1 2
kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/8/18 11:37 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
bobzilla said:

For the record I actually like Bare Naked Ladies. 

Well for the record I love them.

.Oh, you were talking music.  Didn't' realzie

Wasn't there a "dad joke" thread a while back?  If so, you need to update it.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/8/18 12:23 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Adrian_Thompson is apparently a huge Bryan Adams fan. Who knew? 

Oooh.  

That cuts like a knife. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/8/18 1:26 p.m.
kazoospec said:
Adrian_Thompson said:
bobzilla said:

For the record I actually like Bare Naked Ladies. 

Well for the record I love them.

.Oh, you were talking music.  Didn't' realzie

Wasn't there a "dad joke" thread a while back?  If so, you need to update it.

Side story.  Back when I was first here before BNL were well known a friend, his girlfriend and another couple went over to Windsor to see them.  Coming back across the border in the wee hours, the person in the booth asked where they'd been 'To see the Bare naked Ladies'  The guy in the booth's head about exploded 'with your girlfriends!'  Much laughter ensued.  

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/8/18 2:32 p.m.

Run to you is a great song. So is Heaven. His Unplugged is great.

The best thing that I ever saw him do was play Young Lust at the Pink Floyd Wall - Berlin Wall thing in 1990. He's a talented dude. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/8/18 3:38 p.m.

Best Canadian band most Americans haven't heard of?

The Tragically Hip  hands down (for me at least)   Bummer is the lead singer died about a year ago.   Great band--- couldn't go a few hours in Toronto without hearing them on the radio.  

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
11/8/18 5:04 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

The Tragically Hip  hands down (for me at least)   Bummer is the lead singer died about a year ago.   Great band--- couldn't go a few hours in Toronto without hearing them on the radio.  

OMG DUDE, YEEEESSSSSS!!!! I had no clue the singer died though. :/

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/8/18 5:42 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

Devin Townsend. Not technically a band but I'm saying it counts.

dclafleur
dclafleur New Reader
11/8/18 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin :

I started listening to them as a kid in the 90's when they appeared on SNL

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/18 10:45 p.m.

We need to start a Canadian bands you'be never heard of (but probably should ) thread.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/18 7:13 a.m.

I like the content on velocity but not enough to pay more for it. 

I am thinking of calling my cable company to see if they will be discounting my cable bill because of the loss of content. 

And since I don’t have a computer attached to my tv in my family room ( or any other tv in my house). watching Motortrend will be a PITA. 

There business model must say that this is profitable but for my demographic it will probably mean a loss of views. I can only assume they are going for the younger viewers that don’t mind squinting at a 4” screen. 

This makes me wonder how long the chip foose generation of builders will remain relevant. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/9/18 7:29 a.m.
Appleseed said:

We need to start a Canadian bands you'be never heard of (but probably should ) thread.

How about a 'Canadian bands you have heard of, but probably never should have' thread?  Then I can be rude about RUSH again devil

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/9/18 9:30 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

You can stream it easily via Bluetooth, use an HDMI cable, load the app onto Roku, Apple TV, Chrome, or Fire TV.  You can use it on X Box.  MTod Options

I have used several of the above, and currently stream on a Firestick.  I am older than you are, and have never had cable, but between Prime, MT and Netflix, i pay far less than cable tv, and have never felt that I needed the glut of useless programming that is on most of cable.

Oh, and Foose never was a "builder", though he can draw cool cars. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/9/18 9:43 a.m.
Cooter said:

Oh, and Foose never was a "builder", though he can draw cool cars. 

I'm not always a fan of his style, but after growing up in his dad's shop he definitely knows how to build.

Getting back on topic, Velocity just premiered a new show this last week, about Steve Strope's shop Pure Vision.  He has kind of a goofy personality, but I do like the cars he turns out.  The show has some of that built in drama about deadlines like they all do, but it's not bad.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/9/18 10:24 a.m.

I pay for MTOD and am happy with what I get.  The only thing that I am not pleased with is that none of the live motorsport events play through the Roku app.  I have to use another device and port it to the TV, maybe with this change they will fix that.

dean1484
11/9/18 6:04 p.m.

All this porting and roko adn stuff just nope.  You sit down turn on the TV and watch TV.  I don't want to have to jump thorough 100 steps and cables and what not just to watch velocity/MTN.  There content really is not worth the effort and I sure as hell am not going to pay more for it on top of my cable bill.  Like I said if Verizon Fios is willing to discount my cable by the equivalent amount I will consider it and since they are loosing content and I am loosing content they should give me some other content to make up for it or decrees my bill.  I think I am going to actually call them and see how they are going to Handel it.  This should be fun  LOL

dean1484
11/9/18 6:33 p.m.

So I called them and they don't know about the change yet.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/18 6:37 p.m.
dean1484 said:

All this porting and roko adn stuff just nope.  You sit down turn on the TV and watch TV.  I don't want to have to jump thorough 100 steps and cables and what not just to watch velocity/MTN.  There content really is not worth the effort and I sure as hell am not going to pay more for it on top of my cable bill.  Like I said if Verizon Fios is willing to discount my cable by the equivalent amount I will consider it and since they are loosing content and I am loosing content they should give me some other content to make up for it or decrees my bill.  I think I am going to actually call them and see how they are going to Handel it.  This should be fun  LOL

Uh, that's what I do with my Roku.  Turn the TV on, use the remote to select the channel (App) I want to watch and go.  You're making it sound harder than it actually is.

So fire up the Hulu, Amazone or YouTube channel and watch whatever looks interesting.  MToD of course has a Channel for Roku.  There are some ongoing Roku sales right now.

A couple hundred bucks per year for Hulu, PBS and Amazon Prime takes care of most of what I want to watch.  I haven't paid for cable in almost a decade.

dean1484
11/10/18 8:08 a.m.
Stefan said:
dean1484 said:

Uh, that's what I do with my Roku.  Turn the TV on, use the remote to select the channel (App) I want to watch and go.  You're making it sound harder than it actually is.

So fire up the Hulu, Amazone or YouTube channel and watch whatever looks interesting.  MToD of course has a Channel for Roku.  There are some ongoing Roku sales right now.

A couple hundred bucks per year for Hulu, PBS and Amazon Prime takes care of most of what I want to watch.  I haven't paid for cable in almost a decade.

I have to check your math as if that is the case dumping cable makes a ton of sense.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/10/18 8:23 a.m.

Wait...Strope is on TV? I might pay for that. He has a honest goofy personality that isn't forced. And he builds really cool cars. Alot of what ifs. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/10/18 8:32 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Wait...Strope is on TV? I might pay for that. He has a honest goofy personality that isn't forced. And he builds really cool cars. Alot of what ifs. 

It's called Hand Built Hot Rods.  Tuesday nights on Velocity at 10pm eastern time.  The first episode was last week, about a 1957 Ford two door Ranch Wagon.  They'll finish up the car on this coming Tuesday's show.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M4fVWAS7VueW1t5iS33Wm0XNLWrgurxvmCnmNuhO1RTz82ROhjM95CbHKkdnn2hJ