1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/17 6:35 p.m.

A few (many) years ago, a borrowed garage got broken into and several good transmissions, five Audi cylinder heads, ten or twelve rotor housings, all of my Audi cylinder heads, and some other stuff were stolen. I was so pissed off that I abandoned the rest of the stuff.

Yesterday, my friend texted me that he was having that garage demolished, did I want any of the stuff that was still left?

Went there today, found a couple dead animals, empty booze bottles, everything of scrap value was gone, but the FC was still there, as were my red FB doors, a few oil pans (including a GSL-SE oil pan, which is BANK nowadays), and some miscellaneous stuff that I grabbed. Need to go back and get the 13B out of the FC and the bumper/widebody bumper, which somehow didn't get stolen.

To be honest, I had been hoping that the thieves would come back and take the FC.

I had been avoiding the place for the last I don't know how many years because I get pissed off at the thought of thieves and they stole maybe $10k worth of parts from me. Anyway, Evan Williams has been helpin' me out today

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/6/17 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

So there's a free fc and you are just leaving it there?

Knurled
5/6/17 8:40 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

If you want it, you can drag it home. Its front suspension is currently under my black car, it has no straight body panels, no uncracked glass, it smells heavily of cat pee inside, and the local pharmaceutical enthusiasts liberated it of its rear wheels. They didn't take the fenders or hood fromt he back of the garage, at least.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
5/6/17 8:48 p.m.

Wife dragged me out for mexican last night like everyone else on Cinco de mayo, she thought she'd be cute and order a giant frozen margarita, when I found out it was 22 dollars no way was I not finishing it. It's weird being drunk at 6pm and then doing errands lol. No worries I wasn't driving

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/6/17 9:00 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Ah, I can see why you left it.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/24/17 1:43 p.m.

minor rant ahead

2 years... 2 YEARS!

Two years I've sat on the west coast, waiting for my kids to go to bed on a friday night. For two years I watched helplessly while people on the east coast posted on this thread as early as 3pm my time while i still had to wait HOURS before i could open my first beer.

After two years I'm finally in a place you couldnt possibly beat me to a buzz. Not only am I 7 hours ahead of you guys, but MY fridays happen on Thursdays. (that's not a one-off scheduling thing. That's the norm nationwide)

I've waited two years to be the first to a friday night buzz and in that time the thread has fallen into GRM obscurity...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/17 2:26 p.m.

We have a Winner!!!!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
8/24/17 6:30 p.m.

I'd forgotten about this thread.

Enjoying a beer or two before grilling some salmon.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/24/17 6:47 p.m.

Well, I haven't forgotten about this thread, but since Bravenrace seems to have gone missing, and this brilliant thread was his brainchild (go back to the beginning and appreciate the simplicity of his first post ... on a Friday), I've been letting it languish. (I also loved that Alfa Driver previously called this a "drkrining" thread). However, since Hungary Bill is already into Friday somewhere in the world, (good deal for him I think), then let's party on Thursday here in the USA! I bought a case of 2010 vintage Bordeaux tonight from my local store, and now the case is down to eleven bottles. Hmm, how did that happen so quickly?

Update: ten bottles. What did I once say about having a case of wine in the basement? This is indeed a drkrining thread!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/24/17 7:06 p.m.

BTW, this is a fantastic thread. Take a couple minutes to peruse the nutty but witty and creative posts here. Let's have more!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/25/17 1:39 p.m.

This always has been one of my favorite threads. Light hearted, but at the same time it's a bit rebellious too ("Yup, I'm a bit tipsy now and society says I shouldn't be").

I'm about to crack one more before I head to bed, so here's to all you guys on the east coast who are about to crack your first on a friday night.

Chee hic Cheers y'all!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/25/17 7:41 p.m.

Cheers, Hungary Bill!

Here in SoNE it's a perfectly clear summer evening, around 70 degrees F, and Annie and I are sitting around the backyard fire-pit drinking wine. Happy weekend to all. Life is good ... at least from our perspective.

(Thanks Bill for reviving this thread).

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/25/17 7:51 p.m.

Update on my new case of Bordeaux: Nine bottles of wine on the wall, nine bottles of wine ... take one down, pass it around ... etc.

So we now are down to eight bottles of Bordeaux on the wall in the wine cellar.

Knurled
8/25/17 8:46 p.m.

I never realized that Sobieski was so inexpensive.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/26/17 6:56 p.m.

OK, I know it's not Friday, so technically this post doesn't count. Close your eyes and cross your fingers. So for some odd reason, there's one less bottle of wine in the cellar. Annie and I went to our local pub, had meals and drinks, and came home for a nightcap. Bordeaux, of course. So now there are seven bottles of wine on the wall.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/22/17 10:26 a.m.

Hey all, 

I'm resurrecting this old post just to wish a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year to all!

Jim

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
12/22/17 12:29 p.m.
bravenrace said:

Hey all, 

I'm resurrecting this old post just to wish a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year to all!

Jim

Merry Christmas to you too.....you still own all those toys??

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/17 1:07 p.m.

We fish you a merry grist moose panda hippo pato gnu deer.

Dang it I spilled me beer. . .   :-)

laugh

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/22/17 2:51 p.m.

“Aircooled” got me two of these little beauties filled with Mosaic from Institution Ale Company which is an APA at 6.2%.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
12/22/17 6:46 p.m.

'I drink with Klinger".  Little DC101 reference I made up for Friday nites at home listening to the radio with cheap TJs beer. wink

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/17 9:27 p.m.

It's good to have you back Jim.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/2/18 1:14 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Yes, but trying to thin the herd.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/2/18 1:15 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Thanks Woody, although I'm not sure I am...or am not.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/5/18 1:01 p.m.

Soooooo, it's Friday... cool

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/18 1:52 p.m.

Yes it is.  Give me 30 minutes and I will be joining the parade...

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V719xjBxbU2l0vsNprBa2PBz0cpewYUpTQMl5jQ3VORbIY0hxTZW3qkkUhI5Ag4T