1 2
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/19 7:19 p.m.

40 felt like 30, to be honest.  (I said I was gonna get a haircut a 30 and didn't.  Didn't do it at 40 neither)

My favorite was 37, just because I could keep saying "I'm 37, I'm not old!"

Then when I was 38, at my grandmother's funeral, I was sitting next to my mom, who was looking at me intently, then piped up "Pete, you have GRAY HAIRS IN YOUR TEMPLE"  I reminded her that I was 38 and these things happen.

At least I don't have massive lines all over my face.  I credit this to not taking life too seriously, always remember that enjoying the day is #1 priority and life's too short to get pissed off at everything.  Ever see someone who had lines on their face like the desert after a rainstorm?  They're always the most pissed-off people in the world, and that is exactly how they got that way.

Anyway, rambling.  42 is next year.  Still feel 17 internally.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
7/29/19 7:23 p.m.

Along about then I quit kart racing, got married for the second time and started ice racing.   Fun ever since.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to iceracer :

From seeing what happened with a bunch of my friends, I feel like I dodged a bullet when my fiancee left BEFORE we got married.  Divorce is uglier.

Knurled stewed for a few years then got all "Berk this, I'ma go racin'."  Then trackdays begat drag racing begat rallycross and all was Right with the world. 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
7/29/19 8:59 p.m.
Patrick said:

Congratulations, you’re 364 days ahead of me, i hit 39 yesterday.  

Belated Best wish's

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
7/29/19 9:04 p.m.

Happy birthday. 

You do look a bit younger than 40. I certainly would not have guessed. 

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
7/29/19 9:07 p.m.
Cooper_Tired said:

Happy birthday. 

You do look a bit younger than 40. I certainly would not have guessed. 

I owe you a drink, sir!

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
7/29/19 9:09 p.m.

Thanks everyone. I’m really cool with turning 40. I’m having more fun lately than I have in a while. 

I did get a kick out of getting id’d For beer, and telling the girl, “I’m buying beer for my 40th birthday party!!”

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/19 7:46 a.m.

40 = you think you are old but when you get to 50 you look back an realize you were still just a kid. Enjoy 40. It is a great time of life. Still young and healthy to do things and old enough to appreciate it. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/30/19 7:51 a.m.

41 is where E36 M3 REALLY starts to go downhill. 

Happy birthday!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/19 8:39 a.m.

i ran my first marathon at 46...

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
7/30/19 9:07 a.m.

In my head I'm 24. But I don't have the face or body of 24.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 9:12 a.m.
Patrick said:

Congratulations, you’re 364 days ahead of me, i hit 39 yesterday.  

You got me beat by 4 days!

happy birthday!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
7/30/19 12:01 p.m.

40... phfft. Happy B-day, you puppy!

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
7/30/19 12:35 p.m.

Happy Birthday!

40 means it's time to stop wearing short pants...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/30/19 1:53 p.m.

I think I'm using this word correctly...

Your title should be "Whelp, I'm 40."

From a 59 year old.  Maybe not the best joke either...

Cracked Magazine: "Sure coulda made better use of this post"

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/4/19 9:10 p.m.

Happy b-day, I'm now seventy. Have a nice day, Welp. But what the help is welp? Is that even a word? Well I know it's the the "lingo," of the I-net, but it's rather ... well, rather ... odd, don't you think? Me ... at seventy. But anyway, happy somethingsmiley.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
8/4/19 11:56 p.m.

Happy Birthday!

Come on in, the water's fine! I was dreading it (my birthday was at the beginning of the year) but so far it's just like last year, only better! Seriously, this is one of the best times in my life and I'm far more appreciative of my luck, situation and abilities than when I was in my 20's. I was very meh for most of my 30's, but I'm looking forward to what the rest of my 40's have to offer.

Stay healthy (if you are), get healthy (if you aren't) and learn to shed stress. That will be the biggest boost to your mindset for what's to come (based on what I have experienced in my own life). I've found that I've really started to come into my own and OWN my life, rather than following someone else's plan or just following a "recipe".

I've quit a job I hated, I've started my own business, I've started to deepen my relationships, I've gotten off my ass and gotten busy...accomplishing more than I thought I would by this time, gotten healthier, and just generally been happier and more positive about my future.

I wish you many more years to come.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cn6cYL9Yde4XVzeWgP6sw4x7jyEreDqAAUiSCS1itIGcCslIbykz4QPBjaLWZ7EQ