1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27
bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/22/16 8:37 a.m.

In reply to Gary:

Wow, that sounds like a really cool weekend! Hope you have a good time!
My plans changed and we took the boys out for dinner to the Brew Kettle. Good food, good craft beer!

Gary
Gary Dork
10/23/16 10:36 a.m.

Saturday's highlight was seeing Bruce Meyer's private car collection and having a chance to meet him and talk about his cars, including five LeMans winners. He's very personable. His "garage" is actually on the second floor of a building with access by a service alley between Beverly Drive and Rodeo Drive. You'd never know it was there.

I'm looking forward to working at the ACCD car show today.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/24/16 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Gary:

I've always wanted to meet him and see his cars. How about posting a big picture of your model? I remember touring the College of Creative Studies in Detroit with my son and seeing all the student designs and prototypes. I thought to myself that I missed my calling.

Gary
Gary Dork
10/25/16 12:12 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

I'm in SoCal until Nov. 2, but when I get home I'll start a thread in "Trips and Adventures." I'll post some pictures of the Petersen Museum, Bruce Meyer's garage, the ACCD Car Show and some of the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild models, including mine. The student labs at ACCD were open to the public on Sunday. The Transportation Design students had some amazing work on display.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/25/16 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Gary:

Can you PM me when you do that. I don't look there ever.

Gary
Gary Dork
10/25/16 2:44 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Will do.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/28/16 12:13 p.m.

Is it quitting time yet? It's 4:20 somewhere?

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
10/28/16 12:16 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: Is it quitting time yet? It's 4:20 somewhere?

Pretty sure it is somewhere, but I have while until I'm outta here.

Gary
Gary Dork
10/28/16 10:05 p.m.

It's now 8:00 PDT and Annie and I are at the Calla Lily in Palm Springs gulping wine

Calla Lily Palm Springs

(And that view in the website picture is exactly where we're sitting. Life is great).

Gary
Gary Dork
11/18/16 12:11 p.m.

Taking a short break from doing fall cleanup yard work and enjoying a Narragansett Hefeweizen tall boy. Beautiful day in Southern New England, mid-sixties, and on my south-facing deck it's actually seventy degrees. Not bad for mid-November. I realize it's only around 1:00, but I've been working hard . Maybe I'll have another before resuming the yard work.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
11/18/16 5:46 p.m.

Got to deer camp around 4:05, went out to the woods to show the greenhorn, my Son-in-law, where he'll be sitting. Got back to the cabin at 5:00, and an on my second cocktail.

I've become fond of an odd mix: Southern Comfort and Mt Dew

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
11/18/16 7:47 p.m.

I walked in the door and the wife handed me a glass of champagne, a cracker with some fancy cheese and the best part, a sleeping baby (he's still passed out on me as I sit here on the couch).

Pretty good Friday night.

Gary
Gary Dork
11/18/16 8:13 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

Doesn't get any better than that! Enjoy it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/18/16 8:27 p.m.

Enjoying some Eagle Rare this evening. Cheers!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/16 8:39 p.m.

I've been on another week long Benedryl bender.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
11/18/16 8:40 p.m.

4 cubes in a highball glass and enough W.L. Wellers to make them float.

Currently on round 2, but it's a Friday night so.....

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
11/18/16 8:42 p.m.
RealMiniParker wrote: I've become fond of an odd mix: Southern Comfort and Mt Dew

(Filed away for future experimentation)

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
11/19/16 8:15 a.m.

My Friday night was too boring to mention.

Woody
12/3/16 10:29 p.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/4/16 7:44 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/4/16 7:49 a.m.

So yesterday I was out in the very cold weather picking up leaves on my Grasshopper, and decided to do my neighbors yard as well. While I'm over there, he comes out and offers me a shot of his home made Brandy. So we start talking and he pours another one, and then another one. When I left to go cut my front yard I could barely keep the mower going straight! So now I have to look at squiggly lines in my yard the rest of the winter...

Gary
Gary Dork
12/4/16 12:37 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Gary
Gary Dork
12/4/16 1:14 p.m.

Incidentally, Annie was away visiting sisters this weekend. So instead of sitting around pining (when was the last time you heard somebody use that word?), I took the opportunity to get reacquainted with an old friend, The Famous Grouse.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/4/16 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Gary:

The last time I heard "pining" it was in a show describing the state of a deceased blue bird what had been nailed to its perch.

Woody
12/4/16 6:22 p.m.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I hope he doesn't want bloodwork...

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fMGhTSxK9vHi3nKmfuQbRGWz5kEcSws46ERpXB1HHBzsTPVhl8miLYn0ACI1meiZ