1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27
Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/30/18 7:15 p.m.

Wait a garl-durn minute here! This is a Monday night! How can this be in any way affiliated with the OP's post for a celebration of Friday night ... the end of the traditional working-mans work-week (negative comments rejected).

But on the other foot, I'm retired, so every night is Friday night, and every morning is Saturday morning. Pickle juice notwithstanding (I don't drink it myself) my soul-mate Annie is also retired, and despite the pickle juice debacle, we're liking this thread.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/18 7:27 p.m.

When I was 8, I moved to a new city.  I met a new friend there whose family emigrated from Poland a year earlier.

He told me that sometimes his dad and mom would drink pickle juice.  Being 8, and open to new things, I tried it. That experience could be condensed to "WTF, why would anyone do that?"

I drank an entire jar of pickle juice last weekend, some before I went to sleep on Saturday, the rest after I woke up on Sunday.  People change.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/30/18 7:34 p.m.

I love all of "you's guys." winkAnd I love all  kinds of pickles ... and my Polish grandmother made homemade dill pickles. She grew her own cucumbers and dill. Those pickles were delicious. But I couldn't imagine drinking freeking pickle juice! Yuck.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/30/18 7:36 p.m.

Tequilla shots with a pickle back, aww yeah.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/30/18 7:40 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Ok, well now that makes sense. At least there's a purpose. I don't particularly like Teke, but perhaps Gin or Scotch.

In fact, at Bill's tonight, Kevin made me a great gin martini. He gave me a few olives, and that was OK. But one of my grandmother's Polish dill pickles would have been great!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/30/18 8:10 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Good ol' redneck yellow mustard works great for muscle cramps too, and easy to pack for bike rides if you grab a handful of packets from the local burger joint.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
7/30/18 8:28 p.m.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
7/30/18 8:28 p.m.

I wish I could still find this stuff locally.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/30/18 9:06 p.m.

I'll drink pickle juice all the time. Most times I'm not even hungover. Olive juice too.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I got the first few cucumbers from my garden and I'm making pickles tomorrow. I'll save the juice for you.

Knurled.
11/19/19 7:03 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Tequilla shots with a pickle back, aww yeah.

Restoring this thread because, okay, what is a "pickle back"?  I assume it is not like a Nickleback because people speak highly of it.

First I ever heard of it was at the first ever NEOhio RallyCross where someone who will not be named had a humongous hangover after camping out Friday night and he told me he tried a pickle back and it didn't help, and I just smiled and nodded, because I've seen me drink and I don't think I ever really had a hangover in that I never felt the way he looked, and from what I understand he also had the anti-hangover advantage of marking much of his drink "return to sender" all over the fairgrounds' men's restroom walls, if you follow me.

Anyway, not relevant to now, but commentary for the future:  Jeppson's Malört and tonic tastes really, really good.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
11/19/19 7:36 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Shot of tequila chased with a shot of pickle brine. First (and last) time I had one (several), I blacked out shortly after.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/19 7:48 p.m.

Damn, I thought Bravenrace was back.sad

Knurled.
11/19/19 8:03 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Shot of tequila chased with a shot of pickle brine. First (and last) time I had one (several), I blacked out shortly after.

Huh.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
11/19/19 8:21 p.m.
Knurled. said:
JohnInKansas said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Huh.

Irish whiskey followed up by pickle juice is always how I've been offered

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
11/19/19 8:57 p.m.
johndej said:
Knurled. said:
JohnInKansas said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Huh.

Irish whiskey followed up by pickle juice is always how I've been offered

Coulda been. I was in no position to distinguish at that point.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/21/19 12:21 a.m.

It's not Friday, so this doesn't count.

(This is ... or was ... one of the great threads on this forum, thanks to bravenrace. I love it. I wouldn't mind it returning. However, I wish bravenrace  would participate. I don't know where he went. We miss him.)

This is mainly a Friday afternoon or evening thread, after the work week is done, time to celebrate the weekend. Or in my case, since I don't work anymore, just time to celebrate.

You know what? I'll post again on Friday evening. I'm on the West Coast temporarily so it'll be a bit later, but I'd like to revive this thread. Maybe bravenrace will come back.

And bravenrace, if you're reading, PBR is great!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/22/19 10:23 p.m.

I'd really like to revive this great thread, and I'll do my damnedest to do so. So, here Annie and I are on Friday night. It's 8:00 pm Pacific time. I'm with friends sitting around the firepit drinking wine. Annie and I are drinking a CA Chardonnay. The others ... I don't know what they're drinking. But they're drinking wine. But the point is, we've all had too much wine and it's time to go home. Well home is the Coyote Inn in Palm Springs, where we're all staying. So we'll all make it back to our rooms.

I should say that today I went to the McCormick classic car auction here in Palm Springs and enjoyed it immensely. I'll be back there tomorrow and Sunday. Some great buys to be had! (To wit, a great driver level '65 Volvo P-1800 for $8,500!)

Funny thing, a few years ago (maybe 3-4), I challenged here on this thread the "famous" over-rated guy from CT with white hair and the goofy old-man mustache, a so-called expert in classic cars, who professed that within a year Volvo P-1800's would be selling for $100K. I said that I thought that was absurd, and would never happen. Then I was lambasted on this thread for the very thought of questioning his supreme authority as a professed expert. I knew he was wrong at the time. Well, today folks, I can tell you he was absolutely, and unequivocally wrong.

I'll be back next Friday (home, East Coast time) to continue this thread.

Knurled.
11/23/19 7:07 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

I'd rather be an ex-pert than a neverwas-pert.

Relevant to thread:  Had been trying to divine the different notes of flavor in Bulleit 95 Rye.  It's more complex than I have language.  It makes me really respect the idea of Scotch and water to "open the flavours up", like watching something in slow motion except in taste.

I'm detecting a lot of interesting notes, and I wish they'd sent a poet.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
11/26/19 9:24 p.m.

I started this bottle on Friday, at deer camp. My Son-in-law was texting me about Old Fashioned samples at the market, tonight. So... I figured I'd finish the bottle. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/26/19 9:36 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore :

Nice! Not Friday, but worthy of the thread.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
11/27/19 5:07 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

It's the start of a long weekend, for me, so ... laugh

Knurled.
11/27/19 5:30 a.m.

Obligatory music video.  Da Yoopers are a national treasure.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/27/19 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I made it through 15 seconds of that, and I quit. This doesn't conform to the OP's original premise of this wonderful thread. Maybe you should start a new thread to attract an audience that is more aligned to your thoughts.

So I'll talk to the folks here on Friday about what bravenrace really wanted to discuss.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
11/27/19 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'm not at deer camp anymore. I'm home, fixing things around the house, getting slightly bent out of shape. Heh.

Working on it again, tonight. 

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L3jEA7BD9dR2NqrFX2YDU9neeohh2EYKYwBG17WsaMNgSHSxWBVh8BkMQm8jeUI6