Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/19/18 6:41 p.m.

The Tills

Full Blown Addict

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/19/18 7:07 p.m.

Katerina Mina - Morro, ma prima in Grazia (Un Ballo in Maschera)

No, no, no ... I didn't drink too much vino at the eye-talian restaurant Annie and I were at tonight. But we did have a couple glasses each. Then we came home and listened to episode 10 of the Crime Town podcast. This music was playing in the background of the episode. While I don't usually listen to opera, when I do I prefer male opera singers to female, mainly because the women's voices usually annoy my senses, while the men's voices seem more dignified. That's not sexist, it's just my ears and my brain protesting to the noise. However, this performance isn't too bad. Actually, it's pretty damn good. By the way, nice lungs on this performer.wink

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/18 6:33 a.m.

Trying to pump myself up.  Ohio rallycross is going to be AWESOME this year.  Need to have a worthy car for it.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/20/18 6:10 p.m.

Gerry Raffetty

Baker Street

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/20/18 6:47 p.m.

Jackson Browne ... Stay

Yes, like Bruce, and Barbra, and many others ... I love their music, but I hate their politics.

Jackson Browne is a great performer and IMO one of the greatest American artists of the twentieth century. For me, this is one of the songs that defines the seventies. He's a guy that grew up in Orange County, CA in the sixties and learned music and was gifted at creating phenomenal song lyrics. Then he went to LA to perform, and the rest was history.  I have been a Jackson Browne fan for the past 45 years or so, regardless of his politics.

For this song, guitarist David Lindlay stepped in at the last moment when for some reason the designated vocalist couldn't perform. So he did the spectacular soprano/falsetto performance on the original.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/20/18 7:59 p.m.

Last eve stumbled upon Eric Gales asking Beth Hart to come up and say a few words....WOW berkin' WOW

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/22/18 11:54 a.m.

I've been listening to a lot of the steel drivers lately. Great band if you like bluesy mountain type music 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/22/18 6:40 p.m.

Adele

Annie's (so of course my) favorite song.wink

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/22/18 6:44 p.m.

Garth

Same song, but I personally like this version better. It's a guy thing I guess. Don't tell Annie.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/18 8:09 p.m.

trans-Pacific static thanks to conference call with Chinese colleagues.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
1/23/18 6:35 p.m.

Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
1/24/18 6:01 a.m.

Uncle Lucious - Keep the wolves away

followed by some Chris Stapleton, Cody Jinks and what ever youtube pulls in related

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/24/18 4:25 p.m.

Dethklok Murmaider 2

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
1/24/18 4:29 p.m.

Darrell Freaking Scott. Man is a national treasure. 

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
1/24/18 7:12 p.m.

Thom by Joji. One of my big inspirations for the music I'm trying to make right now.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/28/18 6:39 p.m.

Gravity Falls

Annie and I have been baby sitting our three granddaughters since Wednesday, and I think we've watched every episode of Gravity Falls. Now the theme song is embedded in my brain. Our son and DIL get home around midnight tonight from the Dominican Republic and "Thank God Almighty" we'll be free at last! It's been an adventure but I really give young parents a lot of respect and credit! Tomorrow at this time I'll be three deep in Beefeater martinis at Bill's.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
1/28/18 8:55 p.m.

Mike Portnoy's Beatles tribute band.  Really good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgaYS-9Ihdw

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/30/18 6:38 p.m.
barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
2/9/18 5:14 p.m.

Mastodon's new EP. A Cold Dark Place.

Linky

Brent Hinds is still my favorite guitarist, and this is a good example of why.

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
2/9/18 5:24 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 6:53 p.m.

September in the Rain

Scott Hamilton.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 7:28 p.m.

Liquid Mind

So we have moved on from cool jazz with wine, to Annie falling asleep.  Liquid Mind will definitely put you in a calm state, and also put you to sleep. But I'm still awake, and finishing the Bordeaux.smiley

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/18 7:45 p.m.

Havana

Camila Cabello

1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ciAT2zDAeSaytywhhjvqMNWGeBEHeOiRc0eUa4xkpXCQy3r7pJlaxuV3Az5Jyp7N