1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/16 10:15 a.m.

sounds good! maybe do a larger batch split between the barrel and something else, then you can compare after aging both.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/4/16 11:42 a.m.

I am going to ask the distillery about aging a partially full cask. If I can, I will start bottling when I start liking the drink, and then just keep going in small batches.

It's a pretty interesting experiment, and I found this whole small barrel industry that I had no idea existed! I knew down to 5 gallons was around when I was more into the wine thing. But never really thought about the 3L barrel was a thing. Turns out, it's there. Opening a whole new thing I can play with.

Gary
Gary Dork
8/5/16 3:17 p.m.

Yes, it's Friday afternoon, so indicates the calendar (even though every afternoon is Friday afternoon for me ... but I don't want to be a ballbuster to the still-working population ). I'm on my first of several of these tall boy 'Gansetts: White Ship IPA And there's a couple bottles of Bordeaux to go with the swordfish I'll grill for Annie and me later.

Happy weekend!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/5/16 3:42 p.m.

I just grabbed a Fat Tire out of the frig. Worked from home today so I'm starting early. Going to watch the Trans Am race. life is okay...

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/5/16 4:33 p.m.

BTW, last week I said I had sold my late parents home. Turned out the guys fiance (why is it always the woman?) decided to re-negotiate a bunch of things that were already agreed upon. So we didn't sign the papers. HOWEVER!!!! We did finally sign the last night, so I'm celebrating tonight!

Gary
Gary Dork
8/5/16 5:32 p.m.

Eggselent! We will drink to that!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/5/16 7:38 p.m.
Gary wrote: Eggselent! We will drink to that!

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
8/9/16 10:37 p.m.

berkeley. It's Tuesday.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/10/16 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/10/16 9:10 a.m.

Second monday this week

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/12/16 9:22 p.m.

My apologies to SilverFleet. I didn't get to Thompson today to see the first day of the 24 Hours of Lemons weekend. Instead, I went to the shore at Annie's request to escape the extreme heat and humidity in Southeastern New England, even though I've said before that I love watching road racing in heat and humidity. And I do ... damn. I hate blaming the wife for these things. But really, domestic tranquility is paramount. So instead we, as a couple, went to a state park called Beavertail (yes, really), on the island of Jamestown, RI in the middle of the Narragansett Bay. It was probably 10-15 degrees cooler than the mainland with a nice onshore breeze. We drank white wine (the little plastic bottles of Chardonnay ) but at least on the way home we stopped at a favorite watering hole in the historic village of Wickford, so I could indulge in a couple proper gin martini's .

Gary
Gary Dork
8/26/16 4:09 p.m.

Friday afternoon. Happy weekend everyone. I'm enjoying a double Beefeater gin and tonic on a hot, humid RI afternoon. Glad I don't work anymore.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
8/26/16 4:43 p.m.

Good friend of mine brought me some libations from The Alchemist as a baby shower gift (he's a good friend). Looking forward to cracking one of those open in a few minutes!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/26/16 4:47 p.m.

We're packing the apartment tonight. I think I'm going to get a 6 pack for this.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/26/16 7:16 p.m.

Oktoberfest tonight! Off to the Put In Bay Road Race Reunion tomorrow for a week! Oh yeah!!!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/16 12:23 a.m.

Was given a bottle of special private stock scotch from a barrel my friend purchased 20 years ago. This should either be really good or really bad.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/7/16 4:47 p.m.

Anyone want to join me?

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/7/16 6:51 p.m.

Dudes, you're falling way behind...

Gary
Gary Dork
10/8/16 8:57 a.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

I'm guilty as charged ... at least of neglecting this thread, but certainly not of neglecting the original premise of it. On Friday afternoon, I enjoyed a couple Blue Moons with lunch sitting outdoors at a restaurant overlooking the Farmington River in Avon, CT.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/16 11:16 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/21/16 8:29 a.m.

Getting this going early today, in hopes that you lazy asses will pick up on it!
My son Brad is coming home from college today for the weekend, so it will be kind of a family night tonight. So I'll just be sipping on some Fat Tire I already have in the frig...and maybe some Jack.
Tomorrow is my twin son's 22 birthday, so we will go out and have some fun then!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/21/16 12:04 p.m.

I've got to go to a rehearsal dinner tonight. I'm not sure if there is alcohol.

I will be bringing a flask just in case.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/21/16 12:25 p.m.

We should have the house to ourselves tonight. Shenanigans shall occur!!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/16 12:55 p.m.

Had a guinness with lunch.

Tonight is date night with my Beautiful wife! I am sure we will have a few drinks.

Gary
Gary Dork
10/21/16 3:55 p.m.

I'm out in Pasadena, CA, and as I write this it's around 2:00 Pacific time. I haven't had an adult beverage yet. I've been drinking orange-flavored water sitting poolside at the Langham Huntington. Later this afternoon I'll be driving over to the Art Center College of Design to deliver my vintage model for the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild reunion exhibit at the car show this weekend. But when I return I'll have a Beefeater martini or two on the hotel veranda. Tomorrow I'll join the other exhibitors on a trip to the remodeled Petersen Museum in downtown LA, and Bruce Meyer's private car collection in Beverly Hills. Sunday is the car show at ACCD. Have a good weekend everybody!

(Incidentally, if anybody reading this lives in the LA area, come to the show on Sunday. It's going to be great this year. The Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild models including mine will be on display in a school building adjacent to the car show. I'll be in there).

ACCD Car Show 2016

More

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u4ygRmBpJKwsyKB0VafEN4JseUZrdPmZ4FjvxZMNeXJLSpRJbnqJ4ENAwGz12wF3