1 ... 3 4 5
DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/18/08 11:55 a.m.

Holy cow!! 1,000 remumes!?!? I was wondering how many people answered the ad for the position I got. BTW, any of you that are looking for work happen to be looking for a tech writing position?? I got a call this morning, AM General is looking for a tech writer. I have heard that they are a good company to work for. If you are interested, PM me and I'll pass along the contact info I got.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
9/21/08 9:07 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Holy cow!! 1,000 remumes!?!? I was wondering how many people answered the ad for the position I got. BTW, any of you that are looking for work happen to be looking for a tech writing position?? I got a call this morning, AM General is looking for a tech writer. I have heard that they are a good company to work for. If you are interested, PM me and I'll pass along the contact info I got.

wouldn't speaking miltarese be a requirement to?

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/21/08 12:27 p.m.

No, just beneficial according to the ad.

924guy
924guy HalfDork
9/21/08 1:44 p.m.

shook my head reading through this thread, its pretty clear many are in the some same boat. I'm living off a cumulative 65% less income than i did just 5 years ago. after loosing a job and having to take one with 30% less pay (and twice as much work), and living expenses increasing about 35% (fuel,food,taxes, insurance.) I have also seriously thought about walking away, and i don't have a voodoo mortgage either. its a pretty hard blow when you have a basic spec home and find out its suddenly worth 100k less now than it was 2 years ago (and it wasnt worth allot to begin with!) but value is unimportant if there are no buyers anyway, so i try not to sweat it too much. Most of my home expenses are add ons due to taxes and insurance, cant do much about insurance expense except shop around, but taxes can be reassessed to reflect current market values. Mine have been, and after this tax year ends my house taxes should be reduced by almost 2/3rds, that's a couple hundred a month i wont have to pay... so something to look into for those who are getting creamed by over inflated assessments done over the past few years during the "boom." . another option may be simply having someone take over the house, kind of like taking over the lease on a car.. there are still allot of people out there that can afford a house but just dont have the credit rating to qualify for a loan, who knows... while these arent answers for the original issues here, maybe some ideas will help some a little bit.. Im stuck for now, but I still consider myself fortunate, ive been in much worse situations and survived, and this too shall pass i hope...

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LgXl6gZ9LRoEOun7CsO5T8B0f0zO2TbY4oqP7iASPO3ZuAu7rC9pNdEFuZB92Gtn