1 2 3 4 5 6
Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/3/14 9:33 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: I watched movie 43 last week and while it was bad it was way better than cloud atlas. Worst of all time will always be surf Nazis must die. Even if you go into it hoping for a bad movie it will disappoint you.

Wow that takes me back. We watched all the Troma movies in high school. Every 10th rental was free. We would save the free ones for the Troma stuff. Even had a clerk ask if we really wanted to rent one of them because it was so bad. Might have been Surf Nazis.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
3/3/14 9:37 p.m.

This is the last really bad movie I watched. Really bad even for a Nick Cage flick. It didn't make any sense at all. And production was B-movie quality at best.

I tried watching The Brothers Grim the other night on cable. I jumped out.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/14 10:41 p.m.

Holy balls was I so bored that halfway through this movie I started drinking profusely.

It only got worse from there.

Other than that, put me down for Iron Sky, any of the Twilight movies, and Napolean Dynamite (in that order).

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/3/14 10:50 p.m.

Could not be more stereotypical of a chick flick, but with even less real world logic. I don't know who writes this stuff, but they obviously don't know how guy's brains work. That, or they know their market and what that market wants to see in a movie. I'm guessing probably both.

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
3/3/14 10:52 p.m.

Stupidest dumbest movie I've ever seen.

"Rubber is a 2010 French comedy film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with its psychic powers. It was directed and written by Quentin Dupieux. The film was shown at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival."

I thought Cannes was supposed to be for good movies?

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/3/14 11:03 p.m.

but could you watch all the way to the end?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/3/14 11:17 p.m.

Aaaaah! Zombies. Find it. TRUST ME.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
3/3/14 11:39 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: Stupidest dumbest movie I've ever seen. "Rubber is a 2010 French comedy film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with its psychic powers. It was directed and written by Quentin Dupieux. The film was shown at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival." I thought Cannes was supposed to be for good movies?

I dont know man. I couldn't take my eyes off rubber. At no point in the duration of that film did I have any clue what the hell was going on but i also couldn't turn away from it.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz Reader
3/4/14 12:12 a.m.

I would have really felt like I had wasted my time if I weren't watching it with a friend and making fun of things.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
3/4/14 12:19 a.m.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/4/14 12:49 a.m.
Ditchdigger wrote:
fritzsch wrote: Stupidest dumbest movie I've ever seen. "Rubber is a 2010 French comedy film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with its psychic powers. It was directed and written by Quentin Dupieux. The film was shown at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival." I thought Cannes was supposed to be for good movies?
I dont know man. I couldn't take my eyes off rubber. At no point in the duration of that film did I have any clue what the hell was going on but i also couldn't turn away from it.

Hey, I kind of dug rubber!

a lot better than "The Car"

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/4/14 12:54 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Last really really bad movie we saw was _Gravity_. What a POS. *insert synopsis here*

Hey Hess, thanks for the spoiler warning.
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/4/14 4:51 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: The only 3 movies that I absolutely cannot sit through are Easy Rider, Napoleon Dynamite and that piece of crap with Frank N. Furter. Anything else I can find redeeming features- I try to watch Flesh Gordon whenever its available.

Napoleon Dynamite is totally worth it if you can make it to the dance scene at the end - completely vindicates the rest of the movie.

Worst movie I think I've ever seen is Nude Nuns with Big Guns. My wife made me watch it thanks to Raymond the Amish Comic. Ugh. I do not really have time to waste on terrible movies so when my wife makes me watch one I'm none too happy. My selections, however, are impeccable.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/14 9:08 a.m.

Surprised to see so many obscure movies I've seen in here! Is this what hipsters crave?

Some movies that don't take themselves seriously to the point of almost being bad but are entertaining enough to be good:

Shoot 'em Up, Iron Sky, Pacific Rim (loads of silly fun!). I'd like to think Pacific Rim very cleverly delivered an environmental message too, but I have trouble believing it was intentional.

