Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
4/9/18 12:02 p.m.

As the title states we're going to be in Limerick Maine from Sept 13th to the 17th. We'll be attending a riding seminar during the day but would like some ideas on where to go to get a decent meal. My Wife and I enjoy seafood and I understand we'll be there during peak lobster season. Is there any particular place that you'd recommend within easy driving distance? Not looking for a chain or anything fancy, we'll be tired and smell like horse by the end of each day.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/9/18 12:19 p.m.

go to portland for fun if you can... such a great city.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/18 12:39 p.m.

There once was a girl from Nantucket. .......

Wait wrong Limerick. smiley

HFmaxi
HFmaxi New Reader
4/9/18 1:04 p.m.

if you don't want the drive to Portland there's probably something in Biddeford / Saco that will work just fine.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
4/9/18 2:50 p.m.

Portland is nice, but parking downtown sucks and it's increasingly overrun with tourists and hipsters. September will probably have the additional inflow of cruise ship day tourists. I'd avoid it unless you were staying in town and could walk everywhere. Saco, Biddeford, Kennebunkport, or any of the other small towns along the coast should afford some dining options. For lobster, go to the Lobster Shack at Perkins Cove in Ogunquit, or the Ramp at Cape Porpoise outside Kennebunkport.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/18 3:55 p.m.

Will there be a man from Nantucket?

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/9/18 4:33 p.m.
dean1484 said:

DAMMIT! Beat me to it!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/18 4:38 p.m.
poopshovel again said:
dean1484 said:

DAMMIT! Beat me to it!

Me too, apparently. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
4/9/18 8:19 p.m.

http://gotransam.com/drivers/Tom-West/4864

I've seen this car when Trans Am used to come to Limerock.  I think the "limerick machine company" is in Maine.   Never been there, don't know where to eat, but RACECAR!

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/18/18 3:42 p.m.

What are you looking for?  We might also  be having a race in Brunswick.  I'm not sure.  I'll get back to you.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/19/18 11:16 a.m.

Web search for Limerick  Maine,   things to do, places to eat.   QED

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4JOxBatT0wNwAsAQV8ydeBXt5ar5XjoKJ5uAWXVD6SyOU0tscHfQTVC1kvfAkOnm