got some of the longer legged "athletic trunks" for Christmas, and they are now my all time favorite drawers, supper comfy, don't bunch, don't ride up in the crotch, best drawers yet.

AE Athletic Trunks

• Lee
Wally
4/25/14 2:42 p.m.

In reply to Enggboy:

Having a man card is overrated. It's nice to sit in the living room and watch tv instead of out in a black and orange man cave under a new vintage Ford truck sign.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
4/25/14 3:00 p.m.

Well, I kinda wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. But I gotta ask... what in heck is 'gold bolding' my undercarriage? Is it like Por15? Or do I really want to know this?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/25/14 3:05 p.m.

Would it be politically incorrect to say that maybe you should consider getting your BMI in a healthier range?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
4/25/14 3:43 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Well, I kinda wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. But I gotta ask... what in heck is 'gold bolding' my undercarriage? Is it like Por15? Or do I really want to know this?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gold%20bonding

HeavyDuty
HeavyDuty Reader
4/25/14 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Lesley:

RossD
RossD PowerDork
4/25/14 4:01 p.m.

Did I supply too much information? I thought I was using some tact.

Wally
4/25/14 4:08 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2: I'm getting there, in the mean time it's nice to not have my shorts creep on me like an Apache war party.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/25/14 4:11 p.m.

I see this stuff and it cracks me up. No pun intended.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/14 5:52 p.m.

Saw an ad for the Duluth underwear on TV just now, my 2nd time hearing of them after this thread...odd coincidence.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/14 6:43 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Well, I kinda wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. But I gotta ask... what in heck is 'gold bolding' my undercarriage? Is it like Por15? Or do I really want to know this?

LMFAO!

Lesley, you are awesome!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/26/14 6:45 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Saw an ad for the Duluth underwear on TV just now, my 2nd time hearing of them after this thread...odd coincidence.

They seem to be on a big advertising push lately. It was actually their ads that got me investigating what is the most recommended out there. They do come highly recommended but a lot of folks that tried them were recommending the exofficio instead. I think either one is a far better alternative than the usual cotton crotch chokers most of us wear.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/26/14 6:50 p.m.

In reply to Lesley:

FWIW, I also kind of wish I hadn't clicked on this thread!

Kind of like imagining a plumber wearing a thong, or something.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
4/26/14 8:21 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Kind of like imagining a plumber wearing a thong, or something.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
4/26/14 9:01 p.m.

Oh, boo!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/29/14 8:37 p.m.

Now I want to try some of these out.

Are the Deluth boxer-briefs true sizing, or do they run small or large? I've had bad luck with some Haynes boxer-briefs being either way too small or too large even if they are the same size.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
4/30/14 2:22 p.m.

Never tried Duluth Trading underwear but I do have a bunch of their long-tail T shirts. They solve the problem Foxtrapper illustrated very nicely. They are also well made and seem to last me twice as long as any others I have had.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BcPqMegeGo1thzGmnphpWGWuNFDXGPMpdhWpzHHJZMOhRb6DIOpT017R6Iq4l1S3