Doc_1
Doc_1 None
9/27/08 11:02 p.m.

I have given this A LOT of thought. I have decided to register in Louisiana. This will allow me to vote at least twice. I figure I am going to vote for each candidate at least two or three times. Thus throwing away my vote in a creative way. It is my way of being part of the entertainment.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/29/08 12:53 p.m.

Lol. What is going on in louisiana?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/08 1:06 p.m.

This is very interesting first post to the forums. Welcome!

I am definately going to vote, as long as I can have a paper ballot. Otherwise I am going on a shooting spree.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
9/29/08 1:19 p.m.

Heck, come to Ohio and vote tomorrow.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/08/13/Ohio_voting.html

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/08 7:40 p.m.

Just be careful if you venture out on election day

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26959100

CHICAGO - Could voting for president be hazardous to your health? An analysis of Election Day traffic deaths dating back to Jimmy Carter's 1976 win suggests yes, but the authors say that's no reason not to go to the polls. The study found that on average, 24 more people died in car crashes during voting hours on presidential election days than on other October and November Tuesdays. That amounts to an 18 percent increased risk of death. And compared with non-election days, an additional 800 people suffered disabling injuries. The researchers looked at traffic-related deaths during polling hours on presidential Election Days and the two Tuesdays before and afterward over 30 years. There were 3,417 total deaths, including 1,265 on election days. The Election Day average was 158, versus 134 on the other Tuesdays. The crashes involved drivers, passengers and pedestrians. Redelmeier said the data don't indicate where drivers were going when crashes occurred, but that the increase in number during polling hours suggests they were voting-related.

/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZnL0HNdgRsjL6tx5oYJk9mB4P5AiK57sjkF055guCbwJQKcErqSMuqYhRueRp4MZ