Opus
Opus HalfDork
4/22/09 6:02 p.m.

Went to GT5 Prolog car listing and saw that there were 3 cars added that I did not have in my game. Does anyone know if there is a way to down load the newer cars to the existing game or am I destined to play GT4 until the full version of GT5 comes out who knows when.. I have completed the game (except the F1 car that would take at least 61 more races)

Thanks

Yes, I miss spelled Prologue

RexSeven
RexSeven HalfDork
4/22/09 6:11 p.m.

I think you at least need a PlayStation Network account and your PS3 must be hooked up to the Internet. The game should either download the updates automatically, or there will be an option somewhere to download updates.

You can't do the USB thumbstick update like you can for the PS3's firmware. It sucks because I can't hook my PS3 up to the Internet, and I want the updates and DLC for GT5P, Killzone 2, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Opus
Opus HalfDork
4/23/09 12:10 a.m.

Thanks, the wireless usually craps out before it can fully update. I now have another reason to turn it back on

Will
Will Reader
4/23/09 10:27 a.m.

Is GT5 EVER going to actually come out?

Duke
Duke Dork
4/23/09 10:31 a.m.

It's a GT game. Don't sweat it until you hear it is actually on sale.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
4/24/09 12:26 a.m.

I have been having fun with dirt and grid in the meantime, with periods of burnout for extra carnage.

Opus
Opus HalfDork
4/24/09 1:09 a.m.

Thanks, I enabled my internet and put the game in. 20 minutes later, I had the new cars. As for the full version, I found this while trying to answer my previous question here

It says ...

"There are many winds blowing in the air right now, and every one of them is telling its own tale.

First wind whispers that final reunion will happen thirty nights before twelve months pass and that all winds from the whole world will reunite in the same moment for the first time.

Second wind says there will be more than half of dozen hundreds birds flying in the beginning of the reunion on almost eight dozen of skypaths, and some of the birds will come from the past reunion just resembling the looks of the newborn birds.

Third tale says that for the first time ever skypaths will not be just solid and already known but that new skypaths will be built by birdtamers from the parts of existing skypaths.

Fourth wind is talking that birdtamers will reunite in numbers greater than ever and will be granted with ability to talk to each other, make guilds and alliances with undisputed freedom.

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers.

Sixth wind is telling the tale about different reunion but almost the same as known one, smaller only for the eyes of those who do not want to see it in its whole glory. That different reunion will not happen in the realm same as the known one, but in the different realm which still has not been uncovered to the birdtamers. That realm will resemble realm already known but it will be divine new and made in the image of it.

All those birds, skypaths and birdtamers from all realms will unite for the Feast. And as it is already known, it will be the Feast of the Gods. "

Rough translation could be... - Simultaneous worldwide GT5 release March 2010. (12 months - 30 days)

• 600 cars and 96 tracks, some of which are modelled from previous releases.

• Customizable user created tracks

• Multiplayer with voice chat, clan/team support

• Two versions to be released. One full version - more expensive, one cheaper, but able to download and customise what is required. eg Blu Ray/PSN editions?

• Another platform release - one that "has not been uncovered". PSP2 perhaps?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/24/09 3:31 a.m.

I heard Dirt 2 is on it's way...

Duke
Duke Dork
4/24/09 6:25 a.m.

The user that posted the "winds" story is a Sony insider from central Europe, and always knows what he's talking about. He's got a no-reveal clause in his contract, however, that prevents him from posting the direct information.

I'm getting interested, but as always with PD, I'll believe it's on sale when I see the boxes on the shelf.

Opus
Opus HalfDork
4/24/09 9:49 a.m.
Duke wrote: The user that posted the "winds" story is a Sony insider from central Europe, and always knows what he's talking about. He's got a no-reveal clause in his contract, however, that prevents him from posting the direct information. I'm getting interested, but as always with PD, I'll believe it's on sale when I see the boxes on the shelf.

agreed. That is why I picked GT4 back up now that it plays on my PS3.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
4/24/09 12:41 p.m.

Dirt 2 is known to be on the way, still have not finished the first one up, I got distracted with Grid back in March

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XOT1KiHNCZtU3xP99zzAkhf7CUHv5kFdbRjdesST2e7YnS9nGnYR5YAgD9RIyWBg