1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/24/15 10:47 p.m.

In it for a sixxer of Rainier today. (completely out of home brew, and nothing in the carboy )

Cheers!

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/25/15 4:17 a.m.

The Jameson started flowing several hours ago, how long until the sun comes up?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/15 6:53 a.m.

Nick. It is 5:00 somewhere

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/1/15 9:17 a.m.

Greetings from Paris, France. Because of the 6-hour time difference, I'm able to start the weekend a bit sooner than you folks. Wife and I are sipping Bordeaux at a sidewalk cafe on the Champs Élysées. Actually we started sipping wine with lunch a couple hours ago and now we're cafe-hopping. Actually we started the weekend when we arrived a couple days ago. That's a lot of Bordeaux. But it's excellent wine. Life is good. Happy weekend!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Avenue_des_Champs-%C3%89lys%C3%A9es_street_sign,Paris,_France-_20100619.jpg

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/1/15 9:22 a.m.

In reply to Gary:

I hate you.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/1/15 9:24 a.m.

Not my picture and it's not sunny today, but this will give you an idea:

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/img_7023trim.jpg

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/1/15 9:33 a.m.

Nice Gary. Enjoy. I'm still hitting the coffee here.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/1/15 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Gary:

Sure, why not rub it in? Hey, have a great time. Is it vacation or work (doesn't seem like you're working)?

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/1/15 9:41 a.m.

Vacation. I retired last year.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/1/15 9:50 a.m.

I did not expect to see this thread so early in the day. Now I'm getting thirsty

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/1/15 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Thus the reason for my post 6 above yours.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
5/1/15 10:09 a.m.

Yeah, this has me wanting a three beer and taco lunch.

Actually, I'm trying to avoid beer lately. It seems to affect my waistline more than straight liquor and wine. Headed to the pub tonight to meet up with friends and celebrate the Mrs's birthday. i'll have a couple but have to drive home at some point.

OTOH I'm headed to Chicago for work all of next week and we have vendors taking us out to very nice dinners every night. And bars. Lots of drinking to be done. Our last one was in Ft Lauderdale and my wife still refers to that trip as Fear and Loathing In Ft. Lauderdale. She swears I wasn't sober at any point in the trip.

When you start with free drinks on the flight, she may be right...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/1/15 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Gary:

You going to swing by Spa to catch the WEC race?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/1/15 11:39 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: OTOH I'm headed to Chicago for work all of next week and we have vendors taking us out to very nice dinners every night. And bars. Lots of drinking to be done.

Where're you headed?

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/1/15 1:36 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: In reply to Gary: You going to swing by Spa to catch the WEC race?

Unfortunately, no motorsports activities while I'm here (through next Wednesday). I did get to stop in the Renault show room on the Champs Élysées and they had an F1 car on display. Also saw the new Renault Twizy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dAZkwgkeA

That's about it. But as I said, the wine is really good!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
5/1/15 2:12 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

lets see...

Staying at the Marriot MagMile. planned outings so far... Joe's Stone Crab, Coco Pazzo, Gibsons, a dinner cruise with Odyssey lines, and two TBD. Suggestions in the MagMile area are welcome, I've been eyeing the Purple Pig for it's ultra-foodie menu online. Drinking will probably be at those fine establishments, the Marriot bar, and likely several nights at Blue Chicago.

I'm in town for the Consumer Specialty Products Association midyear meeting.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/1/15 5:33 p.m.

Shocktop to start the evening off, not sure where we'll end up.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/8/15 2:34 p.m.

I'm back in the USA after a week in Paris. Drank enough Bordeaux to last a lifetime. It's a beautiful spring day here in Southern New England, so I put the top down on the Miata, drove to the liquor store and picked up a six pack of Harpoon Summer Beer. Only 4.8% ABV, so it's a good session beer. It's similar to a German Koelsch beer, so I'm drinking from my tiny 0.2 liter koelsch glass which I picked up at a pub in Cologne a few years ago. I'm also listening to Matt Koelsch (a Southern New England native now living in SoCal) just to round out the Koelsch experience. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MX7Tq00eS1Y

Cheers, and Happy Weekend everyone!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/8/15 3:08 p.m.

My boys are coming home from college for the summer tonight. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I'll be happy.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/15 3:09 p.m.

Company sponsored happy hour in D-(21:00min)...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/15 4:34 p.m.

I have to do a thermal imaging scan tonight so the party will not start until about 1:00 am when I get home.

daeman
daeman Reader
5/8/15 6:12 p.m.

Would you lot keep it down!, it's already Saturday morning and I'm feeling a touch fuzzy.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/8/15 6:52 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: My boys are coming home from college for the summer tonight. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I'll be happy.

Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you. Have fun!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/14/15 1:33 p.m.

I may have to start the weekend early tonight. I've got some Fireman's Red, Fat Tire, and Guinness Blonde in the fridge at home, amongst other libations to choose from. Its just been that kind of week...

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/14/15 2:15 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Friday eve is reason enough for me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oY4hxp1fDhyqPcHzbf0SZj5lesyB1pjqPnOmnF5yC2WbbrFc5ebu00pxL6vVCPT2