1 ... 3 4 5 6
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/3/18 12:33 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Appleseed said:

Learn aerobatics.

Those that can't  fly want to fly. Those of us who fly, want to do it upside-down.

You can learn aerobatics in a simulator. You didn't say fly aerobatics in a real plane 

It's not even remotely the same thing. But you know that.blush​​​

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/3/18 7:39 p.m.

Camping at Lime Rock for the Vintage weekend.

Annie and I spent Thursday through Sunday this weekend at the various vintage events at LRP. We stayed at a nice hotel in Avon, CT, about an hour away. (By the way, the race car parade from LRP into Falls Village and the ensuing car show on Thursday evening is a spectacular event. We enjoyed talking to Tom Cotter who had his barn-find Cunningham, and was staying at the Inn where Annie and I had dinner that evening). But I truly envy the folks that camp trackside all weekend. That would be a ton of  fun. I doubt it will ever happen for me.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/3/18 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

With temps in the 90's this weekend and similar humidity levels, RV-camping: Yes. Tent camping: Oh hell no.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/18 8:20 p.m.

A normal life where I can just enjoy things and not worry about everything. We had no plans for the first time in months so we went for a quick trip which used to be fun and relaxing.  Now I have to worry about where we can stop, if I can push her around when we want to stop places, get her into bathrooms, etc.  I should be used to it by now but it gets exhausting.   

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
9/3/18 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

This post made this whole thread worth it vicariously, I felt that from here

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/4/18 8:05 a.m.
Wally said:

A normal life where I can just enjoy things and not worry about everything. We had no plans for the first time in months so we went for a quick trip which used to be fun and relaxing.  Now I have to worry about where we can stop, if I can push her around when we want to stop places, get her into bathrooms, etc.  I should be used to it by now but it gets exhausting.   

I remember those quandaries with my ex wife. The sad result was we didnt go anywhee. It wasnt worth the hassle. 

Torkel
Torkel New Reader
9/4/18 8:56 a.m.

It's funny how the goal constantly moves. Some couples want but can't have kids, everything else being secondary. Some couples with a sick child wants nothing more then a cure, no matter what the cost would be.

The son of a friend of mines broke his neck while playing outside, making him paralyzed from neck and down. He sold of all his toys: Racing car, rally car, bikes, etc right away. Now, he wishes for nothing more then a repaired spine for his son.

I want to start and run my own company. I have worked in large companies all my working life and although I'm doing well, I'd really like to build a business for myself, even if it remains a side hustle while I keep my day job. Current VISA status stops me from moving forward with it right now...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/4/18 9:21 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Wally said:

I remember those quandaries with my ex wife. The sad result was we didnt go anywhee. It wasnt worth the hassle. 

That was what happened with my mother and father.  She did her best to get him out and about, but its very difficult and often the best option was just to not go anywhere.  sad

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/4/18 9:26 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

My parents are at that stage now, when my mom does manage to get my dad out they often fall into a box of where they end up going. They've started asking me for recommendations of places to eat and most of the places I frequent don't have the best parking situation for those with disabilities, they go early and find negotiating getting into the spots part of the experience. Instead of being frustrated by the extra time it takes they've realized that it's extra time that they're not spending being sediatary at home. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/18 11:30 a.m.
iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
9/4/18 1:02 p.m.

Get my pilots license.    I've done most of the other things.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/18 1:59 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I came here to say the same thing. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/4/18 4:20 p.m.

Lots of pilot wishes here.

Look into Sport Pilot.

You might be suprised.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
9/5/18 3:18 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Lots of pilot wishes here.

Look into Sport Pilot.

You might be suprised.

I just would like to land back on an aircraft carrier in rough seas again!! Oh and it should be a proper Vintage one throwing out a giant heat bloom from the exhaust stack just as you are about to land.  Nothing like that sudden elevator ride to pucker you up.  

None of this Jets, electronics, and computers please!  Real mean use a stick and rudder, pistons and propellers.     

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/5/18 8:11 a.m.

I agree.  Jets are for kids. laugh

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/5/18 8:44 a.m.

