1 2 3 4 5 6
Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
9/1/18 12:53 p.m.

Pilot a plane, prop driven specifically, with water takeoff and landing possible, and or a helicopter. 

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/1/18 1:06 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Not that it is a goal, but my wife is probably 2 promotions away from me being a house hubby. We’ve long established that she is the bread winner and I’m the domestic. I’m fine with that. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/1/18 1:34 p.m.

Jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Back in my adrenaline junkie days after road racing and bungee jumping skydiving was obviously next. I talked to two jump schools and was ready. Then... 1st school, student got caught in a tree just missing power lines. 2nd school, student's chute caught got in the tail wheel and had to land the student dragging in the grass. Both local headlines.

I took that as a sign. indecision

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/1/18 6:46 p.m.

Stop worrying about everything, and just live.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/1/18 7:08 p.m.
Ian F said:
kazoospec said:

Fire a gatling gun.

That's not hard to do.

If my math is right, that's 1.3 seconds of sustained fire . . . for $200.  Totally worth it.

TasdevEngineer2of3
TasdevEngineer2of3 New Reader
9/1/18 8:02 p.m.

1. Drive a top fuel car (highly unlikely but doable with mucho bucks)

2. Go to the moon - and return (the definition of no way but at least I could get a part of my ashes in earth orbit)

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/1/18 9:08 p.m.
etifosi said:

The crazy hot 25 year-old at work that always wears yoga pants (and wiggles her taut tush) when we are teamed up together at work.

Hey now!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/1/18 9:48 p.m.

Drive a rally car on a special stage.

Be on The Grand Tour with Jeremy, James and Richard.

Write a best-selling novel that is turned into a movie.

Jennifer Aniston.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/1/18 9:58 p.m.
Ian F said:
kazoospec said:

Fire a gatling gun.

That's not hard to do.

Getting a ride in a P-51 isn't hard either.  The Collings Foundation (https://www.collingsfoundation.org) has a 2-seater that they take on tours around the US and you can get a ride in it for about $500.  They have a B-17 and B-24 on the tour too.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/2/18 6:18 a.m.

Finish a project. Any project.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/2/18 6:58 a.m.
akamcfly said:

Way to make going to space seem achievable. 

BenB
BenB Reader
9/2/18 1:04 p.m.

Fly jets again. Do a V6 conversion on a second-gen MR2. Own a 951 or a 1st-gen RX-7. Take a HPDE course. Figure out WTF is making that clunking noise in the rear VMaxx Classic shocks on the Miata.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/2/18 1:08 p.m.
akamcfly said:

I shoulda thought if that.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/2/18 1:43 p.m.

Now that I've had some time to think about it...

Competitively race stage rally

Be in a horror film (villain)

Emma Stone

Be a homesteader

Transfer my brain into something that would let me travel the stars.

Live in a land without rust or snow again.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/2/18 1:53 p.m.
Brian said:

Way to make going to space seem achievable. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/18 5:31 p.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

Don't sweat it, Canada.  You pre-apologized for them in 1973 by giving us 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/2/18 5:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to akamcfly :

Don't sweat it, Canada.  You pre-apologized for them in 1973 by giving us 

Well E36 M3! I'll likely never see Rush in concert. crying

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/2/18 7:17 p.m.

I’lll invert this and mark something I have done, that was worth it, even though it appears it’s going to cost me a total joint replacement of my left knee—

Raft down this Colorado river though the Grand Canyon

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/2/18 8:03 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Fly a B-17.

I'll use this as an excuse to tell about meeting a WWII vet that had been a B17 pilot. It was 2006; he had been discharged in 1946 after 37 missions. He went through three airplanes, but told me he, "never lost a man!"

He told me about going out to the Asheville, NC airport to look at a B17 that was touring the country the year before. He was standing next to the cockpit, talking to the pilot as they were wrapping up their day, when the pilot said to him, "Okay, climb in." 

He replied that he had too many hours in one of them to pay $50 for a ride. The pilot replied that they needed to warm up the engines anyhow, put him in the copilot's seat, and off they went. 

The pilot took off, and at a thousand feet he pulled his hands and feet off the controls, and said, "Well, there you go!" and wouldn't take them back.

After protesting how crazy that was after 60 years, he realized that the pilot meant it and took over. He said that the moment he took control of the plane, it all came back to him in an instant. He could have done anything with the plane. 

My wish: to meet this man again. Unfortunately, it was 12 years ago, I don't remember his name, I don't live there anymore, and I don't know if he's still alive. Not going to happen. 

I'll always remember him, though.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/2/18 8:13 p.m.
kazoospec said:
Ian F said:
kazoospec said:

Fire a gatling gun.

That's not hard to do.

If my math is right, that's 1.3 seconds of sustained fire . . . for $200.  Totally worth it.

I can be firing one in the next 15min. God bless tourist hell. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/2/18 8:22 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Stop worrying about everything, and just live.

I'm fairly close. Turns out the key is being so screwed that simple E36 M3 doesnt even matter. I have 250$ to my name right now, I live in florida, and none of my cars have working ac, as the blower motor in the nissan let the magic smoke out this morning. 

berkeley it. I played video games. I went to the store and got some dinner stuff. I'll fix the nissan tomorrow. I have a plan, and its gonna work. No need to sweat it  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/18 8:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Learn aerobatics.

Those that can't  fly want to fly. Those of us who fly, want to do it upside-down.

You can learn aerobatics in a simulator. You didn't say fly aerobatics in a real plane cheeky

ddavidv said:

Drive a rally car on a special stage.

Do what my navigator did, keep an eye out for a used rally car with one foot in the grave being sold for cheap, fix up some of the really important stuff to help it survive, then borrow safety equipment from all your friends and limp it through a few events. It helps if you get sponsorship from a sex shop laugh

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/18 8:47 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Retire

This

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/18 9:10 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Related answer to the original question and related response. I'll likely never start an adult toy company with products made from recycled material that was reclaimed trash from oceans and waterways. Said company name "Blue Legume" 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/18 10:41 a.m.
captdownshift said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Related answer to the original question and related response. I'll likely never start an adult toy company with products made from recycled material that was reclaimed trash from oceans and waterways. Said company name "Blue Legume" 

How about Envirildo?

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hXQwhChdSDXHUUSok94YuVfcY5pMUFVDyDJvGHxlFq94arGTDVgagFxBxd4o0KPQ