1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Gary
Gary UltraDork
1/3/20 8:52 p.m.

OK. Well now it's Friday. This is where this thread excels. The holidays are over. (My opinon, I'm glad. Now on to Spring). So it's the end of the work week for you working folks. Happy weekend! Annie and I went to The Treehouse Tavern in Warwick for dinner, talked to owner Alin, had a few glasses of wine, then stopped at Joyal's on the way home for some additional  wine (Bordeaux). Now we're at home enjoying that purchase.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
1/24/20 9:16 p.m.

So here we are again. Friday night. End of the work week for the folks still working. We went to Bill's and met up with a ton of friends. Had a few glasses of Greek red wine. Came home and "sipped" some Bordeaux. Happy Friday bravenrace My Man!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/14/20 7:30 p.m.

Well it's been a few weeks since we extended this thread forward from our OP friend. But it's the end of another work week. So we need to say something.

Annie and I were at Aquilante's tonight, at the bar, for Valentine's Night. Great, great time with friends there. Annie had a Vodka Martini and I had a few glasses of California Cab. Now we're home and I'm downing my stash of Bordeaux (well, I'm only drinking one bottle of it), and watching Adam Corolla on Tucker.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/20 8:39 p.m.

Newcastle of America and HotRod Garage. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/20 9:18 a.m.

Home made Dunkel, gonna get drunkel.  Happy saturday everyone!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/15/20 9:23 p.m.

Bill, that looks delicious!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/20 12:46 a.m.

Thanks man, it wasnt half bad!  Of course i had to have 3 or 4 just to be sure.

Next batch is going to be a ginger beer.  I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/16/20 6:40 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill :

Hey Bill ... ginger is a good adjunct for homebrew. I homebrewed in the eighties and nineties and recall making a ginger stout. But I used too much ginger and the flavor was overpowering. (But of course because it was mine, I drank both cases). So I'd recommend going light with the ginger. But it adds a great  flavor. Cheers!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/21/20 7:07 p.m.

13.5% ABV.... How bad could it be?

When you can't taste the alcohol at all... it can be pretty dangerous.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/21/20 10:57 p.m.

You guys know I'm a big fan of this thread. And kudos go out to the OP, who we haven't heard from lately. I wish he'd rejoin the forum (like the real duke did recently).

So Annie and I are in Palm Springs, CA, for a couple weeks, and we're on Pacific Time Zone. Today I spent time at the McCormick Classic Car Auction ... as I'll do Saturday and Sunday. Some nice CA cars offered. But anyway, back to the topic. Annie dropped me off at the auction and went shopping. I shopped too, but at the auction, not Steinmart's. After I was done I called her to meet me at the LaQuinta Brewing Co. Palm Springs Tap Room. Walking distance for both of us. We did a tasting. Great beer. Then a walk back to our hotel. Shower. Afternoon double Dewer's by the pool (my pour, which was really a quad). Then dinner at the Kaiser Grill on Palm Canyon. Couple glasses of wine there. Now back at the Coyote Inn with more wine by the fire pit. Life is good.

Here's a pristine West Coast MG 1100 offered at the auction. When was the last time you saw one of these? It's a 110% sized Mini Cooper. 1098cc BMC A-Series engine. I bet it'll go for well under $10K. Stay tuned. I lusted for one of these in 1964 when I couldn't afford one. So I'm tempted ...

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/27/20 11:25 p.m.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the car above. It was lot #107, which meant it should have been on the block at around 2:00pm last Friday. Well, I got there at 12:30 pm.  It had already sold for $6,300. I would have bid it up higher. I believe that seems kind of strange and fishy at that. I saw the same thing with a '70 280 SL that went for $38K last November in about a two minute auction. Odd. Why? The MG 1100 is a great car, and I'm sure you'll see it for sale by a dealer for $10K. Anyway, I missed a great buy. I'll be back for the November auction.

