1 2 3 4
QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/18 10:53 a.m.

Mile 13008.

Stereo upgrades essentially complete, I removed the Lanzar 6.5" subs and put 6.5" MB Quart coaxials in  all four locations. Using the Lanzar amp to power each channel to 2 ohm and run in high pass mode from about 190hz up really makes a huge difference. The Massive Audio Boom88 subwoofer mounted on the rear door is an impressive addition, I do wish they built a 10" version of the sub with a bit more wattage but this does the job perfectly well. I strongly recommend the MB Quarts on any stock or slightly higher powered system with drop in 6.5s and the Boom88 at $100 should be a factory option it's an awesome addition to the stock stereo.

Why is the TPMS set for 35psi? Seriously? No really, seriously?

Made a deal on the used 3" lift but nothing can be done until he does his new lift. Until then I wait.

Pics tho!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/31/18 11:02 a.m.

What didn't work with the lanzars?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/18 11:21 a.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Yes, the TPMS sensors suck. When I put 33s and new wheels on my Jeep, I wanted to keep the TPMS function so I bought genuine FCA sensors (not cheap!) and then used my Diablosport i1000DCX to set the threshold pressure to 22psi since I was running 29-30psi.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get them to accept the new threshold. I got tired of the TPMS light and chime so I turned the TPMS function off using my tuner.

TL,DR: The TPMS on Wranglers suck ass. Just turn it off if using custom wheels/tires.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/18 12:21 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

They would have been fine but I got a great deal on the 4 MB Quarts. I'll be using the Lanzars in the Focus.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S7ciN1di2obVGE6bSzPXxA2OnlrpLIPtUxBI3LlT0NCWZlSJsiWt45BUGOX9PsmH