I'd say Rubber and Napoleon Dynamite too...they're similar in that they're funny but so slow-paced that they're almost hard to watch.

Also happy to see I made the right decision to skip Gravity and Cloud Atlas.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/4/14 9:16 a.m.

Jeez, Gravity wasn't THAT bad! The visual effects alone were worth the price of admission, IMO. Yes, the plot was simple, but so what? I'm not saying it deserves the acclaim it's getting, but I'm sensing a bit of a backlash here......

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/4/14 9:32 a.m.

Yeah, it wasn't bad at all. Just not up to the hype. Visually incredible, but otherwise rather meh. Different casting would have helped. I love Sandra Bullock, but not in that role.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
3/4/14 9:41 a.m.

I was totally prepared to not like Cloud Atlas , but I actually enjoyed it. The "every actor is in every vignette" bit was a little forced, but it worked.

Hess, Hobo With A Shotgun actually was actually never intended to be a real movie. It was just a fake trailer in Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse entry Planet Terror . But it got a lot of enthusiastic support, so they went ahead and made it a feature.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
3/4/14 10:59 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Holy balls was I so bored that halfway through this movie I started drinking profusely. It only got worse from there. Other than that, put me down for Iron Sky, any of the Twilight movies, and Napolean Dynamite (in that order).

Yup, this was terrible but I finished it.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/4/14 11:05 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Hey, I kind of dug rubber! a lot better than "The Car"

Looks familiar:

I bet in "The Car" nobody ever says "bite my shiny metal ass" even once.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/4/14 11:11 a.m.

Prometheus had fantastic special effects but some of the scenes were so bad... like when Charlize Theron gets run over by the rolling spaceship. I sat there and said to myself 'Is that the best Ridley Scott could come up with?'.

The remake of 'Flight of the Phoenix' sucked.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
3/4/14 11:13 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: .....Shoot 'em Up, Iron Sky, Pacific Rim (loads of silly fun!)....

Iron Sky! That totally fits in here. Great concept (Nazi's on the moon), but if you think about it, pretty impossible to make into a decent movie (pretty good plot for a video game though).

(not sure why the swastika is backwards)

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/4/14 11:15 a.m.
Rufledt wrote: This one is meant to be ridiculous, and it succeeds. Moon dwelling space Nazis from the dark side of the moon, a drink that 'aryanizes' a guy, an oblivious woman who misunderstands what neo-nazis believe, and so on. Actually cool looking CG, though.

I forgot about that movie. Loved the Sarah Palin impersonation.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/4/14 11:16 a.m.

I went and saw rifftracks live do Manos Hand of Fate a couple years ago, and the intro had those 'movie factoids' like they have before normal movies, but funny. One was "Joss Whedon. (Hold more minutes of thunderous applause)"

Another said "The makers of the movie Prometheus actually forgot to include the part of the movie where it makes sense"

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/4/14 11:17 a.m.
chknhwk wrote:
Streetwiseguy wrote: The only 3 movies that I absolutely cannot sit through are Easy Rider, Napoleon Dynamite and that piece of crap with Frank N. Furter. Anything else I can find redeeming features- I try to watch Flesh Gordon whenever its available.
Napoleon Dynamite is totally worth it if you can make it to the dance scene at the end - completely vindicates the rest of the movie. Worst movie I think I've ever seen is Nude Nuns with Big Guns. My wife made me watch it thanks to Raymond the Amish Comic. Ugh. I do not really have time to waste on terrible movies so when my wife makes me watch one I'm none too happy. My selections, however, are impeccable.

when I used to run the RTO store, I asked in the interview if people had seen Napoleon Dynamite and if they liked it. If they said yes/yes, no hire.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/4/14 11:26 a.m.

This thread's gone 3 pages and not one mention of anything by Ed Wood? Robot Monster? Plan 9 from outer space? Come ON!!

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ql9eeBhe5m4mEPgd41Y55cb4KiqMWvEaf6L5Du55wzg3kZXG7yxYlHP16pprGYAp