See my grandchildren.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
9/7/18 6:45 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

I’m glad I didn’t do one of the things I had very much wanted to do.  

Sail the South Pacific. After Katrina I had looked at all the boats being bought for dimes on the dollar and shared my dream of sailing the South Pacific with him. 

There was a 51 foot schooner that had been sunk and recovered. Auction after auction it was bid on but nobody completed the sale. My friend finally bought it on a whim for only $3200. Obviously the engine, electronics and sails were trash by now but he pulled out the diesel and put in an electric forklift motor and batteries. 

Then mounted 4 wind generators and a solar panel on the roof.   It worked brilliantly.  In fact even in port he can run the A/C  etc etc. to his hearts content.  

What he wasn’t ready for was the cost of sailing.  Every port cost him thousands of dollars in fees and etc.  He started with 6 crew, but 1/2 had jumped ship by the time he got to Sydney Australia.  He doubts the crew he has left is capable of dealing with transiting the Roaring 40’s 

The cook is worthless doing anything but cooking. He says she’s a great cook but crabby often nasty and worthless at the helm. The engineer is fantastic and easy going. He has a nurse practitioner who’s also great with ship handling. While the Schooner should be able to go, short handed in an emergency it’s just too dangerous. He’s only got 2 months left before he’s required to leave.  If he can’t find at least one good crew member He’ll have to Skip Rio deJanero  during Marti Gras  and return Via the Panama Canal.  

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
9/8/18 10:39 a.m.

I am late to the party but here goes.

Drive a Porsche 962 at LeMans

Halle Berry

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
9/23/18 11:06 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
etifosi said:

The crazy hot 25 year-old at work that always wears yoga pants (and wiggles her taut tush) when we are teamed up together at work.

Hey now!

Teamed with Yoga Pants at work last night.  Not much blood was reaching my brain as she was salaciously shimmying that taut tush. She showed me a tattoo that no one else at work knows exists.

Then she non-verbally propositioned me.surprise

I might have to start a "Things you want to do, shouldn't, but are seriously considering doing anyway" thread.  Or a "learn me to cheat and not get caught" one.  

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/18 11:09 a.m.

Become a professional sumo wrestler that retires from sumo wrestling in order to become a professional bull rider. "Throw 650lb off your back you undercooked steak" 

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
9/24/18 10:20 a.m.
etifosi said:
Datsun310Guy said:
etifosi said:

The crazy hot 25 year-old at work that always wears yoga pants (and wiggles her taut tush) when we are teamed up together at work.

Hey now!

Teamed with Yoga Pants at work last night.  Not much blood was reaching my brain as she was salaciously shimmying that taut tush. She showed me a tattoo that no one else at work knows exists.

I might have to start a "Things you want to do, shouldn't, but are seriously considering doing anyway" thread.  Or a "learn me to cheat and not get caught" one.  

Oh don’t worry, you will get caught.  She might not confront you with your affair ( or might ) or bide her time until you are in a vulnerable position.  Heck she might take that as your tacit approval to do the same thing.  

However, you will be caught.  The only question is what it will cost you.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/18 11:51 a.m.
etifosi said:
Datsun310Guy said:
etifosi said:

Hey now!

Dayum, Amy thread 2.0? laugh

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
9/24/18 12:47 p.m.
etifosi said:
Datsun310Guy said:
etifosi said:

Hey now!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT MAN RUN AWAY! And it'll get a heck of a lot shorter (but feel longer) when you're caught.

If you were single, fine, have fun. But cheating is not worth it, ever.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/18 12:50 p.m.

Yes, as entertaining as it would be for the rest of us if you were to cheat and report back, don't. Don't cheat, I mean.

(But report back if you do laugh)

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
9/25/18 4:05 a.m.

Thanks all, for the never truer words of warning. I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid enough to open this box Pandora has presented me.

Pretty sure.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QdIQ8ldDtDJAI4a7Gs4o6Zmu3z25Dkdrf4tWjZBhUHGCDC1914GdoFsLovWEbfzW