1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/18 9:52 a.m.

Actually, don't waste your time.  I am not open minded on this subject, they are better, Georgia can suck it, end of story.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/13/18 11:07 a.m.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/13/18 11:15 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Do you also prefer Colorado peaches over ones from Georgia?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/13/18 11:25 a.m.

Theres no better peaches than Georgia.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/13/18 11:32 a.m.

I don't care where the peanuts come from, but if you boil them, you might as well just throw them directly into the landfill.

You can't change my mind.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/13/18 11:38 a.m.

Shouldn't that say "...in a legumeshell..."?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/13/18 11:40 a.m.
Duke said:

I don't care where the peanuts come from, but if you boil them, you might as well just throw them directly into the landfill.

You can't change my mind.

hear hear!!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/13/18 12:48 p.m.
Duke said:

I never figured that out either.  Blechh.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/18 1:48 p.m.

There are many people in this thread that are WRONG!

Your minds should not be changed, but replaced. laugh

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
4/13/18 1:59 p.m.

Virginia peanuts are so dramatically superior that ordinary peanuts cower in their inferiority and embarrassment.  I'm sure you've heard of "peanuts envy" - its a thing.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/13/18 2:38 p.m.

I don't care where they come from or how they're prepared, peanuts all taste like crap.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
4/13/18 3:24 p.m.

There is a small town grocery store here that brings in a barrel of peanuts in the shell every year just before Christmas.  I have no idea where they are from, but they are certainly from thousands of miles away.  They are fresh, crunchy and fabulous, and my shop floor ends up covered in shells when I buy a big bag of them. 

So, then, is there an actual difference between peanuts from Virginia and elsewhere, or is this just local bigotry?

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
4/13/18 3:35 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

So, then, is there an actual difference between peanuts from Virginia and elsewhere, or is this just local bigotry?

Click - The National Peanut Board sez...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/18 3:39 p.m.

I got these at a store called luckys in clermont florida. They were interesting. And yes, you eat the shell. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/13/18 3:56 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

You are correct!  Virginia Peanuts are truly superior.  I've had some from Bertie County, NC that come pretty close.  Must be something about that particular part of the world that is perfect for growing peanuts.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/13/18 4:49 p.m.

Nope.  Your nuts are bigger, but that does not make them better.  We have the trophy.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
4/13/18 4:59 p.m.
bludroptop said:
Streetwiseguy said:

Click - The National Peanut Board sez...

Which begs the question- Virginia peanuts appear to be more a breed than a location.  Can they be grown in, say, Georgia?  If they are, then are Virginia Virginia peanuts better than Georgia Virginia peanuts?

This is fun.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/18 5:02 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

No, I prefer Chambersburg peaches, whether that be Chambersburg Maryland or PA, I couldn't say though. 

In fairness I've never had a Colorado peach, could someone throw a couple in a flat rate box with some dry ice for me?

On the peanut topic though, I stand with Duke. As long as they aren't boiled, they're fine no matter the home state. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/13/18 5:50 p.m.
RevRico said:
T.J. said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

No, I prefer Chambersburg peaches, whether that be Chambersburg Maryland or PA, I couldn't say though. 

In fairness I've never had a Colorado peach, could someone throw a couple in a flat rate box with some dry ice for me?

On the peanut topic though, I stand with Duke. As long as they aren't boiled, they're fine no matter the home state. 

I've lived most of my life within 45 minutes of Chambersburg and I swear I've only ever heard of Chambersburg peaches being a thing since I met SWMBO's family, who are from your neck of the woods. Is this a western PA thing or something? Weird to me also because the next county east of Chambersburg is where there are a E36 M3 ton of orchards. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/18 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

It must be. They make a big deal about it at the grocery store, but every fruit stand in Indiana, Westmoreland, and Fayette County I've ever driven by always has big signs for them. 

Just something I grew up on out here, always juicy and sweet and readily available. 

And now I miss the fruit tours in the East Bay. Where we lived in Antioch had maps to all the farms with schedules for what fruits and veggies would be ready and available at every farm from March to October. Go out early Saturday mornings with $50 and come home with a bushel of fresh picked everything. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
4/13/18 6:08 p.m.

Wait, what does everyone have against boiled peanuts.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/18 6:09 p.m.
RevRico said:
T.J. said:

In reply to pinchvalve :

Its chambersburg pa and hagerstown Maryland. I bought a car in one and had it delivered to the other. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/18 6:11 p.m.
minivan_racer said:

Wait, what does everyone have against boiled peanuts.

I am willing to bet most of them grew up further north of the Mason dixon than you.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
4/13/18 6:13 p.m.

I grew up in Hagerstown MD. I know nothing of these peaches

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
4/13/18 6:53 p.m.

The only thing good that came out of living in Bloomington, Illinois for 7 years was finding: https://beernuts.com/

Free shipping... to our new home in Virginia.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dzEWRQHvmRr9lKS9jJW5K4h6bSb6SBZtQ7gqQi5V9y88ahwonaL8WUWSSzQ6GMOh