1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 237
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/6/19 4:39 p.m.

Some band called hot graves. I guess I know one of the dudes in it or something. I like revenge lust. Aww skeet skeet. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/6/19 7:11 p.m.
Suprf1y said:

In reply to Gary :

I have never liked the Who, and even despised them at times,  but that is the only song of theirs that I will listen to

Always liked David Gilmour so I think these instrumental jams are great. Simple, and tasteful

My man. I agree with you wholeheartedly about David Gilmour. (I really don't care about your thoughts regarding The Who. I like them, you don't. No problem, and that's OK). But I would advise you to check out my previous posts about one of my favorite guitarists: David Gilmour, who is great. In fact, I even previously posted the same video you just posted, and I'd say David's slide guitar work is phenomenal (I also like the late, great, Richard Wright on keyboard. So, my friend, I really like David Gilmour, his talent, his music, and I do indeed love Pink Floyd.laugh

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/6/19 8:18 p.m.

Monroe, LA

Nov. 6, 2018

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/6/19 8:29 p.m.

I thought we had video embed worked out? At the risk of the truth...Am I stupid? blush

The Pretenders...

Brass in Pocket

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/6/19 8:30 p.m.

I've been obsessing over the new K.Flay album. There are a few really good tracks on there but here's one:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/6/19 8:52 p.m.

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
11/7/19 6:19 a.m.

Guess I've been asleep for the last 5 years, because there was a Big Boi/Phantogram collaboration that I didn't know about and it slaps:

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/8/19 10:02 p.m.

David - Shine

This is pretty damn good. I really like the original electric PF version. But we all know who was behind this song, and I love his acoustic version. The icing on this cake is the appearance of the great PF tenor sax man Richard Parry. Great stuff!

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/8/19 10:20 p.m.

Another PF Gem

"Wearing the Inside Out" is one of my favorite PF songs. David on lead guitar is great as usual. This version is especially interesting to me because it includes sax man extroadinairre Richard Parry, but also the late, great Richard Wright on keyboards and vocals. The only great one missing is car-guy Nick Mason on percussion. Too bad. (I am not missing, nor will ever miss the world's greatest low-talent grandstander Roger Waters).

Richard Wright - RIP, 2008

kaylaonfilm
kaylaonfilm New Reader
11/8/19 11:14 p.m.

Listening to this makes me want to take a night drive, again. 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
11/8/19 11:33 p.m.

Corb Lund, Cover Your Tracks.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/14/19 8:41 p.m.

Bossier City, LA

Nov. 14, 2019

(Did you also know that Bossier City, LA, hosted important SCCA National road races in the early sixties?wink)

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/17/19 11:12 p.m.

PF - Pigs

Greetings from Palm Springs, CA. Annie and I have been here for a week now. Seems like we just arrived, and we still have another week to go here at the Coyote Inn, a great small, intimate hotel. We're with people we know from previous trips and "locals" we've met before. Anyway, daytime  temps have been high eighties, low nineties, and sunny every day since we got here last week. Fantastic compared to back home in SoNE. It's 9:00 pm right now, still around 78 degrees, and I'm sitting by the fire pit sipping a great CA Chardonnay (yeah, besides Bordeaux and beer, I do drink certain specific CA wine. But I'm particular about that.) And I'm listening to Pink Floyd. I'm looking forward to another great week reading by the pool, hiking in the desert and mountains, dinner in town each night, drinking wine by the fire pit with friends, and then the Keith McCormick Classic Car Auction next weekend. Will I buy anything? We'll see. I love retirement.smiley

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/19 3:41 p.m.

Why have I only found out about King Diamond now? They've been around forever, after all.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/18/19 3:42 p.m.

Night and Day - Attila Fias, Steve Wingfield. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/18/19 6:36 p.m.

Corpo Mente

Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/19/19 12:12 a.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/19 12:28 p.m.
Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/21/19 11:34 a.m.
Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
11/21/19 6:38 p.m.

LOL.

Came here to post this

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/19 8:16 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/22/19 8:42 a.m.

I've been on a massive Pennywise kick lately for the gym.

Prior to that, it was anything related to Dropkick Murpheys.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/19 8:45 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

I actually like a number of Irish folk punk / rock bands, but Dropkick Murphys are not among them.

I'd much rather listen to Flogging Molly.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/19 8:48 a.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/19 8:50 a.m.

a friend recommended Billy Strings, a phenomenal young gun in the bluegrass world.  i found Marcus King in a Billy Strings youtube mix, then found JJ Grey and Mofro when I set up a Marcus King station on Pandora.  LOL'd when JJ Grey came out of my iPod the other day, i was like "WTF mate, I already had this cat and didn't know it?"  JJ was on a compilation disc from Alligator Records that I've had for about 10 years.   Anyway, i present to you JJ Grey and Mofro:

I'm seeing Marcus King Band in December, and JJ Grey in February, both shows at relatively small places here in Detroit.

1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
afQGOqQCswIEXIP97J0lv8T98GWB3wTbjRol6I9jtGGjIf1XCTAFaXFxbFk8bS1y