Annie and I are still in Palm Springs. It's Friday East Coast Time, Annie and I were out for dinner. I had a Beefeater Martini and Annie had a glass of Chardonnay. Then I had a glass of Louie Martini Cabernet. We were at at a restaurant on Palm Canyon Drive during the Thursday night Palm Springs Street Festival. Now  we're back at the Coyote Inn at the fire pit drinking CA Cabernet.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/28/20 7:25 a.m.

Nice.  

I plan to have a nice blantons neat tonight while assembling the accessories on my new to me racecar engine.  Pics later.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
2/28/20 9:43 p.m.

I'm at the future in-laws' house, on vacation for the better part of a week. Spent the day at the flea market, had a good fish fry dinner, sat out on the patio (nice to get away from crappy Wisconsin weather, we're in Arizona). I'm halfway through my third (fourth?) bourbon Old Fashioned. 

Happy Friday! 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/29/20 12:08 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore :

Ironic vessel. I love it! I also love your laid back posture! Absolutely fantastic photo!

(Annie and I are currently in Palm Springs, CA, so I know your weather is probably similar. And that is ... great weather!)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/29/20 5:48 a.m.

Absolut Lime tastes like complete ass, and I feel shamed for thinking "oh it might not be so bad" after the Stoli Cucumber Incident.

"You're been a one trick pony after you discovered Bulleit 95", brain said.  "You need to try more different things", brain said.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
2/29/20 10:23 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

I love Palm Springs. Yes, similar weather, here. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/29/20 12:52 p.m.

You just reminded me I have a nice bottle of Buffalo Trace old fashioned sitting on my liquor shelf that I bought on a whim at Costco. 

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
3/4/20 12:17 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Ooh, that's pretty decent stuff. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/4/20 12:34 p.m.
Mndsm said:

You just reminded me I have a nice bottle of Buffalo Trace old fashioned sitting on my liquor shelf that I bought on a whim at Costco. 

That's a go to for me in my liquor cabinet.  Good stuff.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/6/20 6:27 p.m.

Happy Friday, folks! We met up with friends at the bar at Acquilante's for dinner tonight. Had a couple ... well, maybe three ... glasses of Simi California Cab with dinner. Great wine. Now home with a bottle of Bergerac. (Bergerac is a sub-region of Bordeaux). Great wine part deux.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
3/6/20 7:19 p.m.

Simi is a great bottle for the price.  Enjoy!

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
3/6/20 7:36 p.m.

Mac n jacks clone home brew. The only

clone I make. Sittin next to the Norton, listening to some Paul Cauthen and Paul Thorne. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 3:31 p.m.

Been sipping this lately. Nice change. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/7/20 6:46 p.m.

So this is leap year ... and tonight we move the clocks forward ... so I'm thinking this must be still Friday night. (I'm most likely wrong, but I'm "under the influence"). So we can talk about what we're drinking and think it's Friday. Well, let me say, we went to our local pub "Bill's" tonight and met up with a host of friends. That's always a hoot. I sat next to friend and neighbor Howie at the bar. That's always a problem, because we're like a full tank of Sunoco 93 octane and a spark. Howie has a nice barn, which houses a mid-seventies square-tail Spitfire, a TR-6, as well as his most recent acquisition, a '98 BMW M Roadster. And now he's looking at a TVR 2500M. Good man. The M Roadster is a beautiful car bought from a reputable dealer in Naples, FL. Anyway, much to Annie's dismay, Howie and I talked cars for a couple hours over beers, Beefeater martini's, wine, dinner, and then Sambuca. I tell you, we were the most intelligent car guys on the planet tonightlaugh. Then, holy crap Batman, I have to drive home? Only a half mile. Annie stepped in and saved the day. So now we're home and having a spot of French wine. It's still Friday, isn't it?

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
3/7/20 7:12 p.m.

close enough- Cheers!

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nZc1DJXI0rSDtQTutQjCE5KhoKk3LSM7f5c3mn4IQ4CtzYlks6WlKYuKPGs5Uz6x