In the Mood

It's a Friday night ritual.  

undefined

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/11/19 8:36 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

Klinger.  DC101. smiley

DC101 is still around?  Any good these days? I gave up on them and was listening to 98 Rock out of B'more when I could pick it up back when I last lived in your area...

secretariata
1/11/19 8:38 p.m.

Toby Kieth - Whiskey Girl, not at all like DC101 as far as I know...

Whiskey Girl

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/11/19 8:45 p.m.

Children of Bodom - Morrigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3kDrBTlt8

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/11/19 8:49 p.m.

Interstellar Sledgehammer

secretariata
1/11/19 8:51 p.m.
Antihero said:

Where can I get the CD?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/11/19 9:05 p.m.
secretariata said:
Antihero said:

Where can I get the CD?

There isnt one right now actually. But if theres enough interest ill look thru our practice room recordings and make a demo.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/11/19 9:06 p.m.

yeah billie eilish and a new Judah and the Lion track tonight.  a lot of old stuff for sure but Klinger is the man.  "launching a 'sea pickle'" is a common refrain which in such a stuffy town that's weirdly refreshing.  plus not sure i'd ever known 21 Pilots given my continued stay in the hermitage. smiley

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/12/19 6:43 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/12/19 7:33 p.m.

This Ain't No Upwardly Mobile Freeway ...

Oh no, this is the road, this is the road, this is the road to hell.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/19 9:26 p.m.

Tower of Power. 

NPR Tiny Desk Concert. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDksWTzZQ2c

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/13/19 9:46 p.m.

Sultans of Swing

I'm an old guy. Old enough to remember where I was when JFK was shot, when the Challenger's seal failed, and when some bad guys flew planes into the WTC and the Pentagon. Less important to history, but still important to me, was when I first heard this new music. It was in my El Camino with a woman (before Annie), parked in front of her house in the late seventies, with the radio on. A somewhat romantic evening. I said "this is fantastic!" She misinterpreted my enthusiasm. Since then, I've been a fan of Mark Knopfler. And shortly thereafter I met Annie.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/13/19 10:41 p.m.

WRTI (jazz/classical station in Philly) streamed through their app Chromecasted on the tv..

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
1/14/19 7:09 a.m.
Gary said:

Sultans of Swing

I'm an old guy. Old enough to remember where I was when JFK was shot, when the Challenger's seal failed, and when some bad guys flew planes into the WTC and the Pentagon. Less important to history, but still important to me, was when I first heard this new music. It was in my El Camino with a woman (before Annie), parked in front of her house in the late seventies, with the radio on. A somewhat romantic evening. I said "this is fantastic!" She misinterpreted my enthusiasm. Since then, I've been a fan of Mark Knopfler. And shortly thereafter I met Annie.

Back when I was in college (late 1990's) I listened primarily to the local classic rock radio station.  For a few months there they had Sultans of Swing on very heavy rotation- like 3 - 4 times per day.  It got to be a running joke with me and my then-roomate, "Hey, Sultans of Swing...haven't heard that in a few hours!"

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/14/19 8:37 p.m.

Jerry Miller

Jerry has a great history, but as of late, he's the lead guitarist for Eilen Jewell. She's great. Jerry's great. They're music is great. Go see them sometime.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/14/19 8:52 p.m.

Eilen Jewell - Dusty Boxcar Wall

I really like Jerry Miller's guitar in this. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/19/19 9:14 p.m.

Letters to Abigail, a pleasant "Americana" duet based in Hendersonville NC

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
1/23/19 9:27 p.m.

Jaguar God by Mastodon.

Oh man. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
1/24/19 3:56 p.m.

Peter Gabriel - Steam

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/19 5:26 p.m.
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/19 5:27 p.m.
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/19 5:35 p.m.

Hamilton Soundtrack.  Went to see it when it opened in PGH, going to see it again with the little one, have to get him ready. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/25/19 9:55 p.m.

Leonard Cohen ... Dance Me ...

Greetings from Pompano Beach, Florida. We're listening to music on our balcony at the Beachcomber, drinking wine, of course.

We went to Palm Beach today, up the coast, and passed by this place called Mar-a-lago. Couldn't see much. We weren't invited in for a drink. Tomorrow we go to the Revs Institute in Naples. Looking forward to that. Will report.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/25/19 9:59 p.m.

Run the jewels- hip hop group comprised of Killer mike and producer turned rapper el-p. Mike did a docuseries on Netflix I really enjoyed called trigger warning.  I knew i liked his flow from a verse he did for outkast on "the whole world". Also knew volcom picked them up as sponsored. Decided to give a listen. Very Atlanta deep base almost trap beats with decent rhyme composition.  I'd love to run it through a boomin' stereo. 

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
1/25/19 10:45 p.m.

Weezer's Teal album.

It's album of the week on Slacker, week's almost over, but it's a lot of fun, all covers, some surprising, all awesome!

1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rYFicGEByZORsGdv3AR2U62OjlUPQjk8VAzonTAF3Mi0IVNqtx0IK7Y6JaFlidKA