1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/5/18 2:48 p.m.

Yep. And I'm sick so the only alcohol I'll get tonight is via cough syrup.

Actually...  I've yet to drink anything this year... 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/5/18 3:34 p.m.

I might have to go grab a Negro Modelo from the work fridge. Must make sure the boss doesn't see.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/5/18 7:33 p.m.

Yum Tito's and Tonic...

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/5/18 10:21 p.m.

Let me say, this is my second all-time favorite thread ("What are you listening to" is my #1) ... after so many years posting here. But I thank our friend bravenrace for his brilliant original concept. Go back to the original post to see what he wrote to spawn this fantastic multi-page thread. It was a simple and authentic post, and I love it!

So, now it's another Friday night. I haven't posted here lately, but Annie and I are babysitting for the grandchildren at our son's house tonight. The kids are asleep. We're watching TV, and of course, drinking a little wine.  Annie has some kind of white wine in her glass. Our son had a few bottles of red wine in the cupboard (bless his heart), so I've tapped into one of them. It appears to be an Italian Zin, and very good. Cheers!smiley

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/6/18 6:18 a.m.

I'm currently attempting to make a living working out of my home shop.  So things are a little tight, and I'm drinking PBR.   I haven't drank this stuff since college, and what surprises me is how good it is as a plain old beer.  Good bang for the buck.  It just sucks that this is the season I usually am enjoying some fine heavier craft beers.  But I'm not complaining.  Life is good.  

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/18 9:01 a.m.

Bloody marry time ?  Mimosas anyone?  

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/6/18 9:02 a.m.

I could go for a Mojito

dean1484
1/6/18 9:42 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I could go for a Mojito

Ummmmmm tasty. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/6/18 6:52 p.m.

OK, so now it's Saturday night, and technically that's not in accordance with the original premise of this thread, which is, "end of work week" being Friday. But that's just a supposition based on the original post. But what if your work week ends on Saturday? Then again, Annie and I are retired, so how does that affect this percieved dichotomy? (Every night is Friday night for us). So it probably doesn't matter when you post to this thread. Just post. Anyway, Annie and I "baby-sat" our grand daughters last night. I feel very proud and quite honored that I taught the five year old twins how to tie their new sneakers. They were very, very happy to learn how to do this. And me too. So that was my take-away from the experience. Hopefully, twenty years from now they'll remember that particular Friday night and that I helped with a needed life skill, as humble as it might be. I know I'll remember it ... if I'm still around then.

So, on to tonight: Annie and I were out to dinner at our local pub. She had a white wine and I had a Beefeater martini (extra dry, shaken, frozen glass, with olives ... bartender Kim knows). Now we're home with a bottle of white Bordeaux and a bottle of red Bordeaux. Guess who's drinking which? Cheers.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/19/18 2:20 p.m.

My keyboard playing maniac son Brad has a gig with his jazz quintet tonight at Brother's Lounge in Cleveland, so I'll be drinking something, I just don't know what.  :)

How about you?

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
1/19/18 2:45 p.m.

It's like 40 degrees here in Minnesota so maybe a walk to the liquor store for some tasty beverages is in order. 

Probably beer, of the craft variety, some kind of hoppy IPA has been my choice lately. Otherwise there is plain old Bud Light in the fridge from last weekend. Oh the possibilities! 

dean1484
1/19/18 2:49 p.m.

I got some intel on one of my better clients and found out that he is a HUGE Vodka snob.  So what better excuse to go get a bunch of samples and have a gathering over the weekend and "taste" them so as to determine what I should get said Client.  I am somehow going to have to convince my CPA that this is either a marketing expense or is research expense.  laugh

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/19/18 3:19 p.m.

We're going out to a place other than our usual local pub tonight. Nice Italian place with great food. I've been doing reduced carbs since September, so I'll be avoiding pasta and bread. They don't stock Bordeaux so I'll probably have a glass or two of California cab, most likely Louie Martini or J Lohr.

... a few hours later: We're home. It was a great meal at Aquilante's, and I had a couple glasses of Louie Martini cabernet. Nice evening.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/16/18 7:12 p.m.

Bergerac

I am shocked, shocked I say, that this thread has languished for so long without comment (anybody remember the movie Casablanca?)

Well, anyway, it is Friday, isn't it. And it's the traditional end of week for most working stiffs. But Annie and I are retired. So every night is Friday night. We were out to dinner at Aquilante's (not our regular pub, but our fallback especially on Friday night) in West Warwick this evening, sitting at the bar. Surprisingly, one of our old colleagues at work (and still working) and his wife came in and sat next to us. No doubt that sparked some interesting conversation. I'm glad we're retired from the rat race and the corporate politics. And ironically, Jim's wife works at a bank with Kim, who moonlights as a bartender at Bill's, our local pub. So that sparked more interesting conversation. Fun evening.

