7/21/19 1:43 p.m.

Revizia. New guy, he's come out swinging with 2 albums that hit like mofos:

https://jstrecords.bandcamp.com/album/phantom-lp

https://jstrecords.bandcamp.com/album/karma-ep

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/21/19 9:38 p.m.

Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall 1938

First time they allowed the "new music called jazz" at the hallowed institution. Before that, it was only philharmonic and opera. They replaced the fixed seats with tables and chairs to create a caberet setting. Another thing about this besides Benny's great clarinet playing, is percussionist Gene Krupa, who provides a strong driving beat. This one concert changed music in America.

Sorry. I know I've done this before. I'm not senile. I'm just trying to impart a bit of knowledge. This is the exact moment how and when jazz became main stream music in America. Carnegie Hall, Benny Goodman, 1938. And this performance established the standard format of all subsequent jazz performances ... especially after WWII into the fifties and sixties. Amazing.

Remember, this was 1938. So erace everything in your mind and imagine this is new music. Now I know why my father loved this music. I grew up with this on his 78 and later LP albums. I didn't like it at the time. I liked The Stones, The Kinks, etc. And I still do. But as time went on, I began to appreciate the old stuff. And now I love it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/19 10:42 a.m.

Like MSI / Jimmy Urine? Check this out:

Euringer - Self-titled album. Beware, plenty of NSFW language ahead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDiQOWOx00

Music videos from this album:

F**k Everything

What a Fool Believes

Kind of like Weird Al if most of his humor were replaced with anger, any remaining berkeleys given stripped out, and sick electro beats stuffed in their place.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
7/25/19 8:51 a.m.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/19 6:41 p.m.

Townes - Pancho and Lefty

Contrary to popular knowledge,  Townes Van Zandt wrote this great song. I think this version was recorded long before Willie sang it.

I'm a huge fan of Townes Van Zandt, love the music he created and performed, and miss him a lot.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/19 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

I never knew that. That and City of New Orleans are two of my favorite Willie Nelson songs.  

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/19 7:07 p.m.

Alan Jackson - Remember When

Annie and I were at Fresco's in West Warwick tonight (our mainstay "Bill's Place" is closed for remodeling), and we were talking about country music with other patrons. I recounted my story about my oil burner service technician and Alan Jackson in Key West (which I've done here before), and why I really like Alan Jackson as a regular guy, as well as a superstar, and his music. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/28/19 7:10 p.m.
oliverbrick
oliverbrick
7/29/19 2:16 p.m.

Scorpions

Karl La Follette
7/30/19 8:18 a.m.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/19 3:49 p.m.

Deep Purple - House of the Blue Light

Nothing like a bit of old school hard rock, even if the album is over thirty yars old.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/31/19 12:45 p.m.

Quentin Tarantino takeover of a Spotify channel.  Pretty much stuff from his movies, all of them.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWZC2yew0xGiz?si=4zMb853oQfG5PPLRmAXn3Q

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
7/31/19 1:39 p.m.

white noise, literally. 

We have a machine in the office that pumps out white noise like a big fan sound. thank you google-esq open office environment concepts...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/31/19 2:04 p.m.

Nothing Great About Britian- slowthai

Karl La Follette
8/1/19 7:36 a.m.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/1/19 7:28 p.m.

Cinci

8-1-2019

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
8/1/19 9:20 p.m.

Found a sad sweet cover of Allison Krauss’s “I’ll fly away” by Laura Oakes and Jess Roberts.

“I’ll Fly Away” Bluegrass Warning...

Makes me feel better about losing Mom this week.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/1/19 9:49 p.m.
Karl La Follette said:

So Karl, my man, you have a new pup. Nice. Tell us about it. And what kind of music does he/she like?

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/2/19 7:35 p.m.

Lester Young

Classic tenor sax ... smooth jazz from one of my favorite old-time artists. It's a beautiful summer evening in SoNE. I'm sitting on our patio surrounded by our tall flower gardens (it's an outdoor room), the solar lanterns have popped on, I'm listening to vintage jazz and drinking Bordeaux imported by Moniseur Touton (best European wine importer, but only available on the East Coast). Shorts, T-shirt, and flip flops. Doesn't get any better than this. Fall, winter, spring you say? No way. Summer is the ticket.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/2/19 8:25 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/2/19 8:46 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/2/19 9:10 p.m.

Coleman Hawkins and Ben Webster

Two great tenor sax players

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/19 9:14 p.m.

On my Spotify shuffle is Hammer of The North by Grand Magus.

Great song if you haven't heard it

Gary
Gary SuperDork
8/2/19 10:08 p.m.

Illinois Jacquet

Have You Met Miss Jones?

Another great tenor sax jazz artist. 

1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rTAY1WcZLmo5KnzBd1IyHTRLSnMwoPd22ViUfCt4nYitd1s0HNloypVMtqbRu4TO