1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 237
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/18 7:16 a.m.
Garry4garage said:

New prodigy album sounds well yes

A friend said it’s really good too, I need to check it out. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/13/18 10:20 p.m.

I wish this thread had started out with a rule that you aren't allowed to post a new link until you've listened to and made a substantive comment about the previous one.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/13/18 10:31 p.m.
Ransom said:

Oingo Boingo - Controller. About six times in a row.

I think the cassette version of Only A Lad I had missed this track and What You See, so yesterday it became bonus surprise music.

I was watching some live concert footage of them a few days ago (04/25/87 - Ritz), and was blown away at what a great live vocalist Danny Elfman was.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/18 8:05 p.m.

Mark recording in LA

I still can't believe I'm going to see Mark at Foxwoods in August. Bless my son! And front row center stage to boot! That'll be a great memory.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/18 8:25 p.m.

Of course, Mark again

Since son Jason told me he and I are gonna see Mark in August, I've been pretty much listening to Mark exclusively. He's one of my favorites anyway. So, in this video, who can recognize the skyline?

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/18 8:47 p.m.

So contrary to my last post, I'm really not listening to Mark exclusively. I do like, and listen to regularly, other artists.

Doors

Jim Morrison, crazy but talented front man, guitarist Robby Krieger, keyboard player Ray Manzarak (probably the only sane one), and drummer John Densmore (quiet guy).

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/18 9:20 p.m.

And here I am listening to other familiar music ... which I've posted here before. But if you'll indulge me, I'll offer again:

BAP - Verdamp Lang Her

It's too bad that Wolfgang Niedecken  didn't speak English. He probably would've been an international rock star.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/18 9:36 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

I wish this thread had started out with a rule that you aren't allowed to post a new link until you've listened to and made a substantive comment about the previous one.

Yes, James, I agree. And I think anything that Gary (that would be me) has posted is worthy of a favorable review and also worthy of a "thumbs up." 

Kidding aside, I've made it known here often that I appreciate the music recommendations of others. It has increased my musical knowledge. I really have learned a lot ... and I thought I knew all there was to know about music. Well guess what? There was, and still is, a whole helluva lot I need to know. So I'm all ears!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/14/18 11:07 p.m.

The Sword - Gods of the Earth

I saw these guys in Lincoln, NE when they opened for Metallica on their Death Magnetic tour. To be honest, I really wasn't impressed. But to be fair, the acoustics in that arena were horrible and I don't think the sound guy knew how terrible it sounded.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
11/16/18 5:50 p.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/18 5:58 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

The Sword - Gods of the Earth

I saw these guys in Lincoln, NE when they opened for Metallica on their Death Magnetic tour. To be honest, I really wasn't impressed. But to be fair, the acoustics in that arena were horrible and I don't think the sound guy knew how terrible it sounded.

Listening to "Lords" right now.  Getting a kind of 1980s Anthrax-y vibe from it, and it's a good thing.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/17/18 7:03 p.m.

Eva Cassidy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

The late, great, Eva is spectacular.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
11/18/18 12:42 a.m.

Iration has a song playing on DC101 that I really like and I hated reggae for the longest time even though I liked dub back in the day.  It's a good song.

this is it. smiley

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
11/19/18 12:43 p.m.

Cari Cari - Summer Sun    Nice cars in the background.  914, early Barracuda, etc.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/19/18 9:22 p.m.

John Coltrane

Annie and I are in front of the fireplace sipping wine and listening to Lester Young's Pandora station. Coltrane shows up often andis one of my many favorite vintage jazz sax artists there.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/19/18 10:45 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
11/21/18 7:44 a.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I enjoyed that, hadn't heard of them.

Currently listening to the latest album from The Ocean and being reminded that I love this band.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
11/21/18 8:01 a.m.

I've been listening to Vivaldi's Complete Cello Concertos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kgs3RmFVH8

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/18 8:33 a.m.

Pretty cool music video:

Gesaffelstein - Pursuit

NSFW warning: has some nudity. Using embed link to work around login requirement.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/21/18 11:13 a.m.

Lee Morgan Live at the Lighthouse

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/22/18 11:05 a.m.

The sweet isolating sound of a too-loud bathroom fan. Ahh. 

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
11/22/18 10:22 p.m.

In a mellow mood today - Gerry Mulligan and Johnny Hodges together in 1959.  A sax player's delight.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
11/22/18 10:37 p.m.

Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms album

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/23/18 8:56 p.m.

Paul Cardall - Redeemer

Sitting in our all-glass Four Seasons sunroom with the heat on, watching the full moon rise, sipping wine, and listening to Paul Cardall on Amazon Music. Redeemer is one of my favorites of his.

Did I mention we were sipping wine?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/18 9:28 p.m.

Canadian Brass LIVE on Youtube. Really fun music. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8OtUunLR6E

1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ehi0BaMLgFwW4mSDApfvfIkkqmkuYzb06HRm0gcmsr36y9W9UTGfyMKDvnCbW6cu