So now we're home, and we have a bottle of French Bergerac wine. Essentially, Bergerac wine is Bordeaux. It's on the Dordogne River, whereas Bordeaux is on the Garonne River. We'll be doing a Viking River Cruise there in October (both rivers). But it's the same region, a few miles apart. So anyway, we're enjoying a bottle of Bergerac wine at home on this cold, blustery Friday night in SoNE. Jeez, we need some warm weather soon. Consequently, this warrants mention of this fun Friday evening on this epic GRM thread that Bravenrace started a long time ago. Let's keep it alive!

Happy Friday everyone.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 8:03 p.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/18 9:29 p.m.

A girl gave us local wine tonight. It was goood.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
3/16/18 11:24 p.m.

Enjoying a glass or two of this tasty beverage while watching "Santa Clarita Diet". A fun show on Netflix I just learned about today.  I recommend both.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/18 8:27 a.m.

I fancy a kebab.

I know where there is a kebab shop on the way between here and the Batcave.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/18 8:31 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Enjoying a glass or two of this tasty beverage while watching "Santa Clarita Diet". A fun show on Netflix I just learned about today.  I recommend both.

I was told by someone allegedly more informed than me that Elijah Craig is the same product as Evan WIlliams, just aged for nine years instead of four.

I liked Elijah Craig before they changed the bottle.  Somehow, it tastes harsher after the bottle change.  It made me think that they were being counterfeited.  When I was traveling through Bourbon Mecca last month I stopped at a local store for reconnaissance purposes.  Same new bottle shape as up here.

Long story short, I switched my go-to to Bulleit.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/17/18 4:02 p.m.

As far as beer goes I'm a Bud devotee.  But it's pricey.  Simpler Times at Trader Joes is $4 plus tax and pretty decent.  I can never remember if I like the Pilsner more than the lager. blush The higher percentage one for sure. blush I'll be drinking Guinness tonight.  In a bar.  Now that is expensive. indecision

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/24/18 8:16 p.m.

So, another Friday night has passed, and now it's Saturday night. Whatever. Bottoms up, friends!  Annie and I were out again this evening (guess where). But now we're home in our recently re-glazed Four Seasons sun room. And even though it's long after sunset and dark, this room is great. Annie set up some strategic lighting, we're drinking good wine, and listening to Deuter on "what's her name." Annie's drinking Smoking Loon Chardonnay, and I have a bottle of LaCrema Chardonnay. Happy Friday  night everyone (one day late), enjoy the weekend.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/24/18 11:58 p.m.

Couldn't find a six pack of Bud bottles minutes before midnight so I bought the 24 can pack. Name of the liquor store? 'Barmy'!cool

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/13/18 6:22 p.m.

Happy Friday night folks. Annie and I were out to Aquilante's tonight. Mary makes a great Beefeater martini. So now we're home having a taste of Bordeaux wine. What are you guys doing? I hope you're drinking something fun and enjoying the evening!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/14/18 12:13 p.m.

Bank holiday tomorrow means a couple coldies tonight.  "Converted" 3-horses.  A Hungary Bill House specialty

Gary
Gary SuperDork
5/4/18 8:39 p.m.

I actually started my Friday afternoon celebration early, around 2:00 with a Narragansett tall boy, after around four hours of heavy duty yard work and a strong thirst. But then at 5:00 Annie and I went out to Aquilante's for dinner and Mary made me a superb Beefeater martini. (A martini is a martini. A superb martini is adding volume and making it extremely cold. I might add that Mary is the owner of Aquilante's, and she makes a superb martini for me). So anyway, moving on, now that it's after May first, I've transitioned to drinking very cold white wine. As much as I love Bordeaux, I also love oakey chardonnay. The trendy thing today (even if you drink chardonnay today because the trendy white wine is sauvignon blanc or pino grigio) is a dry fruity chardonnay aged in stainless steel. Nay, nay ... not for me. I like the traditional vintage California chardonnay aged in oak barrels with malolactic fermentation which beat the French at they're own game in 1976. So I like oakey chardonnays. After Aquilante's we stopped at Joyal's for a bottle of "Butter" chardonnay. And now we're enjoying that. Enjoy the weekend folks, as we are.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JG1QPbXt0Eteqs9xZd9Tm9Y9iy3MbAhG87Am9cv6Klcr6P5bP7ZYKLaDi8yV1zgO