1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 237
Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/8/19 8:57 p.m.

PF - Wearing the Inside Out

From "The Division Bell" album. This entire album is fantastic ... and post Roger effing Waters. All the better.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/10/19 7:48 p.m.

Whack for the Daddy-O

... there's whiskey in the jar.

Great night tonight at our local pub "Bill's Place." So today is the beginning of St. Paddy's week, and as Bill the proprietor of this esteemed RI establishment (he's a friendly, gregarious Greek guy who has a great connection with RI law enforcement ... and fortunately I'm friendly with him) does every year, he had a great Irish band called Garda play. The band is made up of several retired RI State Police Officers. They're good. And the clientele for this one particular night is about 60% current and retired LEO's. We feel pretty safe there during this event. Well, Bill's is a safe place regardless,  but exceptionally safe during this event. Anyway, this is one of my favorite traditional Irish folk songs. What Annie and I heard tonight was pretty traditional Irish folk, even though some of these songs have been bastardized more recently.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/10/19 7:51 p.m.

And then there's this version

Same song, but I'm sorry to say that I didn't see anything like this at Bill's Place tonight. wink

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
3/11/19 10:34 p.m.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/12/19 1:40 a.m.
Gary said:

Whack for the Daddy-O

... there's whiskey in the jar.

Great night tonight at our local pub "Bill's Place." So today is the beginning of St. Paddy's week, and as Bill the proprietor of this esteemed RI establishment (he's a friendly, gregarious Greek guy who has a great connection with RI law enforcement ... and fortunately I'm friendly with him) does every year, he had a great Irish band called Garda play. The band is made up of several retired RI State Police Officers. They're good. And the clientele for this one particular night is about 60% current and retired LEO's. We feel pretty safe there during this event. Well, Bill's is a safe place,  but exceptionally safe during this event. Anyway, this is one of my favorite traditional Irish folk songs. What Annie and I heard tonight was pretty traditional Irish folk, even though some of these songs have been bastardized more recently.

Sitting in an Irish pub in Las Vegas of all places listening to an older Irish expat play that song among many others. Good way to kill the hours doing solo business travel. I should probably cash out now, but I might have one more pint on the expense account. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/12/19 10:05 a.m.

Haven't listened to this gem in a while:

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
3/12/19 12:37 p.m.

Not sure I'm old enough, but Cyndi Lauper.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/19 9:45 a.m.

HEAVY berkeleyING METAL this morning (mostly Meshuggah)

Playlist

\m/

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
3/15/19 12:35 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VgdtTRZhag

Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/15/19 2:53 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luTT97VJpTE

Boasty cause who knew Idris Elba could rap.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/19 7:06 p.m.

These guys always sound like they're having a ton of fun.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
3/15/19 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Iske!

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
3/15/19 7:58 p.m.

ScHoolboy Q's new track, Numb Numb Juice has one of the nastiest beats I've heard in a while and the best refrain of 2019 so far.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/19 12:00 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VgdtTRZhag

Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt

No disrespect, but i prefer Steve Earle's version...can't make the embed work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKb9b7lu5WE&list=RDdKb9b7lu5WE&start_radio=1&t=18&t=21&t=25&t=35&t=37&pbjreload=10

Gary
Gary SuperDork
3/18/19 9:12 p.m.

Springsteen - Down to the River - live 1980

OK. Sorry. I know I've done this a few times before. But damn, this is a such a great live performance. I'm not a fan of this guy's politics, but I really like this performance ... before he became "Big Bruce." This is pretty amazing to see him at this point in his career, so good, before "Born In the USA" stardom tainted him.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/18/19 9:17 p.m.
chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/19/19 7:31 a.m.

Weezer Teal album

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/19/19 7:50 a.m.

I'm taking a break from my usual metal habits to listen to this excellent album by EL-P.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/20/19 7:30 p.m.

While listening to a metal covers playlist on my Spotify account, Swords Of A Thousand Men by The Real McKenzies came on.

These guys are pretty cool.

Chip by The Real McKenzies

Swords Of A Thousand Men

speedyracer
speedyracer
3/20/19 8:45 p.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/21/19 7:36 p.m.

Oliver Tree. Reminds me of Lil Peep.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/21/19 7:44 p.m.
chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/21/19 7:45 p.m.

Thrice - Music Box

have the cd but just re-heard it on Pandora and it rocked

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
3/21/19 8:14 p.m.

This is the latest from Baroness I guess (haven’t verified that yet)

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/22/19 1:01 p.m.

Haydn - The Seven Last Words of Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnNjsAGkgN0

1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NEgzREGQeWd26zSAq6MreUXGsSUDSPDr5gkdQXc3kYMOKN0beIXh7vpWkhbQQgmc