1 2 3 4 5 ... 43
griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
6/2/12 9:15 a.m.

I have a regular work schedule nowadays so I should be good to make the races I'm in. Racerfink is always the ringer we should know that by now, and Brotus7 isn't far behind. Don't get me wrong I love racing with them I just can't keep up.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
6/2/12 10:06 a.m.

Damn. I'll try to get in on the next session. No work tomorrow, so I'll be building and practicing tonight!!! Keep a cracker updated!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/2/12 10:41 a.m.

I'm on all day today and tomorrow! I'm still up in the air on what car to run.

Had a blast last night!!

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
6/2/12 10:47 a.m.

Had a blast last night....even though I had to stop part way through a race (buyer showed up with cash for a 1/4 midget I was selling ). Also found out why nobody could hear me....had coughs my mic muted....

Anyway, the Scion xD is a bit of a pig but I'm getting the tune down on it.

Also did a Kia Cee'D (1:07 Iberian full) and a PT Cruiser...another heavy pig but got the times at Iberian down to a 1:08. Not sure if it's legal for B-Spec though....

Gotta stop tuning front drivers like rear drivers....they don't like that

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/2/12 12:12 p.m.
64chrysler300 wrote: Gotta stop tuning front drivers like rear drivers....they don't like that

I did that in real life once. Had the toe backasswards in the front on my Corrado. Made for an interesting weekend.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/2/12 12:39 p.m.

Just finished up my paint work on the Spark

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
6/2/12 1:25 p.m.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/2/12 1:40 p.m.

I had a Mazda 2 so I built it and ran a few laps @ Iberian Full and found out just how good you guys are. Even after a little tuning I still couldn't get lower than 1:07s. Regardless of my shortcomings I'm excited about entering the series. I know I should improve with more experience. Hey, someone has to come in last.

I love the design work you guys have been doing. That was what drew me to buy an Xbox and the game. I took a little time to look that over and to me it seems quite complicated at this time. So, I just painted the Enkeis black and hoped to find an old school circle white "meatball" to go on the sides but didn't see it available. Time for that later.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/2/12 1:47 p.m.

You guys are making me wish I had an XBox right now......

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
6/2/12 2:10 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: You guys are making me wish I had an XBox right now......

I wonder if Gamestop sells them used(?)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/2/12 2:17 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: I had a Mazda 2 so I built it and ran a few laps @ Iberian Full and found out just how good you guys are. Even after a little tuning I still couldn't get lower than 1:07s. Regardless of my shortcomings I'm excited about entering the series. I know I should improve with more experience. Hey, someone has to come in last. I love the design work you guys have been doing. That was what drew me to buy an Xbox and the game. I took a little time to look that over and to me it seems quite complicated at this time. So, I just painted the Enkeis black and hoped to find an old school circle white "meatball" to go on the sides but didn't see it available. Time for that later.

The paint/decal booth takes some getting used to, but it's amazing what you can do with just a few shapes. The trick to it is by using the layering process--it's a whole lot easier than trying to "draw" the shape you want with random pieces.

A meatball would be a good start for practice..I'd use just a basic black solid circle (I think it's in a menu called "primitives"), put a white circle the same size over the top of it. Now reduce the size of the white circle the same on both the X and Y axis until you have a black border around the white. The black circle is still there, of course, but the white one covers most of it. You end up with a nice tidy ring, without having to find a "ring section" and park it around a circle. Once you get used to thinking in "covering" things, instead of "drawing" them, you'll get the hang of it quite easily.

Don't know if you can see it on the pic of my Fit, but I actually did a tribute to Bolus & Snopes' old mule (was his name Jack?) on the hood. The "creatures" set had a horse's head, and I found a couple of random shapes in the other menus that I could distort (using the "size" and "skew" functions) into looking reasonably like mule ears. Once you get used to it, the paint function can be a game all by itself. Look at some of the cars in the Marketplace--they can be intimidating..but the guy/gal who made it doesn't have any more tools in the box than you do.

Some of them seem to have a whole lot more patience than I do, though..

EDIT: pic.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/2/12 2:48 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:

Craigslist, someone is always desperate for money on there.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/2/12 2:52 p.m.

Buy a 250Gb slim model though. You'll be much more happy.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
6/2/12 3:35 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
poopshovel wrote:

I stopped into Gamestop last night. $149.99 will get you a used 360.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/2/12 3:54 p.m.

The memory is the most important thing. A 4gig "basic" 360 won't even let you load the 2nd disc for the game.

EDIT: The Fit was slo. So I figured it was party time at Ford.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/2/12 4:30 p.m.

I just ran a 1:52.676 with the Fit at Sonoma full. Just got to resist the urge to downshift.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/2/12 4:37 p.m.

I was terrible at Summit Point. 1:55.8 or something like that in the Yaris. Terrible...

DukeOfUndersteer
6/2/12 4:42 p.m.

I have to find a good brake marker at Sears Point before the ess's. There is no good visual marker.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/2/12 4:55 p.m.

I started using the sign up and to the left. There is a white one that is about 6 or so from the end. As it hit my A pillar, I start braking. I don't know how I will do it in the Fiesta since it is RHD.

BARNCA
BARNCA HalfDork
6/2/12 5:23 p.m.

wh they had it for wii

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/2/12 5:50 p.m.

A few shots from one of our races last night. This one was from Road Atlanta.

Coming out of turn one at the start.

Coming down the hill to end the first lap.

Just a little bit offline in the esses.

Brakes just slow you down.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/2/12 5:55 p.m.
racerfink wrote: A few shots from one of our races last night. This one was from Road Atlanta. Just a little bit offline in the esses.

Haha. I had a big cross-up, going into 3 with some lift off oversteer. Decided to take the escape/motorcycle route, forgot Forza slows it like quicksand!

racerfink
racerfink Dork
6/2/12 5:56 p.m.

Slip angles.

Getting ready to put a little pressure on Fried for the lead.

10 more B-specs would look good!

Got the run I needed on Fried.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/2/12 6:02 p.m.
griffin729 wrote:
Anti-stance wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
I stopped into Gamestop last night. $149.99 will get you a used 360.

Not bad..................oh wait, you have to pay for a subscription to do online stuff with the XBox, correct?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
6/2/12 6:05 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

That is the worst part imho.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3wGfu6xUYxceZoFnm5U5WFJdfiQgsjhuJSkxTEw86YDaa5fXs5OnUCMZJdBeEGtZ