Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/19/18 11:03 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I'm in the same boat you are, I'm 35 and have as many can openers as I need 

You can also start an Amazon registry and not fill it with household stuff

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/19/18 9:35 p.m.

When my bride and I got married 20+ years ago (her second marriage after loosing her first to cancer, my first),  we rented a small restaurant overlooking the beach.  The size of the restaurant dictated the number of guests - about 125.  We only invited the folks we really wanted to have there.  Had a string quartette and a sit down meal with beer and wine.  If people wanted something stronger, there was a bar attached to the restaurant.

We were into the whole thing for about $2K

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/18 12:30 a.m.

When we got married we paid for most of it and both had large families.  We were married in the church she's attended all her life and then had a reception at the VFW.  We spent a fair amount on a DJ she had seen at another wedding and it was money well spent.  He was fun, kept the party moving, and was very professional.  One thing we did that I wasn't sure was going to work was have a cash bar.  We both have some problem drinkers, are not big drinkers ourselves, and had guests traveling long distances.  Some people made it known that our gift was smaller as a result but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and we didn't need the police or ems.  We could not have asked for it to go better.  

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
4/20/18 7:40 p.m.

Married my wife 11 years ago when I was 30. Her parents covered the whole shebang and I still don't know, nor do I want to know, what it cost. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.  I heard from guests that the wedding and reception were great, but it was all one busy blur to me (and I wasn't drinking!).

If she has been dreaming about the perfect wedding for years, you are just along for the ride, and to fill a tux...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OQwImWY9ByBUEcW0FEHW4YtN9uNv2s7UDvPMEkga0q2fO8BxnOjsI1rPqozgg03N